Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on September 24, 2015
I take it back. This case does NOT hold up well at all! It isn't "nearly indestructible" as claimed by Otterbox. Sure it survived a drop to a carpeted floor, but it couldn't survive the stress of repeatedly removing the case from the holster. The crack that developed is obviously a stress crack, which appeared several months after the non-forceful toss to a carpeted floor. When I take the holster off, the crack widens. Maybe I can get someone to take a video of this, but for now, all I have is a picture.

When the screen is hidden, I put the holster on the same way so I can access the volume buttons, so it put one side of the plastic case under constant stress. Even so, it should have held up if Otterbox's claims were true. The stress crack developed before the one-year-warranty was up. When I tried to get Otterbox to stand behind their warranty, they couldn't offer an exact replacement. All my accessories match the original Otterbox because I stupidly believed their claim that the case was nearly indestructible. The cases they offered me were obviously the cases that were left after people had bought all the nice-looking cases. They gave me a choice of a 10% discount (seriously?) or these colors:

BLACK,

PINK/PLUM (DEEP PLUM)

Or you can choose from these Combinations:

LID/BASE PEONY PINK

SILICONE (BLACK)

SILICONE (DEEP TEAL)

SILICONE (GUNMETAL GRAY)

SILICONE (NIGHT BLUE)

I didn't want any of these. Notice that the only two base colors I could choose were black or pink. Black is hard to see at the bottom of a purse and I simply don't like pink. It isn't a true warranty if you can't offer the original colors, a halfway decent replacement or a refund larger than 10%. EPIC FAIL.

My opinion of Otterbox has plummeted and I will certainly be more careful when I deal with them in the future.

I really like the colors of the case I bought. All my accessories match, so despite of my new opinion of Otterbox, I bought another case at full price, which will probably develop stress cracks as well. :(

So I decided I would gouge Otterbox as much as possible for their false claims:

1) They claim their cases are almost indestructible. Bull. Mine developed a stress crack within a year of my purchase.

2) misleading claim of a 1-year warranty. YOU WON'T GET THE SAME CASE. YOU PROBABLY WON'T GET A CASE YOU REMOTELY LIKE. YOU WON'T GET A FULL REFUND OR EVEN A FAIR PARTIAL REFUND. YOU'LL ONLY GET 10%.

So, I paid about $3 shipping and got a solid black case. Guys might like it and maybe I can sell it on craigslist for half the asking price to defray the cost of a replacement.

Before the edit, I wrote this: "This is an awesome, stylish case. I was waiting at a doctor's appointment and a man inquired about it. I was so confident in this product, I put the holster over the face of the phone and tossed it onto the floor. It emerged unscathed. Of course. WARNING: I'm NOT endorsing this sort of treatment, but the case makes your phone very sturdy. I couldn't afford a new iPhone and yet I didn't feel I was taking a risk by tossing it onto the floor. Again: I'm not endorsing this, so if you try this experiment, don't blame me if something goes wrong. :)"
review image
on December 23, 2012
This case is quite durable, as is all otter box products. The problem lies in the backing of the product. This case had a camo backing(sticker). Within one week the sticker started peeling away, and as of now is half way gone. I am currently n the process of returning this to amazon.
review image
on February 2, 2015
I got one like this from Amazon previously. This one came from a different vendor and it was about $5 more expensive. This one seems as sturdy as the first one and I always like to keep a spare on hand. Good thing too. I had a black case from Amazon and got this blaze orange type. Easier to locate. The black case was pretty worn out so I dumped it. That left me with a spare holster. A few weeks ago, the original holster broke but I had the spare so I put that to use. That left me with no spare case, no spare holster. So, I reordered everything. All the reviews about fakes might be true but I won't know and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyhow. So, I'll give this a 5-star rating for now, and, as always, edit the review in the future if I have to. I've done that on several occasions, for the better or worse. But, I'll always leave the most honest reviews I can for fellow Amazon customers. We're the only ones who have to stick together to provide each other with support. Swivels to different angles. Don't drop the holster with the phone in it...that's how I broke my other holster. Case protects the phone fine but I have carpeting to cushion the drop.
on May 15, 2014
I love my otter box. I have purchased 4 of these so far... this would be #4. They protect the phones well and do their job. So now... let me share a story about the poor iPhone that was given to a teenage boy. First of all, this phone must live in your pocket at all times. When you sleep, its under your pillow, it is never far from your fingertips but if your parents call... don't worry it won't be answered. The phone must be able to survive all of that AND a backpack AND a few little brothers who think its fun to play keep away with your phone while you are in the shower. Oh wait... you can just take your phone with you in the shower until Mama finds out and she will be mad as phones don't go in showers.

