Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 24, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a super piece of equipment. I have it rigged up to control my Xoom and it works like a dream. Keyboard feels very good and is highly responsive. The same can be said for the trackball control surface pad. I was afraid it might be a bit too touchy for my large clumsy arthritic hands but this is just not the case. It is very snappy, easy to control and does exactly what I want it to do.

The trackpad supports multiple gestures for ultimate control. Everything from scrolling to right clicking is easily and quickly within your grasp, no mouse needed! Once you get used to it, you can speed right along. There are dedicated keys for Android devices and handy media transport buttons , with volume, mute right where you need them. And batteries ARE included!

I found the wireless set-up and performance to both be excellent. Absolutely no problems connecting to my device. My set-up experience was about as plug and play as you can get. Kudos for ease of use!

I foresee many happy years using this device. It's build quality seems on the high end side of things and I can find no reason to think it won't be durable and provide many years of service as I am very easy on my electronics and this is an adult household.

If I could find one thing so far that might bear improvement, it would be the actual keyboard action. I am one who prefers a more silent keyboard, rather than a 'clackity-clack' type and this one is more of the latter. A bit quieter and 'squishier' action would have been appreciated. I also wonder about the durability of the pull out trackpad as this is an obvious point of weakness and could be easily broken accidentally.

If you need a wireless keyboard with built in mouse control then this little Motorola unit may be just what you are looking for. I was using a Logitech but will retire that now in case I need a spare and stick with this Motorola. It suits me and works a treat! I like it. A LOT ! Recommended!
VINE VOICEon February 13, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I liked this bluetooth keyboard alot. If you are in the market for a bluetooth keyboard with a trackpad this is one to consider.
BUT make sure your phone has a bluetooth capable of using this! You can find out about your phone through a simple google search on its bluetooth capabilities. Such as entering on google something like : "does x's bluetooth support a hid profile?" where x is your smartphones/devices name.
I was able to get this to work with my android phone,80gb ps3(mouse works as well!), and ubuntu laptop.

Now onto the details:

PROs:
-Ergonomic + a sleek and beautiful design like most motorola products. It is fingerprint prone though..
-Has all the standard android buttons( home, back) on the keyboard and then some(music play/stop, ringtone increase/decrease)
-Lightweight
-Works on 2 AA batteries so no need to deal with chargers. Yay for less wires!
-Easy to connect and start using.

CONs:
-Not foldable, but still pretty portable!
-The trackpad could be sturdier. Its alittle flimsy and also doesnt come out / go in easily.
-Occasionally lost the bluetooth connection with my smartphone and a couple times with my ps3 in my couple weeks of use.. Thus i have to open and close the keyboard via the power switch on the back. This is what annoyed me the most. Not sure about other reviews but make sure to read them to see if others have had such problems.
-The arrow key design. The left and right arrow keys are huge but the up and down are tiny. Pretty annoying design in my opinion.

Overall, if you dont mind the price point and want a brand name keyboard i dont think you would be disappointed with this product. Leave comments if you have questions and i will try my best to answer!
on April 12, 2012
I bought this for use with my Razr Maxx(Android 2.3) for when I use the webtop app to browse the Web and it works perfectly. From getting the package in my hand to using it with the phone took about 5 minutes. Most of which was getting the mail package open, lol. My phone instantly recognized it and my phone told me what code to type on the keyboard to sync them. Very easy. It is 99% lag free. Pinch to zoom also works on the track pad but ONLY with browsers that enable it, like the standard Droid browser or dolphin. Does not pinch to zoom with Firefox. Keyboard is just about laptop size maybe a bit smaller. The track pad slides in and out to save space while not using and easy storage.

Key strokes are smooth. Not the quietist, but not loud by any means. Droid shortcut keys for ease of use. (menu, home, back, search).

