Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes

Color: Blue Key (Black)Change

on August 9, 2012
This is one of the best keyboards I have ever owned, very comfortable and ergonomic.

I use this keyboard for gaming/work and it definitely does not disappoint me.

Been using it for about 5 months, absolutely no wear/tear or signs of fading!

The software/drivers are EXCELLENT and have tons and tons of features such as dimming the LED's when you're not using them so they last longer!

Only con is, the very small 'cracks' get very dirty but can be easily cleaned out with a thin object such as a credit card (they aren't hard to clean at all, takes <30 seconds!)

other than that, best keyboard ever.
on October 6, 2012
For one, the shipping was EXTREMELY fast! I ordered this on October 3rd, it shipped on October 4th, and I received it on October 5th! And that was with standard shipping! I was a little skeptical about purchasing this because, honestly, I have never heard of Roccat before. However, the reviews were good and the products looked nice.

The keyboard is surprisingly lightweight compared to my U7 Luxeed Keyboard (which doesn't have any macro keys or numpad for that matter. The keys press down nicely and are not too far apart and not too close together. It feels very nice typing on it and doesn't bother me while I'm playing games for hours a day. I haven't gotten much use out of the macro keys, but they are easy to set up, and when you press the macro record button, instead of a beep or noise, it actually says "Select a macro key to start recording" and when you cancel the macro recording, it says "Macro recording aborted." It says it through your operating system (ie. your speakers or headphones) not the keyboard itself. That is better than having some beep and then trying to figure out which beep is which.

One thing to note about this keyboard is that the boarder is flat black with a textile feel and the part around the keys is a glossy black. I knew this before purchasing, and I admit it makes the keyboard look very well and stand out, but it does get very dirty with fingerprints and dust very quickly.

Also, in order for the capslock key to work, you have to press and hold the T1 key then press the capslock key. Without pressing the T1 key, it functions as a macro key. To some, this my be convenient or inconvenient depending on your style of play.

EDIT: The above mentioned is enabled by default. There is an option in the keyboard drivers software to have the capslock key act as a capslock instead of a macro key.

Overall, the keyboard is amazing! I am glad I bought it and I expect to have this keyboard for a very long time. I highly recommend this keyboard to anyone that is looking for an amazing gaming keyboard. I will definitely be checking out more of Roccat's products!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2012
This is a very nice keyboard, many features and good build quality. There is however one glaring oversight with the design. None of the media keys across the top are backlit. In addition to this the icons on these keys is dark grey (on a black background too!). This makes it impossible to see the icons in these keys even in daylight, I was ready to give this 5 stars easily but this is a rather silly design flaw... Luckily I don't really use these keys anyway, but for those that do you may want to keep this in mind before buying.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2013
The only thing I found that I would change is the volume,ff,rev, etc buttons don't light up. I can live with it. But the rest seems of good quality. It goes to sleep and the lights go out. All you have to do is hit a button and it comes back on.
on August 13, 2013
I did a lot of research all over the internet before spending the big bucks and it was well worth my time and money. The key mapping changes automatically for each game profile once you set it up and it goes back to your designated default when you're done playing. For example, I turn on my computer and it starts with the Windows key mapping profile (I have the color blue for that). Then I launch Fallout 3 and the keyboard changes to green and the mapping automatically changes to my set up in the game! It's insane! It also work great with the ROCCAT Kone XTD, which offers the very similar functionality.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2014
Where do I begin. This is an amazing keyboard. I absolutely love my Roccat keyboard. The design is very sturdy and you can tell they took their time and knew what they were doing. I mean come on, its German built. The ability to have every color behind the keys is so cool. The breathing effect of the lighted keys is awesome. Plus I have this teamed up with my Roccat Kone XTD mouse and the experience is unlike anything else. I have been PC gaming since Doom and this thing blew me away. So much customization with the keys as well as within the Roccat Talk software. If you don't know what I am talking about, go to their website and see for yourself.

The only thing that could make this keyboard better would be to have Cherry MX switches. It is a membrane keyboard but I assure you it is not one of those sticky keys kind of membrane keyboard. Roccat does have the Ryos model keyboard with the MX switches but they are not able to create all the colors that the Isku can.