Anywho... this poor iPhone looks brand new. Not a scratch on it. The case however had a very sad death after 9 months. Its rubber had been worn off or picked off or there was something about scissors or a pocket knife. I never could get a straight story on that one. The plastic covering the glass was scratched horribly. It has been in a pool and in a glass of soda and ummm... I am not sure I want to know where else. It has been dropped a million bajillion times and oh yes... did I mention the phone looks like new? The "plastic-y" part under the rubber held up perfectly well too.

Some Mama (who shall be protected and remain nameless) said the old case was too grubby and had to go... so I bought this one. So far so good and I think this one looks cooler/sweeter/hot/what's the latest slang word? than the last one. So if you are as destructive as a teenage boy and would still like to answer your phone when your girlfriend calls (remember... don't answer it if its a parent!)... then you should get one of these.

I gave it 4 stars as it is destructable.
on May 31, 2015
I loved Otterbox Defender cases for a long time and purchased this particular case twice. I've tossed/dropped my phone numerous times on concrete/asphalt. No damage to phone/case. I've even closed my phone in the trunk of my car (twice) and and my phone survived. I had to get a new case, but hey, the point is my phone survived. The case did it's job. Great protection. Then one day at the gym my phone fell out of a cup holder while I was on a weight machine. It fell about three feet and hit the carpeted (albeit with no padding- typical gym flooring) floor and my phone never worked again. The guy at the Apple store said if you drop the phone and it hits at just the right angle, nothing can protect the "motherboard" or whatever they call it. Well that bites. Soooo...the case saved my phone from catastrophic falls/crushes, but a simple drop? Nope.
on January 4, 2016
This is a great case and really doesn't add that much weight and size to your phone for such a heavy duty case. Now i can carry my phone with ease of mind that if i do drop it OtterBox has me covered. I've had an OtterBox case for the past 3 phones and have dropped the phones many times with the case on it. Knock on wood, never had any damage to the phone and very little damage to the case. This is a must have if you are prone to dropping your phone!
on December 28, 2013
Ordered this to replace a well-used Otterbox Defender case, after having had to replace the belt clip on the original case due to breakage (getting into my truck with the clip ill-positioned on my belt). The so-called "OEM" replacement clip didn't do the job, but I liked the original otterbox enough to order the case/holster combination anew. Really appreciate how much better the rubber on the new case fits the phone more tightly than the old case. The color pattern (realtree camo / blaze) is perfect for someone who spends a lot of time outdoors, and even garnered a compliment from my 13 y/o son - high praise indeed. The only negative I would point to is the portion of the case that covers the headphone jack - the hole in the cover is offset from the jack, so that you have to open it in order to use headphones while using the case. Other than the design quirk, a great case - my iPhone 4S has suffered a couple of falls from hip-height, and is still in mint conditions.
on August 31, 2015
Bought this for my husbands phone. Love the cradle, but it's hard to snap in and out. I figure it will loosen with time. Had my iPhone in the same case and slipped in a pool of mud (in the dark). The phone went in the mud and it was totally protected, especially at the bottom. That sold me.
on September 20, 2015
Unreal product!! I'd give it 27 stars if I could. It completely camouflaged my phone! No matter what the operating environment, you can't see the phone whilst it is enclosed in this camouflaged case! Truly exceptional. I'm wearing my phone on my hip at this very moment and no one can see it. Thank you Otterbox!
on August 10, 2015
Absolutely great price. I have had 2 other otterboxes for my iphone 4s and they all have been outstanding. They just wear out from dropping from tree stands, onto concrete, sitting on my phone and so on. The only thing I wish was better was the screen protector. It gets scratched very easily which makes it difficult to see the screen after time. Other than that, outstanding protection for your phone.