Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 19, 2011
I've never played a lap harp before.

I am always looking for new insturments to play around with. I grew up playing the saxophone, and ever since I sold it, I've always wanted one back. But because of the cost, I never can bring myself to actually getting one. So instead I buy inexpensive instruments and other things to just play around with to get that creative musical fix.

This app is exactly one of those purchases. For a couple of bucks I got an app that turns my Kindle Fire into a pretty solid music instrument. It works well, and it sounds absolutely amazing. I really wasn't expecting it to sound as good as it did. With headphones on, it's simply astounding. Even with the stock speakers on the Fire, it still sounds great.

I found the assortment of songs that came with it to be adequate, but just playing around and creating is where it's at on this to me.

I'm giving it five stars, but I would like to see some things in an update. First, sometimes the touch response isn't that great, but I BELIEVE this to be more of a software issue with the Fire itself, not this app. So I'm hoping the upcoming Kindle Fire update will take care of that. If not, then I would like to see the response of the harp turned up a bit. It tends to get a bit "lost" when trying to string together fast and up tempo notes. Second, I would LOVE to see it have a record feature, so that you can hit record and then just play around on it, then go back and see what you came up with.

Overall, though, I think it's a great little app, and definitely worth the cost!!
on January 17, 2012
very nice sound on Kindle Fire. Very soothing. Wish they had more music sheets. I have purchased all they have and they are very well done. I do wish they would omit the sound of a page turning -- totally not needed in such a beautiful sounding instrument. Also the music has multiple pages for some of the songs. They did not just give us like the first 5 measures or something but the entire song. I like this very much. Minus one star because of the sheet turning sound.
on May 5, 2012
I've always enjoyed singing and wanted to learn how to play an instrument but have never been able to wrap my head around reading the ants on the pages. I sing by sound and listening only,fwiw.
This app gives me the instant "aha moment" of what note is what, the differences in full vs quarter vs eighth note,etc and in just a short time has given me the confidence to plunks the keys on our piano that has intimidated me for years with its simple melodic tunes to choose from.
The sound on my Fire is very close to a real harp and it works very well with not only fingers but iFaraday SALT stylus pen as well.
For those wanting a no nonsense music playing app without a gazzillion options this is a good one to try out.
It's also very good for kids, whether 48 like me or 4 like my youngest daughter, trying their hand at learning to read/play music. The fact that it has such a relaxing sound helps not become intimidated if I hit the wrong note.
on January 10, 2012
Air Harp comes with 7 songs: "Row, Row, Row Your Boat", "Are You Sleeping (Frere Jacques)", "I'm A Little Teapot", "It's Raining, It's Pouring", "Morning Has Broken", "Bach - Menuet in G" and "Aura Lee" and three selection screens (the other three "songs") "Air Harp Instructions", "Note Guide" and "None".

There are three music packs available for purchase for 99 cents each: Relaxation Music Pack #1, Christmas Music Pack #1 and Christmas Music Pack #2. The relaxation pack has 5 songs, the Christmas packs each have 3.

The instrument itself is beautiful, is easy to play and sounds lovely. The instruction sheet underlays the strings and gives you the basic instructions on how to play the Air Harp. The note guide underlays the strings on the right side of the instrument and lists the names of the notes. None is just what is says, nothing under the strings, just the lovely instrument.

The song sheet underlays the strings and all you have to do to play a song is touch the strings over each note. Some of the songs continue over multiple pages, and to move to the next sheet of music you click on a button on the left hand side of the screen. This is the only thing that is slightly annoying - when you change sheets, there is a clicking sound that interrupts the flow of playing the music.

Very enjoyable and well worth the price. Eagerly awaiting more music packs. (Maybe it's time to drag out my old college music...)
This is a fun app, perhaps even more fun (and easier) than similar play-it-yourself piano apps. And I can see why it's for Kindle Fire only (or at least, tablets only) - there's almost no way you could press the notes correctly on a smaller smartphone screen.

Air Harp displays part of a lap harp on the screen. You can play it like that, or you can overlay a note guide and play. I don't read music or play any musical instrument, so I chose one of the seven songs (the product description says there are ten, but I only found seven) included and played it by touching the notes. Surprisingly, it sounded pretty nice, even better with a little practice.

I was able to hit the notes with my fingers, but for some folks, a stylus might be easier to use.

If you want more songs, from the app, you can go to the Air Harp store and purchase more music.

Air Harp is a nicely designed, visually attractive app that was fun to play around with. The harp sounds are very melodic if you have half an idea how to play the instrument.

An enjoyable app for just about all ages.
on February 12, 2013
The air harp comes with I believe 6 very known songs and one has the option to buy 3 additional packages (two with Christmas songs - one other). When you select a song, the notes are placed on the strings so it is easy to correctly play the song in question, like "Row, row your boat". However, I like to play and strum things on my own since the sound is nicer when one touches more strings. This instrument should have come with a RECORDING option. I think this is a serious flaw, especially since one pays for this app. I got the FREE piano lite app which gives you five octaves and also allows you to record whatever you are playing. One can even substitute different sounds for the piano, but I still like the piano sound best.
I now also noticed that while with some apps you can swipe down for the icons such as brightness, volume etc. to appear. And the recording app will show up when you have used it in the same swipe down area, but nothing happens when you use the airharp. It would have made it easier to quickly touch the record button in the swipe down menu and then play the air harp but even that is not possible. A true pity.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon February 17, 2015
Very nicely realized Air Harp (I am actually am running it on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1"). The one star hit though is how so very few and altogether basic included music sheets there are, requiring one to purchase more directly from touchGrove LLV - but appears their store is no longer available.

So as of writing on 17FEB2015, you are pretty much stuck with the seven sheets of shoulder shrugging, beginner music. :(

Still, there is a note guide also in the selection, so with a little note reading, you can play your own sheet music (and why the limited available music and the inclusion of IAP in the first place doesn't really bother me). :)

It seems to support 5 point multi-touch, and it is quite smooth in response. Permissions and Code are clean with no analytics. Small app, installing at 9MB on Device Memory (no option to move it off, but being so small, it's a negligible thing). Runs OFFLINE, and the back-key does exit cleanly (although for those rare devices that don't have a back-key, you will have to home-screen out).
on May 5, 2012
This is really a lovely app with great sound. It's easy to use and produces a very soothing strumming, much like that of a real auto harp or lap harp. It's fun and very much worth the the few cents for the developer. If u can't bring an instrument with u at all times then u should have fun with this app. Very Nice.
on January 11, 2012
I have plucked away at an air harp in the past and this is just as fun. fits the kindle fire perfectly and sounds sweeter than a lullaby. it even gives you a few sheets a music to follow to make you an instant virtuoso! i only wish this company would make something like this for a banjo (hint hint, wink wink). would be nice if they would offer a few more music sheets but the fun is really in figuring it out for yourself.
on February 24, 2014
This brings back to me the joy of a grade-school teacher bringing out the Autoharp, and strumming wonderful tunes. This plays well on my original Kindle Fire. It has many built-in songs and allows you to also follow along with them, as well as play your own tunes.