Pros: Easy to set up
No connection issues
Track pad pinch to zoom
Android shortcut keys

Cons: Uses AA batteries
No key back light for night use

In the end, this is a really good keyboard for all your Bluetooth needs, especially for Android devices and I would highly recommend this well built piece of equipment.
on April 13, 2012
This keyboard connected to the Xoom without problem, however, it occasionally loses the connection and you must turn off the keyboard and turn it back on to get it to reconnect. It does this while typing so the reason is not due to inactivity. I bought 2 of these as my son has a Xoom also and it does this on both devices so the keyboard does not seem to be defective. There does not seem to be a way to modify the sensitivity of the trackpad and it tends to be ultra sensitive so you have to be really careful not to rest your finger on it or it will click where you don't intend it to. There is no way to scroll the page other than "flicking" the trackpad and that tend to scroll the page too fast and far. I have been very satisfied with Motorola devices and I love the Xoom but an a little disappointed in the keyboard.
on January 31, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
According to this product's minimalist manual, the Motorola Wireless Keyboard with Trackpad will actually work with smartphones, tablets, or computers that have built-in support for Bluetooth HID Profile. When used with non-Android devices, the Android-specific "special" features (e.g., support for special "Menu", "Home", "Back", "Search" and Quick Play, Volume and Call Control keys) would, of course, not be available, but everything else would work just fine.

Since my iMac (OS X 10.7.2) supports Bluetooth HID Profile, I decided to test this assertion on my iMac. Setup took a few more steps than I'm used to with other Bluetooth devices, but this is because it asked me to type in a passkey, and other things (e.g., the keys immediately to the left or right of the SHIFT keys, etc.) to help with the recognition and configuration of the product. Once paired, however, everything worked well enough.

The keyboard worked really well. With the help of the iMac's "Show Keyboard Viewer", I was able to figure out what key mapped to, say, the Apple's "Command" key (that would be the wireless keyboard's "Menu" key, so SHIFT-MENU-A opens up the Applications folder, just as if I had pressed the SHIFT-COMMAND-A key combination on an Apple keyboard). The keyboard is very responsive, and I like the "feel" of it.

The trackpad also works but not as smoothly or responsively as the keyboard. Using the minimalist manual's Trackpad Basics instructions on page 6 as a guide, I was able to figure out how to display and move pointer (touch and slide), select item under pointer (tap or click), drag item under pointer (click and move), and simulate a right mouse button press to bring up a context menu (two-finger tap). During my testing of the trackpad, I occasionally get "lost connection" messages pop up on my screen, so following the instruction on page 7 of the manual, I simply press a key on the Motorola keyboard or repeat a trackpad gesture, and I would get reconnected right away.

This product has an attractive look and a solid quality build. I'm quite happy with it!!
on March 26, 2012
Was originally going to purchase just the motorola keyboard for the xoom, but on that page they reference this keyboard. Pricey but I went with it since it has a built in mouse pad which can mimic the swipe patterns you would normally do with your finger on the device. Connected easy, simple to use and has a lot of nice short cuts for volume, changing songs, home back, back one level etc. The main downfall is the device has connectivity issues. It feels like it is timing out, but it barely idles more than a minute. I would power down the device then back on and it will work again, but still would do that every 5 min or so. It can't be the distance as majority of the times I'm about 1.5ft from the xoom. Tested it on other android devices and same issue is present. for the cost of this item I shouldn't have any issues, I'm sure there is better for cheaper. I'll look for those.
on February 27, 2012
The Motorola Wireless Keyboard with Trackpad is a very nice device.

The feel is great - black non-reflective quality plastic (no fingerprint problems) - the keys are placed nicely for typing and the action is very nice. The Android hot-keys work fine, the 'mute' key does nothing (not a problem with the keyboard, the Xoom Android needs to respond to this key)

The common problem mentioned with this keyboard is seemingly random disconnects - this problem seems to be eliminated after I reset the keyboard by holding the N, E, and W keys when turning on the keyboard. Now, worst case scenario, if it disconnects, I can reconnect from the settings on the Xoom. The problem also now seems to only appear when I type very quickly and accidentally press several keys at once - I just verified this by doing it on purpose. So, by pacing my typing (ie, 'getting used to the keyboard'), it minimizes/eliminates the problem.

