Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on January 16, 2012
I have had various cases for my iPhones and when I found the IMPACT series for my 3GS - I was instantly in love. I just upgraded to the 4S and thus, bought this IMPACT 4S series case. It arrived in 2 days (today is even a holiday).The case comes in the original Otterbox, IMPACT Series box and includes a cleaning cloth and extremely thin front screen cover (which you can apply if you would like).

My comments:

-It is 100% Silicone - there is no plastic like the defender case.
The silicone feels smooth/velvet-y but creates a no-slip like grip. Sides are slightly texturized.

-It fits PERFECTLY on the 4S - there are no loose places.
On the back of the phone the camera and the flash have an adequate cutout. No issues there.
On this case - there is a cutout for the apple symbol.
On the top - the space for the phone jack is cut out with no cover (I hate having a "plug" to cover this!)
On the left side - there is an adequate cutout for the mute button - no issues with its accessibility.
The front has a cutout for the face time camera and speaker - sides and bottom are perfectly covered.
Bottom - there is a cutout for the bottom speaker and charger plug in

-Overall: Sleek, durable, and efficient. Looks professional. Excellent buy for under $10! Otterbox will continue to get my business.
0Comment|158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2011
This case is perfect. Just as described and it IS compatible with the 4 and 4S, Love the case so far well worth the price vs the otterbox websites price. Would suggest this case to ANYONE. Also I ordered with 5 day shipping and it got here 3 days early same as expedited shipping :P.
on April 28, 2012
For me this is the perfect case. I like the silicone grip and the thicker case to protect my iphone. I have a geeky holster and don't put in my pocket. I have put it in my pocket at times and do not see the lint issue. Under 10 bucks, great price. I do not have the loose fit problem, not to say this is not a problem. Maybe a bad batch out there. Not "loose" for me. I wanted an iskin, but took a chance on this to save some money and now extremely happy. I had a thin silicone skin that kept falling off. If you want robust, somewhat grippy silicone skin that provides protection for your iphone, this is the one to get. Can't go too wrong with the price. This stays securely on. All buttons work great with the well located knubs. Because it's slicone, it does not slide off things when you set it down.

So, if you like a hard case that slides easily in and out of your pocket, this may not be the case for you. If you are looking for a case that is very thin, look at other types. If you wear tight jeans, this may be a bit difficult getting in/out due to the smooth grippy-ness. Plus a bit thicker than the thin silicone skins. The reason there are so many different type of cases/skins out there, people prefer different funtionalities. Understand what you want before buying this and then complain about it.
on April 4, 2012
When I got my iPhone 4S, I bought the first-gen Impact Series case. It didn't fit very well on my phone, and whenever I used the FaceTime camera, the rubber that went around the earpiece would always block the top half of the camera. It also blocked the ambient light sensor, so the phone always thought I was in complete darkness.

I saw that they now fixed that problem with a very large opening around the earpiece, FaceTime camera, and the Ambient Light Sensor. They also shortened the case by maybe 1/8-1/4 of an inch, which curtailed the problem of the phone sliding around inside the case. I always loved how this case was grippy enough to not be easily dropped, yet not sticky enough to get stuck in your pocket -- especially while sitting down.

It offers great protection of the phone, and never gets in the way. I absolutely love how much easier it is to hold the phone in my big hands now, compared to using it without a case. I also feel like the rubber/silicone materials used to make the case offer much more protection from drops than a hard plastic case. I think when the phone is dropped, the silicone absorbs most of the shock from the impact.

The screen protector is great, like Otterbox always makes. It isn't annoying by making the screen blurry, and also doesn't feel weird on your fingers when scrolling. You can't even tell that it's there!

Overall, this is an EXCELLENT iPhone case, and I plan on using the Impact Series cases by Otterbox for as long as I have an iPhone. (Which I hope will be forever...)
on December 23, 2011
I purchased this item for my husband's iPhone 4s. It fits and looks great! Only problem- he took the case off about 2 or 3 times (it wouldn't fit in his charger with the case on). He owned the case for about 3 days before doing this caused it to actually break in several places. We are chalking it up as our fault and not returning the case, but just be warned that it's meant to stay on alll the time and not be removed for anything! We are very happy with the screen protector that came with it.
77 comments|39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2012
I needed a replacment for my slim Otterbox commuter (OtterBox Commuter Series Hybrid Case for iPhone 4 & 4S - Retail Packaging - Night Blue/Ocean) that broke (plastic near connector) for my 4S...I read the reviews and thought this all silicone slip on may be a good alternative especially at the +/-$9 price point.

