Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on January 5, 2012
Like the watch due to the fact it has nice big Arabic numbers. I have half a dozen Invictas so I guess I'm a fan. Black case is sweet and the crown on the left means no more digging into my left wrist! Most of my other Invictas don't have a second hand that runs without pushing a chrono button. This one ticks off the seconds around the face like a regular watch - retro & cool. I would have preferred a white face with the black case, but that option is not available - but then you have to deal with white hands against a white face, and probably black numerals that would be hard to illuminate. I would have liked to seen orange tipped hands as well. (or some contrasting color scheme)

Don't know why they covered a nice leather band with cloth material that make the band look like a child's watch. Someone called it "technofiber".
The crown does not screw down as other diver watches. This worries me so I won't be swimming or showering with it. Maybe some new technology?

Pros:

Easy to read face
Black case and black buckle
Water resistance
Large size
Good looking - gets compliments
Chronograph functions
Crown and pushers on the left
EZ set date
Good luminosity on the dial and hands
Paid less than one Benjamin when it was on sale with no tax or shipping

Cons:

Cloth on top of real leather?
Date window is too tiny for this big of a watch face - could use a magnify window
Crown is NOT screw down, so I won't be diving with this
Try to find a replacement leather strap with a black buckle!
33 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2013
I'm not a watch aficionado, but this is the nicest watch I have ever had. I like the slightly over-sized design of the watch as well as the design of the watch face. The only slight negative I have is with the watch band. Perhaps it is because I have not worn a watch for several years, and just need time to adjust to the feel or the band needs time to break-in, but the band is a bit uncomfortable. It has gotten more comfortable after wearing it for two weeks, so maybe that is the case.

On a separate note, my experience with Amazon, not the watch, was rather peculiar based on my long history of shopping on Amazon. I have had a great experience with Amazon except for when it came to ordering this watch. My overall product score is not influenced at all by what follows. I'm rating the product not packing quality which has it's own review section.

I had to place two orders for this watch. On the first order, I purchased this watch in NEW condition, but the watch that I received was in obvious USED condition. There was no protective film on the glass of the watch, there was no tag on the watch, there was lint in the crevasses of the watch, and the pins that connect the band to the watch itself, made this weird clicking sound anytime pressure was applied that made it seem as if it was slightly damaged. I was also a bit annoyed when I called Amazon customer support, that I would have to return this order and place a brand new order for it, rather than just doing an exchange.

On the second order, the watch was in NEW condition, but it was by far the poorest packing quality for any item I have ever received directly from Amazon. The box was roughly 2.5 times too big for the watch box and there was absolutely no packing material/protection in the shipping box. The watch box was just loosely floating around in the shipping box. Fortunately, the watch was undamaged. F- for packing quality. Absolutely no care was taken by who ever packed this.

This was an extremely atypical experience.
on October 27, 2014
I've had this for 2 years now and it has put up with a beating.

I have small wrists and the watch looks good and fits great. There is plenty of room for large wrists as well and it fits my larger framed friends just as well.

The watch band is awesome. The leather inside with canvas out looks great and is super comfortable. It did start to show wear after about a year and I had to replace it after a year and a half but now it's customized and even cooler.

Chrono and date still work flawlessly.
review image
on October 1, 2015
Thanks again, Amazon reviewers! I'm a bit late to add a review, after all the other great reviews already on here, but I definitely wanted to add to the Five Star opinions of this watch. I really appreciate those who took photos of the various options within this model line, since I was comparing this model to the other model numbers in this series. It can be had in gold, silver, and even with a blue dial, but this is the one that really stood out from the others in capturing the look I wanted.

I was looking for a military/aviation style, something that has a "field watch" kind of look to it, along the lines of a Bell & Ross -- but without spending two grand, and without the kind of overly done commitment to the look that Bell & Ross has. Don't get me wrong, as a less costly kind of Panerai, Bell & Ross does great and very amazing things, if someone wants to spend that much, but, just for me, some models are bit too austere in the design.

