Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Format: MP3 MusicChange
Price:$1.29

on March 29, 2012
I have fallen in love with this song- before I ever realized it was a "twilight" song. The richness of her voice is stunning, and the chorus nearly brings me to tears every time- and I am NOT a crier! I don't think it's meant to be a spiritual song, but that's how it resonates with me.
0Comment27 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2012
I love this song so much! It's incredibly sweet, and the way Christina Perri sings it is utterly beautiful. And, personally, though I'm sure I'm in the minority, I think that Bella & Edward's dumb, gross romance doesn't fit this song at all. This is a song about a sweet, strong love, not that gross thing that TWILIGHT has going on. But I'm one of the few people--a teenage girl, no less--who feels this way... Oh well.

I'll stop my controversial comments about that movie, which many people practically worship, and go back to this amazing song!

The MP3 itself: the sound quality is good, though I don't claim to be an expert on that sort of thing, and it downloaded well.

This beautiful, sweet, tender love song is 100% worth the 99 cents I paid for it!!
22 comments59 of 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2011
I just discovered this song on the radio and I am getting married in 4 weeks to my high school sweetheart after 30 years!! This is our wedding song!!! Just love this song and it sums up very nicely our amazing love story!
I love this song, it gives me shivers every time i hear it. My bridal party and I will walk in to this song for my wedding in late June.

Every word in this song expresses the way i feel about the man I'm going to marry. Very glad this song came along when it did.
on March 25, 2012
It's been a great purchase, lots of enjoyment from my music downloads.. love them and player functions well. This is recommended..
on May 17, 2015
Of course I love it! It is romantic and sentimental and connects me to my husband who passed away in 2012. I miss him.
on January 24, 2012
This is an excellent tune. I have not and probably won't see the movie. Perhaps my loss. But I would not miss the song.
on February 6, 2013
Love this song. I listen to it on repeat all the time. Christina Perri is an incredible artist and performs this song wonderfully
on May 8, 2012
I first heard this song when my sister and I were driving home from work listening to one of our programmed radio stations.
It's one of those stations that play "a mix" of today's music... You know the kind; one's that turn out to play the same thing as the others, and "a mix" consists of only a handful of songs that they play on repeat, until even the songs that you liked becomes songs you're tired of hearing for the 3rd time in 2 hours.

After listening to our radio in autopilot for most of the ride home, hearing all the usual half-talents and remixes, Christina Perri's 'A Thousand Years' came on. I literally sat up and said "wait, turn it up.. What is this? This is actually GOOD".

Even though technicaly, yes, the song was used for a Twilight film, it doesn't change the fact that I really love the song. It'd be like hating an author because one of his best books was butchered and made into a really bad movie.

Christina Perri reminds me of Sara Bareilles in the fact that she actually has talent.
She has a way of transporting you through her music, or at the very least capable of getting an emotional rise out of you. Its easy listening music, that you can relax to, or set on repeat and let it fade into the background.
With a pleasant melody beautiful lyrics and a pretty voice, 'Thousand Years' is a song that in today's music stands out as something different. Something that can play over and over, without being boring, and something that was well worth paying .99 cents for!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2011
This is such a beautiful song and goes perfectly with Twilight: Breaking Dawn. This will definitely be popular with weddings.