Some reviews mention it fits tight (mine does not), that it's slick, and easily removed from a pocket.

My experience has been:

- It bulges at the sides of the screen...it does not fit tight (the case visibly moves around the phone when squeezed).

- It collects lint like a used cough drop in your pocket. The case malforms slightly when removing it from a pants pocket, and this adds to the looseness of the case.

- It smells like vinyl tile adhesive, which has lasted days out of the box. Much differently than the other 5 or so silicone otterbox items I own.

Others may have a different case from a different run perhaps...but since the dimensions of an iPhone 4 don't vary, the only variable here is the case...which may be manufactured with different tolerances from time to time.

On the good side, the protection for the phone from dropping seems to be ample...especially at the corners. Included screen protector is standard, no issues.

All in all, for me, it makes a good backup case, but I will probably go back to my commuter case.
on January 1, 2013
I wasnt sure if I would need this and I have dropped my phone so many times and not a scratch. I have since seen so many broken and shattered phones that really could have used this.

So, 4 months ago, my wife gave me a glass of water while sitting in my truck, I went to grab my and through a freak accident, it hit the arm rest, tumbled off my center console and fell into the wide mouth glass of water. No I dont want to go into all the things that had to go wrong in order for my Iphone to end up immersed in a glass of water, but it happened. I also din NOT opt for the insurance so I was sure I was out an Iphone. I pulled out the phone, grabbed a towel and my wife got the blow dryer. We took off this cover, dried what we could and left it in the sun over night. The next day it turned on with no problem.

I attribute this to this cover along with Halo Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for iPhone 4S
on January 17, 2012
it's just not working for me.

Pros: Easy to put on and take off. Not as bulky as the typical Otterbox. Seems very shock-absorbent and looks like it will offer good protection, even if the phone falls face down. Sticky enough that when you put it on a surface, it is very hard to slide around, yet it's not that difficult to get it in and out of pockets.

Cons: The sides are a little flappy, can easily be moved when handling the phone and dirt can get underneath the case. While this is an Otterbox "lite" it still is bulkier than I expected it to be. But the biggest drawback is the way it handles: as sticky as it is on a surface, when I hold it in my hand it slowly slides downward (kinda like lens creep, if you're a photographer), unless I clutch it. The material feels grippy, yet it's kinda slippery too. And because the sides are so thick/deep, the phone becomes very clumsy to handle. I take a lot of photos with this phone and it's important to me to be able to switch between photo apps quickly and this case makes it difficult - it gets in the way somehow.

Overall not a bad buy especially at this price, and I will keep it for when I really need the protection it offers, but not my case of choice for daily use.
on July 17, 2012
This product is exactly what I expected. Provides good protection w/ minimal bulk. No problems with lint(see other reviews) sticking to the material. Lowest price found was on Amazon.com. Only flaw: the sides are a little loose, they can pull back with minimal resistance.

Satisfied with the purchase, would recommend to a friend.
on January 4, 2013
This case isn't intended to replace a shock-resistant hard case. But it doesn't add all the bulk of that sort of case, either. As a professional scientist, I have used quite a few sensitive instruments in the lab and field, and learned quite a bit about protective cases ( yes, usually the hard way). I feel this case would protect my beloved iphone4 from everyday knocks, even a drop of a few feet. As long as the phone didn't land so as to impact the screen directly, I think it might even work from waist-height or higher. So you might see it as an inexpensive "just-in-case-" case. No downside to using it, but it might save the day.

A definite plus is that this case gives you a firm, non-slippery grip on the device. Nonetheless, it still slides easily into my pocket.

So far, no lint-attraction problems. If they develop, I'll wash the case (sans iPhone!) in warm water with a little Dawn or similar detergent. Don't rinse, just pat and air-dry. This should reduce static charge, which is what attracts lint. Alternatively, wipe the case with a dryer softening sheet; this also discharges static charges on polymers. It might leave a bit of a waxy feel, however.

See 1 answered question