Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on November 30, 2012
This Oster battery-operated mixer far exceeds my expectations. I've used it at least three times every week since I bought it longer than a year ago. It replaces in succession two of the Black & Decker Gizmo mixers that are no longer available. It is a much better device than the Gizmo mixers in that it is more powerful and the battery holds its charge for several months at a time, so it is not tethered to the charger when not in use. (The Gizmo mixers remained attached to a charger [later model] or charging bracket [earlier model]. The Oster charger comes with the Oster mixer and is very simple in use. I use the mixer for light tasks such as whipping cream, beating eggs, and even mixing light batters, such as small boxes of cake mix. It is fine for smoothing gravies with the whisk, whisking oil into salad dressings from scratch, etc. One should not expect it to knead bread or to mix larger volumes of thick batters. A small number of egg whites can be whisked to peaks, but a larger number of whites might more easily become merinque with a stand mixer, if for no other reason than the time involved. Creaming butter and sugar is also a stand mixer's task, though one could do it with a powerful, plug-in-the-wall hand mixer, I guess. This Oster mixer, applied to the tasks for which it is well suited, is very convenient, its three attachments (whisk, beater, and stirrer) are very easily cleaned (when the sink is already filled with sudsy water, I simply run the whisk, beater, or stirrer in the soapy water for a few seconds while it still is attached to the mixer, then run clean water on it while still running to rinse). Perhaps more recent technology makes the Oster mixer a much better device than the earlier Gizmo mixers, especially in giving the Oster significantly more power and what seems a much better battery and charging system. I store the mixer with its attachments and little charger in a decorative pot on the kitchen counter, where it could not be more convenient to-hand. I was reticent to buy this mixer, initially, because the descriptions of it are lacking in some of the information I've related here, especially regarding the charging operation. It is not a substitute for a stand mixer, but it can wirelessly do many of the tasks that would otherwise be done by a small plug-in hand mixer. I have and use all three types of mixers, but this little battery mixer gets used more than any of them.
on January 29, 2012
I ordered this product because of the time saving method of use. I had a different battery operated mixer and loved it. I looked a long time for another and they are hard to find until I saw this one. I love it. It does everything that I expected it to do and more.
on October 18, 2012
I found most of the negative reviews here to be based on unrealistic expectations or just plain petty complaints. No, it's not as well designed as the no longer available Black and Decker mixer was. No, you can't wall mount it and it doesn't have the handy storage feature. Some joker who still has a no longer available B&D mixer for sale is asking triple digit figures for a mixer that originally sold for about $25. I'm rating this unit four stars on the simple fact that it PERFORMS as well as the B&D product which I also owned. You cannot use it while the battery is charging but neither could I use the B&D unit while charging.

The accessories are well made and functional, and the unit does what it was designed to do very well. Yes it is made in China like everthing else including the American flags you buy at the local stores. What else is new? C'mon people, this is a $25 item. It will stir your beverages very nicely, and hopefully, last a good couple of years in the process.

Update: Just as with the comparable B&D unit the price has skyrocketed from about $25 to triple digits. What gives with these cordless mixers?
33 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2012
This is a great little mixer. I am single and it won`t get a whole lot of usage But it works really well for what I use it for. Don`t expect to use it for things you woukd need an electric mixer for. Like Thanksgiving or christmas dinner ;-) It does have good power for a cordless.
on May 17, 2012
I really wish I could give this product high marks because it is very convenient for quick mixing, beating eggs, etc. Unfortunately it's just another "Made in China" POS. About the third time I used it I heard something rattling around inside. The plastic was starting to break up. The plastic used is really brittle, not the type I've seen in other, higher quality products. There is some good news: Although the Users Manual says the batteries are nickel-cadmium (NiCd), the actual batteries inside are nickel-metal hydride (NiMH), a better type of battery. NiCds should be thoroughly discharged before recharging or they will degrade. NiMHs don't have that problem; they can be recharged any time. Those who own this product should handle it carefully, as though the case were made of egg shells. Don't be surprised, however, if something breaks. As for me, I'll start searching for a better mixer.
on October 9, 2013
Wife is so grateful for this mixer as it allows her to make daily scrambled eggs and cocoa. Her arthritis has made her unable to do many simple daily tasks such as beating eggs or mixing cocoa so Oster mixer allows these simple tasks.
