Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on March 15, 2012
I have purchased several gift basket type products. The price for this basket was reasonable when purchased at a discount. The pictures presented usually make the item appear larger, and oftentimes I found lots of cardboard and fluff in these baskets, but little actual product. This one was about average in the amount of fluff and waste, perhaps even slightly better than most.
on June 3, 2014
Don't order this product unless it is offered with very fast and ideally with cooled shipping. I ordered it as a gift and used the standard free shipping option and it took a full seven days to go from the west coast to the east. It must have routed through and sat in some pretty hot places. Everything was melted. Items were fused together inside their packets. The chocolate had oozed out of the wrappers in some cases. Items like truffles had the chocolate melted off of them, exposing their white centers like bones. I nibbled on a few pieces and found that the taste had also been very negatively affected.

Amazon was very kind and let me order a new basket from a different company that offered expedited and COOLED shipping. It arrived in two days and still had cooling gel keeping the chocolate safe inside the package. Don't buy anything perishable or chocolate-based from wine.com unless they offer that level of protection, especially during the warm summer months.
11 comment13 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2011
I gave this item as a gift for Christmas . . . it was delivered quickly and feedback from the recipient has already been forthcoming and very positive. Thank you Godiva.
on May 21, 2015
This was purchased as a gift for Mother's Day. It was a lightning deal, so the price was fantastic. The basket did not look the same in real life as it did in pictures depicted online. Online, the product was shown as being taller and packaged/arranged in a way where all of the products were standing up, but the basket my mother received had all of the chocolate laying flat and partially stacked on top of each other. The whole thing was shrink wrapped to have a smaller form factor, for shipping reasons I suppose. The chocolate was intact, although the whole thing was mostly packaging. There was no bow, and the gift did not look like a gift. At least the chocolate was reportedly okay, even though Godiva isn't the best chocolate ever. At least the basket came with everything that was advertised. Next time I shop for chocolate gifts, I will note the ounces in the description, too. Rated 2 stars for "I don't like it" because I don't like how the product wasn't as pictured, especially because it was supposed to be a nice gift.
on March 8, 2013
Oh man! What else could be said about this special chocolate gift. Even the basket is a highly graded one. The treats were wonderful and such an excellent variety.
on January 14, 2013
Got this for Christmas. I went to Amazon and added it to my wish list along with other things I liked. Then I gave my wish list to my husband and he purchased it. I must say it was nice not having to buy my own gift this year, well sort of. I reccommend using the wish list if you have a spouse like mine. Now on to the product review. I enjoyed it, well I'm still enjoying it. There is a good selection of different items. However, I've noticed Godiva's chocolate is not as good a quality as it once was. I mean I can get just as good a quality at the store for half the price. All in all I would ask for this gift again.
on March 5, 2013
Gave it to my Sister, a dark chocolate lover, for Christmas. If you don't have the time or money to buy something chocolate related that's more personalized, this is a great choice. Plus, what girl would complain if she loves chocolate and received it as a gift?
on June 15, 2013
I gave this gift to my Mom for her birthday who happens to love chocolate. She told me the chocolate was delicious and she was very thankful that I chose this as her birthday present.
on August 7, 2012
BEST DEAL IN TOWN. RECOMEND TO ALL CHOCOLATE LOVERS. IT MAKES A NICE GIFT, IF YOU DONT GET TO THE PARTY, YOU CAN ALWAYS EAT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on December 28, 2012
This was a great Christmas gift. A fantastic display for all dark chocolate lovers. High quality chocolate always brings people together.

See 1 answered question