I do like the Wengers I have gotten, which are similar in style, and of course Wenger has the better reputation, at least for Invicta haters, but then again people are just fools to buy for reputation, instead of quality and value. Oddly, the "hundred dollar" Wengers I have bought feel like "cheap" watches, even though they are of "true" Swiss heritage, whereas my Invictas always exceed their price tag, by light years, in terms of what you get, for what you pay. So, once more Invicta haters are out to lunch and never let those foolishly prejudicial opinions sway your mind, if you're looking to get a phenomenal watch for a very modest price.

Soft, ready-to-wear leather strap, 100m water resistance (same as a three thousand dollar Bell & Ross offers), chronograph, date window, accurate time keeping, a superior look and style to watches twenty times this price tag -- what's not to love??

Regarding the cloth covered leather, it's a different kind of look, yes, but has the durability of leather with the "field" look of a canvas-looking cloth covering, and, in my opinion, this black version of the model series compliments the cloth strap, the most. Of course you can always change straps anyway, but, to me, the textured cloth only adds to the military/aviation kind of style here and the stenciled numbers on the face really seals the deal, complimented by the prominently red second-hand, and, putting it all together, the look is truly astonishing and completely satisfying. It just looks phenomenal on the wrist.

Ordinarily I don't buy "lower" priced Invictas, since I usually just really prefer the look of the Reserve collection pieces, and prefer some of the features on Reserve pieces (sometimes not found around the one hundred dollar or less mark). But, I've been looking at these "I Force" editions for a while, and for under a hundred dollars, it was worth it just to see what Invicta provides, for the paltry sum being asked.

Needless to say, they provide a LOT. In keeping with their pledge to bring the look and features of "high end" watches to the marketplace that "anyone" can afford, they certainly have succeeded here! I don't even see a five grand Panerai or three grand Bell & Ross that even has this styling. They are actually rather boring, by comparison, so I think Invicta has done really well here, in nailing that military/aviation type of look as good as, or frankly better than, anyone else out there.

It's my first "lefty" watch, but, as others have noted, you don't have to wear it as such -- it actually is really great, on the left hand, to have all of the watch controls on the other side of the dial, since you don't ever hit them when bending your wrist. So, go ahead and wear it as you like it, since there is no "rule" of style in this case, and it actually is a nice convenience, to have this "lefty" style.

Chronograph feature is very cool -- look up vids to see how it works -- since the counter spins for a full minute in initial time-keeping. I always like those added animations that watches have, and I'm glad to see Invicta provided it. I really love the red second hand. Often, watches might have a cool looking large single hand, but very often it's the chronograph sweep, so you rarely see it in motion. Here, the dominant red hand is the second hand, so you get to see it working all the time, and against the white face features and black dial, it's impressive.

Size is also impressive, but it's a light watch, and wears very, very easy, especially with the soft strap, the back of which is not cloth-covered, so it's leather that's against the skin. Fitment was perfect, with the strap neither too long nor too short.

It is a "lower end" Invicta, so no screw down crown, or screw-sealed function buttons, but Invicta has never failed me with water resistance, so I have no worries. It's mineral crystal, instead of their synthetic sapphire "flame-fusion" crystal found on models a bit more expensive, but it looks great, and I have no plans to climb Everest wearing it, so I think it will not be an issue, in terms of durability.

Overall, I am more than pleased, and got far, far more than I expected. I bought another lower priced Invicta once, many years ago, just as a "tool" kind of watch, and I still wear it for rough and tumble tasks, and it still performs great. It never has disappointed me, and looked far more pricey than I paid, although it is more of a simple look than, for example, Reserve models I own. I'd say this model that I just received is substantially more surprising in how incredible it looks, feels, and thus far performs -- it really just presents itself as a much more substantially priced piece, not just as an Invicta, but even stacked against watches with much, MUCH heftier price tags.