The trackpad has a lot of features - it slides out and even though it seems flimsy it has a base that holds it at just the right height on the surface the keyboard is placed on. Motorola placed the trackpad so that when it's extended, it leaves perfect areas on either side for placing the heels of your hands while typing, without accidentally touching the trackpad. When the trackpad is pushed back into the keyboard, it is completely unnoticeable.

Finally, I've seen some comments regarding the lack of a case for the keyboard. My solution is to use a Targus Citygear Mini case - the Xoom (in the iGadgitz leather case holder) fits in the padded tablet/netbook pocket in back, and the keyboard fits snugly into the front pocket. The Targus case also has extra pockets for other things like charger, cellphone, pens, stylus, etc.

A great solution for anyone with a Xoom tablet who needs to do a lot of typing - I wrote this review with it. It has become so useful I had to buy two more for other Xooms we have!
VINE VOICEon February 21, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Great Bluetooth keyboard. Very ergonomic and functional. Quick responsiveness.

This is a MUST system to consider if you are looking for a bluetooth keyboard with a trackpad.

CAUTION: Make sure your system is bluetooth capable so you can use this device! You can use it with your Smartphone.

Actually, I revise this: It works really well with the Samsung Galaxy. As prices come down, you can get yourself a portable system for less than $275. Get a workstation in your hotel room.

This wireless keyboard is a very good size for enabling your work. It's easy to type quickly & accurately on this keyboard. Keys are a generous size, smooth- like a fine chocolate!

It's a very portable system. Does not fold up, but is very compact.

Works well with Apple's iPad 2. Keyboard is responsive and interfaces well.

The track-pad works well, is responsive and quick, but not overly sensitive. Do not need to use with a mouse. It has its own little finger controlled mouse pad that pulls out easily (and sturdily) from the center of the keyboard. The keyboard is well constructed and simple to use.

Highly recommended.
on October 15, 2012
I thought that a combination keyboard and trackpad would be a real convenience when I occasionally need to do some more serious input into my tablet (Moto Xoom). Sounds good in theory.

The fact is that the keyboard part is pretty good -- comfortable, nice key placement, good touch. The problem is that the trackpad execution is not as successful, in fact it's pretty poor.

The trackpad behavior is NOT settable, and it can become quite perplexing. There's a built-in mechanical click action to the entire pad, click firmly anywhere and it's like pressing a mouse button. That's fine, but the touchpad ALSO responds to light taps and does about the same thing. It's this latter mode that creates 90 percent of the problems. I constantly found myself clicking when I didn't mean to, and you can imagine the havoc when it suddenly accepts an input, clicks on a link, or backs out of an entry screen when not intended.

In addition, as others have reported, the connection is a bit twitchy -- sometimes for no apparent reason the mouse pointer simply disappears, as if it's lost the connection. Then I find myself reaching over to the tablet screen to do what I wanted the trackpad to do. Kind of misses the point (no pun intended).

I have just now ordered the VERY much less expensive Moto keyboard w/o trackpad. We'll see how that goes. IN the meanwhile I'm using a Bluetooth mouse, works much better.
on August 23, 2012
In short, this keyboard was exactly what I was looking for. It's a little small, but it works exactly as advertised and I specifically bought it for use with my Razr Maxx; again, it works wonderfully and it paired easily with my device. At this point I now have a small workstation area complete with an external mouse; I got a Logitech Bluetooth mouse which works with the Android OS also purchased from Amazon.
There are some reviews about how flakey the mouse pad is. I must admit it does take a little to get used to how to use the pad, but it's not a deal breaker; it's functional and works. My only complaint is that the keyboard needs to be just a little bit larger. The size of it does remind me of a netbook sized keyboard and that does strain my wrists. I'm hoping that Logitech will produce a full sized keyboard for use with the Android OS; they might have, I've just not researched it yet.