Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on October 18, 2012
I REALLY like the Seiko SNZFI5 and would buy another one tomorrow if I needed 2 watches. I bought the watch directly from Amazon, but discovered it would lose 5 minutes a day. So, I called Seiko and the said that I could send it in and they would adjust it for free. I was a bit worried that I would not get a working SNF15, but figured if the 2nd watch was slow, I would just send it in, as the price was so low that it would be worth the postage to have it adjusted. Fortunately, the second watch works great.

Again for the money, you cannot buy a better watch. However, if you are willing to spend more on a watch, you can buy the similar version of the same watch (SKX009K2) for about $75.00 more. It is better in two ways: Screw down crown and can will go under water 200m. So, if that is important, I would pay the extra $ and get the skx009k2. I was willing to pay the extra $, but at the time I was looking, the Skx00k92 was not sold by Amazon, and Seiko said that you need to buy form a Dealer (Amazon) to get the 3 Yr. warranty, plus if there was an issue with the watch, I wanted to be able to exchange it without any problems.
on September 13, 2012
This watch is a great watch for daily wear. The brushed aluminum bezel is quite attractive without being overly flashy. The glow in the dark hands are among the brighter ones in a diving watch. A subtle design pro is that the hardlex crystal face is just under the bezel, so any direct contact with say, a metal doorframe is mainly absorbed by the bezel which is much more easily replaced. However, there are only three things that stop this from being perfect. First, the thicker hands completely cover the date a few times a day. Second, the crown is pop out, which means this isn't really waterproof to 100m (think 30ish to be safe). And lastly, to adjust the actual date number, you can only turn the dial's time forward, which takes a while. With that being said, this watch is excellent with little faults and a three year warranty (2nd and 3rd US only).
on September 6, 2012
The only reason I did not give this 5 stars is due to the variable accuracy - some days it gains 5 seconds, others it loses 10 (still within the VERY wide range specifications). Also, the movement does not hack so the seconds keep ticking away when setting.

I wear this every day during the week. I bang it on metal bars, wear it inside a freezer at 0 degrees F for hours at a time and generally abuse it like a cheap plastic watch. It takes scratches very well - they barely show up besides on the bezel insert. Also, the crystal is surprisingly strong and has not received a single scratch in the same way a Sapphire crystal would hold up. The watch is light, does not pull on hairs and does not make that cheap rattle sound found on so many sub $300 watches. The see through case back is a huge plus also in my opinion and has not received a scratch yet from setting the watch down flat.

Perfect daily beater watch!
on October 8, 2012
The size is right for a small and medium wrist. The watch itself is well made and well executed with smooth polished stainless steel. In another word, the quality of this watch is on par with some of Swiss watches. It is reliable you can count on to wear on daily basis. I recommend to anyone who would like a good reliable watch but without spending a lot of money.
on November 7, 2012
This isn't my first seiko I've own several watches over 20 years and this will be my first sports 5 model. First I noticed it was a little lighter then my older sekio automatic for a stainless stell almost felt it was a titanium one, the face was a little smaller and instead of the movement of the second hand is smooth. I liked the clear crystal back to see the gears. My only complaint was the second hand continues to move as your adjusting the time.
on October 6, 2012
One thing for sure, this puppy is hard to miss, it's no featherweight either! I especially like the smooth operation of the sweep second hand. Typical great Seiko quality too. Just remember, if you don't plan on wearing this watch every day, you might want to invest in an automatic winder. A lot of timepiece for not a lot of $$$.
on April 9, 2013
But, the vendor did fail by supplying the watch in a damaged box and sending it via the scenic route. Valentines gift basically is now going to be a birthday gift without the element of surprise.

Later the vendor did make amends by sending a replacement box. Too little, too late.
on November 1, 2012
This watch is gorgeous. I own several watches, including the brands Breitling, Longines, Seiko, Citizen, Casio.

It looks much better than in the pic. I suggest you search for it online to see more pics and videos. Still, live is even better, to me.

The calendar is a little tedious to set-up. I thought it might be defective, but it is not. You have to understand how to set it up correctly (kind of how explained in the instructions, but you will have to make sure to set the time to 00:00 before setting the date, then set the time accordingly again).

Great price for a watch like this. Mine is not loosing time as some reported with some Seiko 5.

Great watch.
on September 4, 2012
I was really looking forward to making this my everyday watch but it ended up being a "SET" everyday watch.
Initially I was concerned with buying a self winder as I had experiences years back with having problems with them.
I figured it was a long time ago that I had these problems and thought, IT IS A SEIKO, quit worrying. When the watch
arrived, promptly I will add, I eargerly opened the box and dutifully moved it back and forth for about a minute and set it.
All seemed good. I liked the watch and it felt good on my wrist. All day at work it performed great. Got home and set it on the nightstand at bedtime and went to sleep dreaming about my new watch (not really, but it sounds good). Wake up in the
morning and grab the new watch and what do you know, it had stopped around 2am. Bummer. Not to be discouraged I moved it back and forth as instructed, re-set it and went to work. No problems all day long. Get home, go to bed, wake up and the
watch had stopped about 2:30am. Grrrrr. This went on for 4 days until I finally gave up and retired it to the watch box.
The price was nice for a Seiko but I guess you get what you pay for. I will stick to battery powered watches in the future.
44 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2014
Very good watch, looks very stylish.
Wear it pretty much every day and it is comfortable.

Holds time for about 54 hours without wearing it. That could be better but I knew what I was buying.

Holds up well to abuse. Glow is quite brite after being outdoors all day. Holds for approximately 5-7 hours after dark.