Industrial Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Ty Dolla Sign egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes

on June 18, 2012
I have 2 medium sized young cats (9 & 11 lbs). Purchased this to help prevent litter getting 'thrown' out of the box by one of the cats that likes to make a big ordeal about burying the feces from the other cat (we have 3 litter boxes throughout the house). Going to replace one of them with this - seems good so far. Other reviews mention that cats urinating in the front corners of the box make it difficult to clean - this is true because of an indentation in the molded plastic. For a simple solution, just turn the box around as the back doesn't have an indentation! The 'high sided' top will fit either way. I'm happy with it for the cost, but I hope it lasts a few years as the plastic the base is made out of seems pretty thin. Another plus is that it's made in the USA, not China!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2013
This is my fifth one I have purchased. They are great for my nine cats and are so much better than the low sided boxes sold at most pet stores. Yes you read that right, nine cats. I do rescue work and do TNR as a hobby for my local SPCA. You still need to have a litter mat in the front which can be purchased at Walmart for a few dollars. The only thing I don't like about these boxes are that one side is not a perfect rectangle. That is why I only gave it four stars out of five. There are small creases in each corner that you can see if you look closely at the picture. They make it hard to get all of the dirty litter out sometimes. But other than that, they rock. My cats can dig to China and not get much litter out of it at all. The price was great too. Most high sided boxes at Petsmart or PETCO were much more expensive and not nearly as good. SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS !
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2012
I move apartments fairly often, and when I do, I usually just get the kitties a new box because it's just more convenient. Last time, I bought two rather expensive covered litter boxes as my cats tend to fling litter. What a mistake! My cats crept in there like they expected to be murdered at any moment, and leaped out like the devil himself was after them. I then saw this box and ordered it, and they vastly prefer it with the open top. It keeps the litter in and it's a lot easier for me to scoop. I don't have the problem others report about the uneven bottom making it hard to scoop, but I have seen that the kitties will sometimes pee on the sides and it will get between the two pieces. I still think this litter box is just great, though, the cats are much more comfortable with it and it keeps the litter in. I'll be getting a couple more for my next move!
on November 25, 2014
This has to be the worst litter box I have used. Whoever designed this thing clearly doesn't have cats. I bought this box because of the high sides. I have a cat that can get a bit disoriented in the box resulting in their deposits spilling over the edge, so I thought this box was perfect.

The high sides have worked to contain all the deposits which is good, however, that's where my joy ends. I figured the high sides would somehow attach or have some sort of clip that keeps them firmly in place. No such luck. They just hold in place by gravity. They have an edge in the middle of each long side that's meant to hold it to the box, but they don't hold and thus are completely ineffective. It's only a matter of time before the cat entering or exiting the box via the high road will displace the sides.

The big problem with the box is the bottom and front panel. It's not flat! There's about an inch of a lowered section all around the edges and with the front having an indented panel, it makes scooping impossible. It's really annoying. I imagine they added the indentions for better stability but the result is a box that is literally impossible to fully scoop out. I suppose if your cat pees only in the middle of the box and never digs to the bottom, then this box might work. But do yourself a favor and pass on this one. It's a real bummer too, as I've had positive experiences with other IRIS products.

I wondered why IRIS didn't include any pictures of the inside of the box on the amazon listing, now I know why.
review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2013
This litterbox is pretty nice. It's tall sided, easy to access and easy to clean. The design of the top feels a bit flimsy and gives in if your cat bumps it too rough, and can cause some problems that way.

But if you're like me and shopping for a litterbox for a cat that stands up to pee, this is not the box for you. My cat happens to be just tall enough that she pees right into the division between the top and bottom halves of the box. This causes a leak that makes a pretty nasty mess to clean up. I didn't know this would be an issue when I purchased this box, but it's turned out to be a problem now.

This is a great litterbox otherwise, and the issue isn't with the box, but the cat. Keep that in mind if you're shopping for a cat that does their business standing.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2012
The high sides of the box work very well to keep litter in and any other contaminants from escaping over the side, but the box itself could be a bit larger. My kitties appear to prefer the open lid style to the previous fully lidded boxes that I used, but the other boxes were a better length and width for the cats to fit better.
on July 18, 2014
WORST. LITTER PAN. EVER!!! Base pan too low, pee gets in between the crack. The bottom of the pan is not even, clumps cannot be scooped in one piece. Been cleaning this box more than scooping the litter. If you have average size cat/s this one is too small. I have 3 domestic short hair, and it's been a nightmare. Followed the idea of another frustrated customer and bought a storage box for $9 at the Dollar store: Simple, no gimmicks, and best litter box ever!! LOL
on August 25, 2012
I find the box (and also the shield) too squared off for ease of scooping. I would really prefer a one-piece box because cat pee sometimes gets between the "seal" of the bottom and the shield. I also prefer cleaning one piece, not two. It is okay for the time being and the price is right for what it is.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 4, 2012
I have 2 cats, one took a lot of retraining after being raised nearly 5 years in a shelter, and my older cat who is a serious bag scratcher - he DESTROYS litter liners like nobodies business, and is also known for facing his mess while kicking litter straight out of the box. With this box both the cats are pleased, and they prefer it to the completely enclosed box upstairs. They feel privacy but have room to stand in whatever awkward position they please. They both scratch on the frosted part to clean their paws instead of scratching on my walls or tracking litter all around my house! I'm actually thinking of replacing the one upstairs with this model as well

I will never buy another litter liner again!
on August 16, 2013
This litter box is way too small. As another poster said, the cat can't even turn around in it. No worries. However, Cat was clever enough to figure out how to manage. She simply stepped straight into the box with all fours, stuck her little rear end out the front and pooped outside the box onto the floor. She had to pee on the walls inside the box (no room), so urine leaked between the two sections and onto the floor. What a mess!

This was a waste of $17 and deserves minus 1 star. They should discontinue it.