So, another absolute winner for Invicta, and at a price point that is frankly astonishing, for the features and styling provided. I don't see anything else in the marketplace that can compare -- not just at this price, but even at much higher prices.

And, for anyone worried about quality control issues, which can be a case with ANY watch, at ANY price, such is the joy of shopping on Amazon. If for any reason the watch arrives and is not working, or has issues under its warranty, simply get it replaced or repaired.

I haven't had to do so, with any Invicta I've owned, with the exception of one watch I dropped off a cliff while hiking, which was my fault, obviously, and, in that case, one of the indicating markers came loose -- Invicta fixed it back to be as good as new, in less than two weeks. So, while I know a lot of complaints are made about servicing Invicta watches, keep in mind that, as countless satisfied customers can attest to, most of us have never even had to use customer service. I have over nearly forty of these now, bought over many years, and that's not luck, that none of them have ever needed servicing, nor is it a fluke -- it's a testament to the quality of Invicta.

Not to take away from those who have had an axe to grind, of course, as everyone has their own experience, but I'm just saying that, as evidenced even here on Amazon, the good reviews far outweigh the not so good, so, before passing on the brand, I'd encourage you to at least give it a try. To date, they are the best watches at the best prices, bar none, in my experience, and I believe this more than ever, having paid so little for this time piece and being absolutely and markedly impressed by it.

In summary, for this watch:

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!
on April 8, 2015
Overall, the watch was fine....workmanship, quality, etc. The reason I returned this watch was a question of functionality; it has a tachymeter scale that is worthless, since the second hand on the timer does not move when the stopwatch function is initiated, i.e., it does not follow the tach scale, which does not allow any accurate measure of speed over a known distance. I suppose this is ok if the buyer is just after flash, but it is not a working watch when viewed as a tool.
on February 9, 2016
This is one of my favorite watches! It was difficult for me to find in this color in stores and once I saw it here, I had to have it. We changed the band to give it a more appealing style. I wear this watch to work at the fire dept and when on the helicopter. The numbers are bright and its easy to see.
on December 31, 2012
This watch would receive 5 stars from me except for two minor issues. The watch itself is perfect. Excellent finish, keeps excellent time so far, and all functions work with exact precision.

The only issue that may become a problem is that the mineral crystal is flush with the bezel case and is not protected at all frol scratching. I haven't scratched it yet, but I noticed this right away and am extremely careful not to bump it on anything, or let it rotate to the inside of my wrist to avoid scratching it on desks, tables, etc. It maybe just me being too OCD with it... but I hate scratches.

The second issue is the strap that comes with it. It's complete junk. It's leather on the inside covered with some kind of canvas on the outside. After only two times wearing it with the OEM strap, it's already starting to fray near the buckle. Luckily this is not an issue for me personally because I planned on replacing it immediately with a custom-made leather watch strap from Southern Cross Leatherworks eliminating the strap quality issue.

Overall, I am completely satisfied with this watch. It's big, bold, and precise. For $100, it was a great buy. Coupled with the custom brown leather strap with matching black PVD deployment and hardware, it looks like I paid 10X more for it and get constant compliments. I'll update my review if anything changes with my opinion as I wear it over time.
on August 20, 2015
I don't like the cloth wrist strap. I had a terrible heat rash from it. The watch keeps good time, but I also do not
like the crown pointing up my arm. I bought another Invicta with a rubber strap, one I had before. Both bought
at Amazon.com..
on June 11, 2015
I was worried that it would lol weird since I'm right handed, but honestly I don't think it would be comfortable if the crown was on the right side. This is a big watch. The band seems to hold up better than I though too. I'll wear this daily and save the pro diver for more formal occasions.
on July 11, 2015
I originally bought one of these at kohls for 125.00, i was so impressed with the look. I eventually returned it because i payed a little more for a bulova watch. Im glad i found this same watch for cheaper on amazon. Although its a little different then the one i bought it has a great casual look. I use this watch on the weekdays after work or at work. You cant beat the price.