Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

on March 11, 2007
The Candy display looks very nice, good selection...it really does remind you of the best decade of all times....however all the chocolate candy was bad. Very old, white, hard as a rock and dried out...horrible condition. Didn't even have the courage to try the hard candy!!!!!!!!
1414 comments|178 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 6, 2009
Fun selection of goodies. However, the product cost is high and the shipping cost is even higher. I feel it is overpriced, especially considering the majority of items are still available individually at local stores.
on December 4, 2007
This and the other "decade" classic candy boxes are fun products and make great gifts.

Unfortunately the shipping charge, at approximately one-half the cost of the product itself, is outrageous.

I've ordered these in the past and was going to order another as a gift to a college student, but I simply no longer can justify the high shipping charge.

--Lan Sluder
77 comments|146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2010
Thank God, I had the package delivered directly to my home before handing it over as a gift. The package is a wonderful idea; However, I was slightly disappointed in the presentation and the lack of items used. This gift is a bit of fun not a ton of fun nor a pound of candy! I was underwhelmed with how little of product received for the cost paid. The excitment of opening the package was taken down a notch or two by the tacky paper used and the poor presentation of the items within. The chocolate seemed old and a lot of the candies were unidentifiable due to perhaps it being from the East Coast rather the West. I strongly suggest having the gift box delivered to you before giving. This will enable you to locate and fill the box completely with more nostalgia goodies unlike what the company claims to be included. It was a blast reminising on the past! Now, my only hope is that this gift box brings the receiver the same joy I got after the box was completed with more candy and festive decorations purchased from Target and the Dollar Store around town. Overall, this is a fun gift that lacks charm due to it's presentation and lack of candy! Eat responsibly!
on January 25, 2011
I got this box for my wife's 41st birthday. The top of the box is stamped "Do not open unless you were a child of the '70s." This was a nice preview of what was inside.

She was thrilled with the gift, and we spent an enjoyable half hour or so going through the contents and sharing stories with our kids about all the different kinds of candy inside.

She was so happy that she insisted that we bring the box to her birthday dinner with 3 other couples so she could show them what she got. All of the candy inside is fresh, and there is a LOT of it. My favorite is the candy cigarettes, but there is so much that we are constantly discovering new items.

In short, this is highly recommended as a gift for anyone.
on April 12, 2013
a Lot of the candy was hard and old. Wouldn't purchase again. Lot's of sugary gum and not much of anything else. Wouldn't pay the price again
on January 14, 2013
Very hard. Of all the people who tried candy from this box, we all agreed that it could have broke our teeth out of our mouths. Hard as bricks.
on July 20, 2014
I was informed by the recipient (my boss, I mean wife) that being born in 1970 did not make her a '70's kid, she claims to be an '80's kid. I figured it's my wife, it's a woman and it involves age so I'd just shut up and say sorry as I'll never understand that particular brand of math. Beyond that, it was a great box of memories. Candies I had not seen for years! All of them were in grate shape when they got here so no melt / age problems and it was enjoyed by all involved. I recommend this product.
on December 26, 2012
I got this as a gift for my Mom on Christmas, and she really enjoys it! Since she was a teenager back in the 70’s, I figured that this would bring back some memories of those years, and she was really excited to see some of the hard to find candies that aren’t in stores any more. The 3lbs of candy that you get when you order come in a nice box with “70’s Candy” on the front so there is no confusion, plus it looks kind of nice too. I didn’t see any repeats of candy in there, so you have one of everything.
VINE VOICEon August 28, 2008
There were three items I liked, many I didn't like and over half that I can't remember. I'm thinking that most of this stuff got discontinued for a reason. The thought was nice, and it's the thought that counts. But yeah, save your money and get something that's not lame