Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Color: Black|Size: 28-Quart|Change

on September 6, 2012
Have had this container for about 2 weeks & am very happy with it keeping the food fresh. Do as the others have suggested & keep the pet food in the original bag - that way the interior stays clean & no accumulation of oils in container.

I did feel the container was a bit pricey so I just ordered one when I really need 2 more. I remembered seeing pet food containers at the Wal Martians & thinking they were about sixteen dollars. Went back there & looked at their pet containers, they had a different brand, one with a blue lid & compared to IRIS brand, theirs had a flimsy lid & several reviews said the lid was not air tight. That was enough for me to come back to Amazon & put in an order for another IRIS container. I intend to purchase another one in the coming weeks.

Upon arrival of my IRIS, I was totally disappointed because I did not think an 18 pound bag of food would fit in there. Well, it was a tight squeeze since I just left the food in the bag & stuffed it in there. But the lid snapped easily & it has been on the back porch where ants are abundant, but so far no ants or other critters have been seen in the container.

Another thing, they are compact & don't take up much room - taller & slim, rather than being wide & short.

Update on the Iris containers - It has been a couple of months & I now have 3 of these containers, one for cat food, one for dog food & one for bird seed. The containers are still air tight & no bugs or staleness of stored product has occured. I believe they come in different sizes for larger bags for whatever you are wanting to store.

Don't settle for second best at the Wal Martians, you will be disappointed.
on July 24, 2012
Ordered this container to store 18 pound bags of dog food. They fit perfect!! If i would pour the dog food out of the bag and store it directly in the container i could get much more to fit in it. I prefer to keep the food in the original bag so when it's empty all i have to do is take the empty bag out and replace it with another bag and not have to worry about washing the container between bags as the oils from the food can become rancid over time. I have several older models of the same container and they have lasted for years--store cat food, dog food and cat litter in them. They are great!! No problems with any bugs invading the food and i know it is always safe and fresh.
on July 13, 2012
We have been searching for an airtight container to store our dog's food. Most products are stainless steel and cost over 300 bucks each. I had my doubts about the quality of the Iris plastic containers but trusted the many 5 star ratings from other customers. I am glad I did! We buy high quality dog food that is vacuum sealed in the bag and prior to this purchase all that freshness would be gone in a day or two due to not storing the food correctly. We bought 4 containers. They sit neatly side by side. They each hold the 44 lb bags of food no problem with plenty of room to spare. My only concern would be the plastic hinge, I am worried about it's durability. In our case, it is a non-issue as we put the bins close to the wall, so when opened, the lid leans on the wall and never has any pressure in the open position on the hinge. The wheels are a plus and are sturdy enough to roll 44 lbs of dog food around a smooth concrete floor no problem. All in all ~ Great product!
on October 2, 2013
Not much to say, they are airtight, but do not seal really tight. I would agree airtight, but not water sealed... nobody said they were, just for reviewers sake though, they wont stop liquid from sloshing out. I filled these with bags of rice for storage, and they easily handled the load, even with the casters. I wouldn't roll them over much, and the floor is smooth, so they roll nicely. The casters probably would not hold up to abuse.

Top quality container though, very durable, and feels plenty tough. Not flimsy in any way.
on September 4, 2012
This container is nice and is versatile but the seal is made of a foam material not a rubber gasket as I had anticipated when purchasing it. This combined with the way the lid snaps doesn't give me as much confidence as I would like that I am getting a true air tight seal with the container.
on December 20, 2015
Good product, but arrived damaged. I am satisfied with this product, and did not find a need to return it. I have attached pictures of the damage; it is minimal, and the product is still usable. But, other reviews mention the same type of damage on arrival, so I felt a need to deduct a star.

PROS:
-Well thought out design. The rubber seal in the lid fits nicely, creating a good seal. I have had no issues with bugs in the food, and it stays fresh.
-The casters are of good quality. I can roll the container over to my dogs food dish with ease.
-Price for this 55qt container is very reasonable. The 55qt fits my 40lb bag with room to spare.

CONS:
-Only one negative note in my opinion. The plastic used for the lid is a bit brittle. It cracked in the corner during shipping. The container itself is more durable. I should also note that the corner that cracked off has not been a problem. Honestly, I could have returned for an exchange and the next one may have arrived in perfect condition.

Although I deducted a star I still recommend this product. The price is very reasonable, and the quality is good.
on June 18, 2013
I bought this item specifically because it said it was airtight. I live in the Caribbean and anything not airtight is found by the ants... and then they invite everyone else to the party. The ants found this in less than 12 hours and proceeded to eat away the small silicone seal on the inside of the lid. Its a sturdy container; perfect size for what I wanted it for, but not very useful since the most important aspect was for it to be airtight. Disappointed.
on July 22, 2015
Barely fit a 28.6 lb Orijen dog food bag. More importantly, its not air tight. The seals on the cover are cheap and does not sit well around the container top when closed. I had to apply additional silicon paste over the seal to get it airtight.

So much for premium...
on June 17, 2015
Bought 2 of the 8 quart size and neither of the lids would snap or close into place!! We tried numerous ways and times, and 1 end would always pop back up! Amazon had to refund my monies for both items. Can't even donate as there is no real use for just the bottoms!
Reviews that are good must be for the larger on wheels size. BUYER BEWARE THE 8 QUART SIZE HAVE DEFECTIVE LIDS!
on August 13, 2015
I bought the 55 quart size to fit the almost 30lb bag of food we use. I will admit it was a tad smaller than I thought it would be, but that may be my fault for miscalculating.
I am very happy with the black color. It seems pretty sturdy and not cheaply made. The wheels went in with no problem and have stayed quite nicely.
I put the food inside with the bag, that way I don't have to clean it all the time. It does have a strong plastic/new smell but to me it's not a big deal at all. I had no problem moving this around with the food in it.