Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on September 21, 2015
Purchased both a large and a medium, since I wasn't sure which would fit better. I'm 5' 11" tall, 167 pounds with a 34" waist and 32" inseam. Based on the Marmot sizing chart I expected the large to fit the best over pants. While the large fit fine (especially length-wise), I felt that there was too much fabric up top around my waist area. Even with a pair of pants on underneath, I could still pull the elastic waist out several inches. I just felt puffy wearing them.

Once I tried on the medium, I felt that they fit better. The length was the same, but the amount of room up top fit just right with not much to spare. Pulling on the elastic waist gives me about 1.5 inches of room, which is just enough. Even with a healthy butt, there is still flexibility in movement. I kept the medium and sent the large back. Whether you choose a medium or large depends on how baggy you prefer your pants.

The PreCip pants function as expected. They are indeed waterproof, seam-sealed, and breathable. They are lightweight, weighing in at about 9 oz (255 g). The zippered front pockets have mesh pouches inside. Unfortunately they don't allow any pass-through to pant pockets underneath, but that could be remedied easily with a pair of scissors. These are not the full-zip PreCip pants; the zippered cuff extends about 12 inches up the leg. The cuffs are secured with a snap.

My only grip with the pants is that they are loud. Prepare to make a lot of swish-swish noises as you walk around.
on December 17, 2015
Great pants - I maybe unfairly took a star off because as is, they will not work for biking, as the cuff is too large. It requires binding to keep it out of the chain. Again, since they are not billed specifically as biking pants, it is maybe unfair to hold this against it. I can say that they are waterproof and breath pretty well. After a winter bike ride, they are a bit damp, trapping moisture somewhat. I have used worse. I wear pants with a 29" waist and 31" inseam, and the small size fits me perfectly, even over a thin base layer.
review image
on October 15, 2013
100% waterproof and fit very nicely over khaki pants or can wear them on their own. Adjustable cuffs mean they will have a tight fit over any shoe or boot and wont drag on the ground. Medium fits my 31" waist perfectly and the length is great for my 5'11" height. Non-insulated so great for the warm weather.
on November 30, 2012
These pants have a strange cut. It appears to be a common problem with waterproof pants. With this particular pair they have zero room for your butt. I am a standard "no butt" kinda guy, but even my butt was too big for these pants. They had tons of room in the front for a low belly that I don't have- wonder if there are very many people with even less ass than me and a big low belly? I'm not sure I understand the need to an elastic waist like this unless Marmot simply couldn't figure out how to construct a properly fitting pair of pants. I bought these pants partially because the picture looks like the pants are shaped well. I'd say this is pretty misleading.

Quality looks fine.
on October 19, 2013
These are some really tough pants. I was wearing them as wind pants on a canoe trip a while back and we were experienceing horrible winds and had to camp on an unknown island. Little did we know in was covered in thorns! I won't say these pants are brand new anymore, but they still keep the rain out!
on October 27, 2015
I really like the pants the quality is great and they seem to deliver what Marmot promises. My issue was the that the pants run on the larger side. Maybe they are meant for multi-layers, but I would be wearing mine with a pair of jeans and an under layer at the most. I found them to be way to baggy even though I picked the size that would fit me according to the sizing chart on the Marmot web-site.
on March 21, 2016
I used these pants on a snowshoe trip this winter and stayed dry the whole time. I was looking for a shell that could be worn over a base layer so I wouldn't overheat. paired with a nice set of gaiters and you will be dry. I would recommend these pants and I am going to carry them around in spring and summer backpack trips because they are quite light and packable.
on October 19, 2015
I like to ride my bike in all weather, even rain and snow, and these are great at keeping me dry. The only thing that annoys me is the sound they make when I walk in them.
on June 11, 2013
Keeps you dry. Doesn't have great ventilation but does the job. Zipper pockets are nice to make sure electronic items and your wallet don't get wet.
on February 27, 2014
I wore the pants for some field work during a rainy day, and they lasted about 2 hours. After brushing against a tree branch, the entire leg of the pant tore - yielding all water-proofing useless and the pants with no value. I'd say look elsewhere for rain pants.