Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

Style: Removable trays|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$166.95

on October 2, 2012
I've owned one of these for about 7 years now; it's been a fairly decent griddle.

Pros:
1. Better-than-average, even heating.
2. Folds for storage - takes about the same space as a large waffle iron on end.
3. Two thermostats - so you can cook pancakes (high heat) on one side and eggs (low heat) on the other; or if you're making a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches you can heat just half.
4. Easy to clean - pop off the plates and they go in the dishwasher.

Cons:
1. It keeps falling apart - there are several screws that hold the two halves together; they stay snug for maybe 2 uses and then need to be re-tightened.
2. Plastic rim around the griddle plates has become brittle and is breaking.
3. If you loose or forget to use the grease cup that locks it open then it tends to fold unexpectedly when using.
4. Small hole for grease, complicated grease run-off system - tends to clog up.
5. The wide-open seam in the middle limits your cooking choices; it'll clog up and make a real mess if your pancake batter or egg runs into it.

Overall worth the price - especially when I see the exorbitant prices on plain-jane griddles these days. The folding mechanism causes some quirks, but if you can live with them the even heat, easy clean-up and minimal storage will win you over.
on August 7, 2013
This is our second folding griddle. We had the identical one for 4 or 5 years: We used it to death! Actually, the plastic inside the knob housing crumbled and I can no longer adjust the temp. We love using this griddle at home, but we also take it with us to the cabin every summer! It comes in so handy! I love that the plates remove and can be washed in the dishwasher! It cooks very evenly as well. I can make 8 grilled cheese sandwiches at once and they are evenly browned. The plates are totally level, so pancake batter doesn't run! It stores with the plates installed so they don't get scratched, and it takes up less room in the cupboard than comparable "non-folding" griddles!

If 1/2 stars were available, I would knock this down to 4 1/2 stars for this reason: When you cook bacon or sausage, the grease somehow gets into the housing of the griddle, and then slowly leaks out while the unit is stored in the cupboard. Because I love the way this griddle cooks and folds to store, I put up with this quirk. I think because the grease is thick, that it "clings" to the underside of the plates at the drain holes, (instead of dripping straight down) and somehow gets inside that way. Granted, it's not a lot, but enough that I set the griddle on a couple of paper towels in the cupboard to catch the drips. I have since learned to strategically place tin foil under the plates where the grease collection troughs and drain holes are, which seems to prevent the problem.

A very sturdy and reliable appliance!
on November 24, 2012
I have very little space in my kitchen and get very spoiled during spring, summer and fall using my large outdoor George Foreman grill to make grilled veggies. You need a large surface if you want to have the veggies in a single layer and are making them for multiple people. I browsed some griddles on Amazon and was happy to see that there were models available that folded up. Lucky for me, I was able to get this exact model locally on sale.

When you take it out of the box, it's folded so I could see that it would fit nicely on my counter against the wall and leave me ample space for plates and whatnot when not in use. When the grill is opened it's bigger than I thought it would be but fits on the counter. I have an electric stove and burner covers right next to the counter so I can use that surface for plates and stuff.

As a test, I mixed up a small serving of fresh carrot chips, green beans, onion, a little bit of oil and some Mrs. Dash seasoning in a bag, shook it up and put one side of the grill. I only used one side for this test. I used a round cast iron bacon press on top of the veggies and they were sizzling pretty quickly. In about 12 minutes (I like them well done), I had a small plates of delicious veggies.

I cooked hot dogs for dinner on the grill today and used one side of the grill to heat the buns on low temperature. Again, I used the bacon press on the hot dogs and they came out crisp and dark on the outside but very juicy on the inside. Tomorrow is chop steak and grilled veggies.

