Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on January 9, 2012
I have been looking for a fun app for my 16 month old daugther and THIS...IS...IT!!! She LOVES that she can move the peices on the screen, what a great mommy and daugther game. She feels involved in what I am doing on my cool toy (kindle fire) and I enjoy watching her laugh and learn new shapes and colors. At the end of each puzzle there is applause which she finds hilarious. Great find!
on January 8, 2012
I downloaded this for those delays in doctors' offices, waiting in line, or being stuck in traffic, all those high stress areas where my youngest tends to get bored and needs something to do. On the plus side, the puzzles are really cute. You get 14 different puzzles and they're simple enough for a toddler to put together with bright and colorful pieces that made her want to play with it. The animals are all common enough that she knew what she was trying to build.

On the negative side, they are extremely easy and, as she learned with the octopus puzzle, all the child has to do is basically just move the piece around if they get stuck and it will eventually just jump in place. The other negative is it's just a puzzle. No sound effects, no talking, just putting together a puzzle. It would have been really cute to, at the completion of the puzzle, have the animal make a noise, or tell what it was. The other negative I had was the installation of an icon on the bottom right that keeps opening a webpage to get you to purchase more games. Even my app killer wouldn't get rid of that. I had to go into settings to finally get that off. The last con is that there's only the 14 puzzles. Since they're all fairly simple and quick, my 3 year old was finished with all 14 within 10 minutes.

All in all it is a cute app, but don't expect a lot from it. I'm not sure if it's worth the price, I downloaded when it was the FAOTD, and with the quickness and lack of features, I'm not sure I would pay for it.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon April 20, 2015
The title of the game encapsulates the very experience - MY FIRST PUZZLES is suited for ages 2 or 3. No older, and perhaps even younger if you can get the infant to focus on a tablet screen...

Drag and drop entire animal shapes into cutouts with little chimes and applause for audio feedback, so a bit more complex than banging square pegs into circular holes. This adds in the element of shape and animal recognition, giving the parent the opportunity to also participate with giving verbal names to each of the animal and other sundry vocal prompts. Frankly, knowing how much a parent can actually pay for a simple education toy for their 2 year old, I don't feel this is in the least overpriced, so no issue with there in my evaluation. We are talking an age range whose attention span is captivated by jangly keys and mirrors, so the simplicity is on par with the developmental stage.

As squeaky clean a young children's game can and SHOULD be - no permissions, no code, no self-adverts, no prompts, no dancing web-link boogers. Installed at 9MB with an option for even that portion to move into Storage. Back-key does remove from the active task list, but a very low-level process still remained.

As long as you keep in mind the title isn't kidding about being aimed as a child's FIRST PUZZLES, I believe this would be a worthy download, either as a Free App of the Day or as a Premium introduction to digital puzzles. Of course, there is the debate that physical, tactile interactions of real world objects being far more developmentally positive, yet I doubt many parents would want to try to store all those live animals in their living rooms...
on January 17, 2012
This was the first app that I let my 2 year old daughter play. She had a blast and really enjoyed the puzzles. The very simple interface allowed her to understand how to move pieces quickly.

There are two kinds of puzzles:
- Single animal puzzle where you need to figure out where each puzzle piece goes to complete the animal (head, arms, feet, body, etc). A little more difficult for a 2-year-old to understand but can be completed with help.
- Multiple animals puzzle where you need to find the placement for 4-5 animal puzzle pieces. This one was easier for my daughter to understand and she was able to complete these quickly.

No problems technically, worked fine on Kindle Fire.
on April 20, 2015
My First Puzzles is a simple jigsaw puzzle type of game; so simple in fact I doubt whether you could further reduce its simplicity.

It contains 14 puzzles of different animals, each large & colourful, and consist of only 6-7 pieces. There are animations when you place a piece in the right place, and when the puzzle has been completed. Once you've done a puzzle, you can see the animal in its full glory instead of just its frame in the selection menu.

This game requires no special permissions, free from ads or any forms of self-promotion (no 'Rate Me' either), and exits cleanly. Perfectly safe to leave it with the kids.

I think this game is for toddlers only, and that even children above 4-5 might find this too simple. Also, there simply isn't enough content, and replay value is low. If it's free I'd probably rate it a 5 but, since its regular price is $1.99, I can only give it a 4 based on the lack of value for money.
on January 5, 2016
To be fair, this was the free app of the day so we didn't pay anything for it. My son quickly got the hang of this and actually had a selection of puzzles. They aren't too sensitive like other children's puzzle games and I have noticed an increase in hand-eye coordination. If I had known about how much he would like it and everything else I mentioned then I would have paid 1.99
My First Puzzles is a nice starter game for young children to start to learn about puzzles and how to use a tablet. The puzzles are easy and colorful and contain a lot of cute creatures that they can learn the names of. Learning how to complete the puzzles will improve their hand and eye coordination using the Kindle Fire and is a good lesson on how a tablet works.

I liked that the 14 puzzles are animal based and really cute characters. Children can relate to the animals and have fun learning. This is targeted at ages 2 to 6 but to be honest the puzzles may be too easy for a 6 year old. I do wish they had added one level higher for slightly older children with increased challenges for their learning skills. It still rates a solid 4 stars for youngsters.
on April 20, 2015
The puzzles are cute and simple. Great for little ones who are just learning puzzles.
It's almost impossible to not build it. Once your finger is dragging the piece, it catches if you drag it over where it's suppose to be. It puts itself in place and you get the next piece.
There's no crazy links that kids can buy stuff from and has a clean exit.
on April 20, 2015
What's with the one star review because it's too easy!?! "My First Puzzles" Maybe their first puzzle was at age 12... Whatever.

Clean clean clean. No crazy permissions, internet access, or IAP. Thank you!

It is for kids. If you don't have kids, get the app, you might someday!
on January 5, 2012
I just downloaded this on my FIRE and tried out. Other than wishing it made noise of some sort it looks like my 2 1/2 year old will like it. I really like that she is not going to have to get the pieces in the perfect position to get then in the right spot. Looks like it'll be another good one to pull out when waiting in line or some other time and place were a quiet activity is needed. Thanks!