In regards to their warranties and Roccat as a company. My Kone XTD mouse started having issues after about a year and a half. It was double clicking when I clicked it once, I contacted Roccat through their website and within one day I had a response. Their customer service rep didn't even care when I had purchased it. His response was something like this, "I'm sorry to hear about the issues with you Kone, please provide use with your info and we will send you a brand new one." I sent them in my old one, spend $3 on shipping and got a brand new one within about a week. The customer service rep assigned to my claim kept me up to date every time we reached a new step in the process. Roccat's quality of their products and the quality of the Customer Service has made me an advocate for life. I know own four different Roccat products. Isku FX keyboard, Kone XTD mouse, Kave XTD 5,1 head set and the Raivo 2mm Gaming mouse pad.

I would ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT recommend this and any other Roccat product to everyone
on February 8, 2013
I just fell in love with this keyboard lol. Everything is perfect except that the multimedia keys are not lit.
on March 30, 2014
Granted, this isn't a mechanical keyboard so it will automatically be discounted by some purists. I, personally, can't stand the clackey-clack of mechanical keyboards so this one works and sounds just like I want it to. The Linux drivers work great and are updated regularly. If you want a great keyboard with programmable hot keys and profiles that works under Linux, here is your keyboard.
on November 2, 2015
The Good: Surprisingly responsive membrane keys, more macros functions than you can shake a stick at, wonderful ergonomics and design, compatible with AlienFX, powerful and easy to use software

The Bad: Not many fancy proprietary hardware pieces, not very useful if you aren’t a macro person

Gaming keyboards are just as important as mice; the buttons are probably the most important thing of all, the gimmicks and extra stuff comes last. Second most important thing in a gaming keyboard is ergonomics and how it’s designed physically. Some keyboards have large desktop footprints with giant wristpads or strange key shapes and proprietary key layouts. I spend over a week shopping around for the right keyboard to replace my Alienware TactX keyboard. Not that it broke or I hated it, I absolutely love the TactX keyboard, I just wanted something new and different. First on my list was the key type. Did I want Cherry MX keys or membrane? The TactX keyboard is an excellent Cherry MX keyboard, but it’s very loud and “clacky” and the key height is very high. I loved how far apart each key was, but I was ready for something new.

The Havit Leggermeier was my first choice

Havit Lammergeier: My first choice but only available online

Logitech G710: A solid Cherry MX keyboard, but I didn’t like the design of the buttons

The Logitech G910 is a beast of a keyboard, but I still didn't quite like the design.

Logitech G910: A beast of a keyboard, but I still didn’t quite like the design.

My first pick was the Havit Lammergeier which had a wonderul design and Cherry MX keys, but it’s only available online. Remember, any decent gaming keyboard is going to start at around the $100. I also thought about the Razer Deathstalker Ultimate, but at $250 it was ridiculously expensive, had a laptop style keyboard setup and the Razer touchscreen has been abandoned and hasn’t been updated in a while. My next thought was the Corsair Chroma series with their nice LED lighting, simple design, and Cherry MX keys. However, it was just too simple for me. I wanted something a little more flashy, something with a unique layout. I also looked a Logitech keyboards, but they were also very simple in design and seemed overpriced for what they didn’t offer. After this I looked at Cyborg keyboards, as the S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 was nearly $300 and had a lot of amazing features. After testing it and looking up extensive reviews, the software is shoddy and the hardware is cheap. I personally fiddled around with one and it didn’t seem like it was made of $300 material.

Razer Deathstalker Ultimate is one of the most expensive keyboards on the market, but has cheap feeling mechanical laptop keys and the touch screen has been abandoned.

Cyborg S.T.R.I.K.E. 7: The most expensive and elaborate keyboard on the market. It feels cheap, the keys aren’t great, and the software is shoddy.

