Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 20, 2012
I have always been a fan of Women's Health magazine and thought that my kindle would be the perfect way to go green and get my first subscription to this magazine. I was sad to find out that I often see the newest issue on the store shelf at least 1-2 weeks before I ever get my issue on the kindle. Also, other fitness magazines, like SELF, are much more kindle friendly because they are interactive and the pages are adjusted to be easily read and scrolled through on the kindle. While I will most likely keep my current Women's Health subscription (I really do not want to use up more paper) I hope that in the future the issues are released when the store ones are and that the magazine will be made more tablet friendly.
on September 22, 2013
I subscribed to this in MY early 20's way back in the magazines infancy. Back when the cover photo's were black and white and most of the cover "models" were female athletes. It's changed since then, catering a little more to the "Cosmo" crowd. Which is fine, just not for me. It just doesn't feel like it applies as much to someone in their thirties married with kids as someone in their twenties who apparently has the money and lack of self-control to spend $90 on a designer t-shirt (really).

"Fitness" is a good one for my age/demographic I think. I recommend that one.
on June 14, 2012
The information is all good and helpful, but seems to be geared more toward women younger than their 30s. Some of the articles were of no use to me at twice that age.
on February 13, 2012
It's the middle of Feb and the electronic version still hasn't uploaded onto the Kindle when it's been on the newsstand for almost two weeks now.Not sure why they can't release both at the same time, i.e. Runner's World.
I thought I would review my experience with Womens Health and Mens Health magazines.
This is not a perfect magazine. For one, I was a charter subscriber when it first came out. I get the print and iPad / Kindle edition. That has been awhile. While I have gotten older the magazine has stayed stuck at the same age. While I am now in an older demographic that its numbers are huge, it is pretty much ignored now.
Surely I am not the only fifty year old in good shape, or who is interested in being and staying that way. Maybe a mens and women's health plus.
Anyway you get used to that sort of thing. One reviewer said all you need is one year of this magazine and it will cover everything. That could be true sort of, but I like it for the ideas, motivation, and it has some really cool food stuff, and recipes.
I get mens health, and I got womens health for my significant other. The stories and info do not overlap. Most times I find womens health a better magazine. Womens health also suffers from the agest problem. They think their readers don't get older. If they follow their magazines fitness programs they should get older.. right?
on February 18, 2016
Women's Health is a lot like some other woman's health magazines in terms of content [diet, exercise, athletic-inspired fashion], but what I like about it is the focus: Every issue includes a step-by-step exercise regimen developed by a lead trainer that comes with photos of the full movements. I find them so helpful I cut them out and take them to the gym. I also like how instead of just talking about good foods or a super food, they create meals based around each in-season food. These are just two examples, but the targeted focus helps me create actionable plans for my diet and exercise that some other women's health magazines do not.
on March 7, 2014
Figured I would try it. Other reviews said it takes forever to get the kindle version compared to the newsstand . Patience is worth it for the new lower price. Comes out to 50 cents an issue. I enjoy the magazine itself. Just like most people , I'd love to see less advertising and more educational articles.
on September 7, 2012
I'm already paying for the subscription. Why can't I download the magazine under "current subscriber?" Many magazines do this. What gives? One star until things change.
on February 13, 2012
The magazine is nicely transferred to the kindle however, I would like my current edition! It is the middle of February and I have seen the new issue on newstands for a while now and the kindle edition isn't available yet. Hoping I will receive it soon so I don't have to cancel my subscription!
on February 6, 2012
Not sure if it's my iPad or the mag but does Not seem to be interactive like other magazines. There are play buttons but nothing happens when I push them...