Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on September 26, 2011
Jewel Quest Solitaire for the kindle is very similar to the PC version of the game which I love. The game movement is very smooth and intuitive and there are 70 unique levels which makes it a great value. If you like solitaire games- this is one of the best on the market.
I'm playing this on a 2nd Generation Kindle and my first thought was that I'd prefer to see this on a somewhat larger screen with color.

This is basically a solitaire card game using jewels instead of suits with a lot of different layouts, and wild cards that can either increase your points or cause other things to happen. There are up to 10 profiles that can be played at once. I'm just playing one. You can't move on to the next layout or level until you've mastered the prior one. But once a layout has been mastered you can go back and play it again at anytime while under that profile. But since I'm on my first profile and not playing another, I'm more interested right now at getting through the different layouts and levels than I am about points, so that will definitely change for me once I've opened up a new profile.

I play a couple of versions of Jewel Quest on my PC, so when I saw this game for the Kindle at .99 I figured what could it hurt. Well my controller hand for one thing, since I have trouble putting it down. You use the 5-way control to select a card on the board to move. The product description says that the game is intuitive this way, but that's not always the case. I've often found that you can't get to a card taking what appears to be the most direct path which means more use of the 5-way to go to different cards to try to reach the one you want. I even had one case where I couldn't reach the card from a movement from any other card and had to abandon the layout and start over.

The game loads in horizontal mode, and once loaded you can't change the position of the screen, meaning I'm always stuck with the 5-way controller on one side, being used by one hand. It would be nice to be able to swap the view so the controller can be used by your other hand once in a while. Of course if you don't have addictive issues when playing a game, this won't be as much of an issue.

I'd love to see this game available for a colored touch screen, like the Kindle Fire, and a way to turn off the instructions when playing on a different profile.
on November 30, 2011
Hard to describe this game.
Solitary with Majong mixed in.
Has posssibly hundreds of different layouts.
Have played with it for many hours & have reached the 40th one.
Difficult to put down....
on March 12, 2012
I really enjoyed this game at first, but now I've been stuck at level 9-1 for a few weeks and just can't seem to get past it. I have even got down to 1 card left on the board several times, but I just can't seem to get past this point. Am I doing something wrong? I wish the 9-1 level included the same-suit wild card.
on October 19, 2011
Jewel Quest is a great solitaire game. The deck shuffles so you are able to replay any card layout to increase your score and the graphics are great. I did not purchase my Kindle for gaming purposes but it is nice to have dimensional games to play. I am currently on level nine with no problem. The only thing that could make this better is the bonus games that are available on the online (POGO) versions.
on March 3, 2014
I bought this for myself well I thought I bought this for myself.. My husband took it from me. Every morning I would get up he would be on my laptop playing this game. One day I came down and told him you have to move that game over to your desk top computer the next thing I knew he bought me a new laptop! So I am set up here and he on the other side of the room playing the game.. its been going on for over a year.. is it fun? you bet ya it is!!!
on October 28, 2014
Used this app on a trip to Germany, kept me entertained for the whole 4-week trip during down time. It's challenging, frustrating, but not impossible. I think it is the best of the solitaire mahjong games available for Kindle. I used it on the Paperwhite (gen 2), never crashed, didn't eat up battery, and wasn't slow. Very pleased with this purchased
on July 20, 2014
Originally had this as a CD download and was broken hearted when lap top crashed and I lost it. PC download from Amazon gave me back a game I love at little cost and instant access. If you like solitaire or bejeweled this combines those elements in one game. Little narrative story is an added perk.
on May 5, 2013
Keeps the mind working to solve the puzzles without the sameness of a repetitive layout. The Kindle feature that allows it to open where you left off is wonderful for those times when taking a short break is all you have time for and don't want to spend half of it finding where you were. For those who no longer have the eye-hand coordination and speed to play video games, this will help.
on December 22, 2012
I like the game, but using the 5-way button becomes a little tedious, especially using only the left hand; I seem to keep wanting a button for each hand. Sometimes it's hard to 'select' the card you're trying for and it may take multiple tries to get to it with the proper combination of up/down, and across moves. I like the many different game boards available. This game offers the possiblity of whiling away many hours.

See 1 answered question