Clean up was a breeze. After the veggies and the hot dogs, I turned off the grill and while still hot, took a wet paper towel and wiped down the surface. It cleaned up in snap. The plates are removable so unlike the Foreman grill, you pop off the plates, wash them and presto, you're done. I am loving this grill so far and if it continues to work as it does today, I'll be using it on a daily basis through the winter months.
on June 11, 2015
The folding ability means there is a seam in the middle of the griddle that your runny egg or pancake will fall thru, so you can't cook liquids in the middle. That wastes a lot of cooking space. The things that hold the grease trap already broke, so I have to put the grease catcher on the counter below the hole. Also can't store the trap anymore. (Never stored well anyway) It has the same problem as the Hampton Bay, and can't hold temp well. Not at all wort the extra $15 over the last one. Disappointed in Oster.
on October 22, 2012
Use this for our camping weekends. Small, practical, and very good for cooking breakfast meals, lunch sandwiches and burgers for supper. Easily cleaned, folds nicely to store in the camper. Highly recommend for anyone needing a griddle that stores in a small space.
on December 5, 2014
I'm not very happy with it.
Cons:
I'm not sure if this is user error or a defect but the temperature/cord attachment doesn't really stay in well.
Also the heating on the left versus the right isn't very consistent.
My last complaint is that the heat seems to cycle wrong. It burns toast or barely warms it depending if the skillet is at temperature.
Pros:
Folding size in nice for storage.
on April 21, 2014
Update: 5/7/2014

Sadly, I have lowered my rating to 1 star because this griddle didn't even last for 30 days. It will turn on and heat up but once you put food on it, the temperature drops down to about 240 degrees and won't rise even if you turn the temperature control to maximum.

Unfortunately for me, I threw out the box so sending it back isn't an option.

I'm leaving my original review of 4/12/2014 below for continuity:

Pros:
Price
Easy to clean
Easy to store

Cons:
Tilted surface
Rapid heat loss

Comments:
Since it has the price of a frying pan, I gave this griddle a try. A big disappointment is that scrambled eggs won't stay where you put them because it has a slightly angled surface (I actually checked whether my counter was level because it looks flat). Pouring scrambled eggs onto the surface sends them slowly into the grease channel. Of course, a small change in cooking technique solves that easily (or shims on the front legs).

This griddle is very lightweight aluminum and loses heat very quickly so you have to adjust the temperature to offset the heat loss. Again, a minor adjustment in cooking technique is a solution.

Surprisingly, the temperature is pretty consistent across the surface and it heats up very quickly so no time wasted there. It's big enough (barely) for breakfast for two and the seam in the center is well designed When you fold it, it is designed for easy carry (it's a handle) and there's a latch to keep it from flopping about. Very nice design.

On it's own merits at it's current price of barely over twenty dollars, I think it's a 4 star item. My only caveat is that the tilted surface makes scrambled eggs more work than they should be (minus 1 star).
on February 16, 2015
Been thinking about writing my first review for a while, but its time for a new griddle. If you use this griddle every other month and only cook pancakes, this is the griddle for you. Perfect the way the griddle plates come off and fit into a dishwasher. That is the only pro, oh and it worked hasn't quit working after two years.

Cons:
The drip pan is tiny. If whatever you cook doesn't get clogged up in the tiny drain holes, it will fill the drip pan in a flash. The drip pan is also the thing that keeps this griddle "rigid" (from folding back up) when you are cooking. If you have to move it while it's hot, I promise disaster will strike.
Each side has a different temp: If you set the dials to the same temp, they won't be the same. You must "learn" where to set each temp controller.
The griddle cooks unevenly. Since the super thin griddle plate sits on top an electric element, it doesn't heat up evenly. The edges are actually the hottest part
on October 22, 2015
From the very first day, one side never gets as hot as the other, which makes cooking pancakes fun since half of them always takes longer then the other half. Lately (only a few months old) the temperature control element just randomly pops out while its cooking.. About the only good thing I can say about this thing is its easy to clean and takes up less space then a traditional one.
on May 4, 2014
The main problem with this Oster griddle is that only half of the griddle warmed up when I plugged it in and turned it on. So I printed out a return sheet for Amazon and figured I would run the griddle through the dishwasher because I didn't want to return it dirty- I had poured pancake batter onto both sides before I realized one side wasn't working. The half that worked, worked well so I'm assuming I got unlucky with a defective one.

I put it in the dishwasher (as shown in the photos) and it is so tall the spinner arm in the washer hits it and is blocked.

So, you CAN'T actually wash this in the dishwasher unless you want to potentially damage your dishwasher. And I have a normal dishwasher-Kitchenaid.

So, while I really wanted to like this, I have to say between half of it not working and it not actually being able to be washed in the dishwasher, it's a total bust and I'll look elsewhere for a griddle.