Good to great battery life and speeds are ideal for uses she has.
Well worth the money for the tasks noted.
Only two items that would make unit better .
1. Her only complaint is there is no button to ease beater insertion or removal as it is VERY difficult. So she has to leave beater in when washing it or have me remove and replace beater. BUT it doesn't fall out during use...
2. Charger connection should be at right angles to handle to allow charging with unit sitting vertical as shown in photo.
on March 28, 2013
philosophically speaking if you are not moving forward you are not progressing so when things spin counterclockwise it annoys me. with that said:
it does stand only with something in the socket, so what, lay it down. don't worry about charging and discharging batteries just do it right. when you get it (if) turn it on and let it die. charge it the 15 hours or so like it says, then turn it on and stick it where you dont have to hear it and let it die again. charge it for the 12 hours after that and it will last. I have not charged it since MY initial 2nd charge back in the beginning of february and can grab it at any given time to MIX anything andthatsaboutit. < meant to be one word. the attachments are nice, and when it is fully charged it will pretty MUCH kill an egg. I had to stab one yoke, of 6, because it just wouldn't break. a smaller bowl or cup does make a difference for sure. again, its a mixer not a blender. worth the $17 or so I would say.
on March 24, 2016
I am so glad that I took the risk and purchased this single wand handheld mixer! I used it a few times so far, and made: cupcakes, cookies, and frosting. So far, it does a great job! When the batter gets thicker, I switch from low speed to medium speed. It's so awesome, and I can't believe the one I got works well! Let's hope it keeps working well for more than 2 years.
What I love most about this product is that it comes with 4 different types of wands, and a storage box!
The mixer itself is lightweight and very user-friendly!
Immediately after I received it, I charged it for a few hours. And it was good to go after that.
The only thing I would add to this mixer is to add a release button for the wand. It's not hard to take out, but would definitely would be nice to just press a button and have it pop out instead of manually pulling it out.
on May 28, 2013
I bought this since I needed a small hand mixer that I didn't need to hold a button down like most stick blenders. I have serious joint issues and sometimes have trouble holding things. This has been great in the fact that it's really light weight and easily transfers between mixer and blender stick. The only issue I've had is that the battery doesn't last as long as I'd like and it won't run with the charger plugged in. That's why I give it four stars instead of five. I don't know if the battery life is just in mine and it's too late to send it back. It's ok, but but needs to be recharged at least once every three weeks if it sits in the drawer. Failing that, it's been a really handy mixer/blender and I love the light weight. All three of the attachments it comes with are nice and functional as well. I can make mashed potatoes again and with a flip of the head and change of attachment, I can make a milk shake as well. I love it. It's worth the small battery issue.
on September 13, 2015
I like this type of product, and I had a Black and Decker Handy Mixer for years but it wore out. I tried to buy a Handy Mixer (now called the Gizmo) and they were either reasonably priced with reasonable postage and unavailable (Walmart and others) outrageously priced with free or reasonable postage (Amazon and others) or reasonably priced with outrageous postage (Sears). Either way, they were tremendously overpriced when available. Therefore, I bought this Oster one instead. I like it, it is very much like the B&D one I had for years and works as well. It is cheaper feeling than the old one, but everything is these days. I don't like that it doesn't have a nice case that you can hang on the wall to hold the mixer and attachments and hide the power cord to charge it, like the B&D one does, but that is not a deal breaker. It works well and is definitely a decent replacement for my beloved B&D twist Handy Mixer. Strangely enough, it was called the 3 in 1 mixer, but it came with 4 attachments, a beater, a drink mixer, and two different whisks, so yeah, more than stated! Oster FPSTHB6600-GRY 3-in-1 Twisting Handheld Mixer, Grey