Corsair K70: A great feeling Cherry MX keyboard, but with a very simplistic design and a giant wristpad

With the S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 being the most expensive keyboard on the market right now I went and looked at some lesser known brands such as Roccat, Gearhead, Mionix, Thermaltake, Azio, and TTe Sports. While these brands don’t make terrible products, they just aren’t the #1 brand that everyone knows such as Razer, Logitech, Corsair, or Mad Catz/Cyborg. Several of these brands offered Cherry MX keyboards, but they just didn’t feel right, something about them felt cheap, loose, or just awkward. I then went over to the Roccat Isku keyboards, but they only offer membrane keyboards and I was hesitant. I tapped away on a few keys and noticed how soft yet responsive they were. I continued tapping away at an Azio Levertron Mech5 keyboard right next to it with Cherry MX keys and realized how much better the Isku keyboard felt. The design was simple yet somehow unique and sleek, but all these Cherry MX keyboards looked crazy, futuristic, and had so many buttons, switches, and gizmos that it could make your head spin. With the even $100 price tag I grabbed the Isku FX keyboard specifically since it was compatible with AlienFX and had customizable LEDs.

Right out of the box the software was extremely easy to install. No CDs were included (who needs them these days?) so just a quick driver download was needed on the website. The software installed on Windows 10 64-bit with no hitches at all; after I opened the software it prompted to do a firmware update on the keyboard which went smoothly. This was probably the easiest hardware driver I have ever had to install; even Razer’s software can have problems from time to time. Once the software was open it looked overwhelming. The Isku is designed for people who love macros and keyboard shortcuts. There is a dedicated row of shortcuts on the far left, but the Isku has a special Easy Shift+ key function that can double all your shortcuts. On the bottom of the keyboard there are three “Thumbster” keys that allow you to do whatever you want with them. These are great for reloading in games, crouching, or switching to your favorite weapons. They are located just right, but I feel you will need to have larger hands to reach them.

The Isku FX allows up to five profiles to be switched on the fly, this is for people who may have a lot of shortcuts for different games. Blue LEDs are at the top left to tell you which profile you are on, and no there is no dedicated profile switch key, that’s what all these macro buttons are for. Next to the profile LEDs is a live record button. Press the button and a guy with a gravely voice will walk you through the macro recording process. This is great and takes away those confusing menu screens to record macros, however, that option is still here. At the very top are your media keys, a browser button, and a button for My Computer, but again you can change these if you want. Next to these is a button to turn the LED lights on and off which is a nice feature. Then the rest of the keyboard is pretty standard affair.

As for the rest of the software, the macro options are insane, and it even lets you program buttons by milliseconds of when they activate, it’s crazy. Another tab allows you to use the F keys as more macros if the 16 before weren’t enough. Another tab allows you to alter the “Easy Zone” keys, which are around WASD, to completely change what they do normally or add a secondary macro via the Easy Shift+ key. This is great if you are playing an MMO with a mouse and don’t want to use the top number keys or switch to the keypad. This is also useful if you are using a program that has a lot of shortcuts; now you can have them all right next to each other. The Advanced Control tab allows you to change the lighting effects, enable AlienFX, and various other options. The Roccat software also comes with an achievement system which is odd, but it’s here. There are 16 achievements in total, I have yet to unlock any, but it’s very interesting and kind of strange.

The keys feel fantastic and I can’t stress this enough. Membrane keys are usually shoddy, but these click very quietly and had a lot of response and don’t feel mushy. I felt the keys are a little closer together than most Cherry MX keys, but not by much and I quickly got used to this and forgot all about it. I also like how I don’t have to press the keys down so far, as people with smaller hands tend to cramp up on Cherry MX keys.

Overall, the Roccat Isku FX keyboard is amazing, and surprisingly so for a membrane keyboard. If you are on the fence about membrane keyboards or are a hardcore Cherry MX fan, I suggest giving this keyboard a shot. Out of several membrane keyboard I tried this was the only one that felt decent, so I understand the hate behind those kinds of boards. The software is some of the best out there for hardware, and there are so many customization options it will make you dizzy. Even if you don’t use macros this is a wonderful keyboard, has great lighting effects, and well worth the price.
on October 5, 2013
this is my compromise between full mechanical keyboard and softer key presses. Like the blue back lit keys. I dont have enough space on my tbale and the arm rest jutts out, but in actuality the arm rest makes it so much easier