Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on December 21, 2011
I love the way this magazine is written, the set-up is so easy to follow. The articles speak to me not only in the kitchen but in my roles as wife, mom, grandma, and friend. I read it front to back and than over and over as it has so much to think about. Glad I can get it on my Kindle but I think I may have to buy a issue every once and awhile to get my paper fix.
on January 3, 2012
I am SO glad this is on kindle - I never want to throw away the physical copies, then I end up with a huge stack of back issues. Perfect solution for me, since I only ever refer back a month or 2.

This magazine fits my life so perfectly - food, travel ideas, entertaining ideas, cool new products - this is an awesome magazine.
on March 4, 2012
I had been considering canceling my Kindle Fire subscription, due to problems with delivering the current issue on time. The March issue was a week late; to Amazon's credit, they did refund the charge for that month.

But I was in Market Basket yesterday, and saw the April 2012 issue on their magazine rack. Guess where it isn't? If you guessed, "my Kindle", you win a cookie. I thought that the whole idea of an electronic subscription, heck, even a snail-mail subscriptions, is that you get the magazines sooner than they show up on the newsstand. BTW, this is the only magazine I have this problem with, the others I subscribe to always show up on time.

Now, let's get onto the actual content of this magazine. Do they even test these recipes, or is there just sloppy editing? I decided to try the crockpot white bean & ham soup recipe in the March issue. Let me tell you that if you made this recipe to the letter, you'd be nomming on beans and carrots that are barely cooked. Not tasty. First of all, they did NOT instruct the cook to soak the dried beans first. I chose to soak anyway. Also, they claimed that the soup would be done in five hours when cooked on LOW in a crockpot. I allowed some extra time, still not done. Recipes in Slow Cooker Revolution call for soaking beans and letting them cook on LOW for at least 9 hours.

I'm an experienced cook, and even I had trouble tweaking this to get it to work. This is a warning to novice cooks who are thinking about this magazine - DON'T. Not if this is indicative of their slow cooker and other recipes. If you want fast and easy recipes that work, try Everyday Food (1-year auto-renewal) instead.
11 comment46 of 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2013
This magazine is formatted differently than most that employ an app. Very hard to read unless you zoom in on parts of a page. I also can't access past issues. Very frustrating.
Nex me I might just warch for a good deal on the print edition.
I do okay with my other 4 magazines that have an app.....this one is just too small on the screen. Needs Emeril to kick it up a notch for Rachael!
on September 7, 2012
Not many recipes my family would eat, but I love the format and it is a pretty magazine to look at,with some good ideas.
on January 26, 2012
on time. I ordered a wireless subscription to this magazine and never received the second issue, so after a frustrating call to Amazon Kindle Customer Service, I cancelled the subscription. I was never given the reason for why the next issue wasn't delivered. I don't know if this is the publisher's fault or Amazon's. But when you order a wireless subscription with the promise of never missing another issue because of the MAIL, you would like to see that actually happen and not what has happened to me, not once but TWICE. Once with this magazine and once with another. I spent an hour and a half with an Amazon Kindle rep this afternoon on another undelivered subscription. Amazon, you really need to get your act together on handling these issues. As for the actual content of this magazine, it was pretty good. But the one recipe I did try, did not appear to have been "kitchen tested" as it flopped and I'm a pretty good cook. Also the magazine images are pretty small on the Kindle Fire, so I cancelled and opted for Martha Stewart's Every Day Food which has larger and more visible food photos as well as excellent content. Due to the problems I have experienced, I cannot give a very good rating.
11 comment11 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I had loved Rachael Ray's Everyday magazine ever since I opened up an issue and seen BLD- the Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner of people that she interviews. I also loved the section that shows what's in people's refrigerators. I am a Home Ec expert, so maybe that's why I enjoy things like these, but the magazine does have good food photos or innovative recipes.
Most of all, you get to know Rachael better through her monthly narratives. You learn that she's a big advocate of pet care and to feed the homeless. It's a glimpse inside her life, as her magazine is really personal.
on June 13, 2013
I was psyched to see the address on the back of my magazine where I would go to have it on my kindle. However I was highly annoyed to see that I would have to PAY for it. It should be free to those who get the physical copy by subscription every month. Very greedy of them to want people to pay twice!
0Comment7 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2013
Love, Love, Love this magazine!! It has so many helpful tips and recipes. I literally buy this magazine to enhance my cooking for my family. Every week I try the recipes from this magazine and its "running" joke with my family of "what's for dinner" lol!
on September 10, 2012
Always has great seasonal recipes, informative and fun magazine. Love all the extras: travel, clothes and gadgets. Check it out!