Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on December 30, 2011
First, I was pleasantly surprised you don't need a subscription. Second, this app has just about everything you'd find in the paper version. The navigation of sections is very simple, pictures are sharp, and the articles are easy to read as it's all optimized for the Fire. Scrolling through articles within a section is as simple as turning a page in a book.
0Comment1,424 of 1,568 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2011
I have nothing but good things to say about this app. Wonderfully formatted, userfriendly, and free. I highly recommend it.
0Comment723 of 798 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2011
The app is beautiful and well designed. It takes full advantage of the Fire's bigger screen and shows what's possible when a developer decides to make something special for the Fire. I hope apps like these are a preview of what's to come; an app designed specifically for smaller tablets.
0Comment693 of 766 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2012
This app stores huge amounts of data which will seriously impact the operation of your Kindle Fire. Discovered that mine was holding over 700mb. I deleted it and all is well again.
11 comment98 of 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2011
Finally, a worthwhile and well functioning news app. I'd rather this app was put in the Newsstand bar rather than the App bar, but the app functions perfectly and has a wide range of news. Best of all, it's free! I would recommend a download.
0Comment32 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2012
This is a must-have app for the Kindle Fire. You get access to all of the USA Today sections in full-color. News, Money, Sports, Life, YourLife, Tech, and Travel -- the entire USA Today experience in a single app.

The stories look great and are easy to navigate. The pictures are full-color and crisp. You can share stories via Facebook or email.

I've only spotted a single advertisement that appears as the app first starts. Other than that, the rest of the stories appear to be ad-free.

About the only problem I've spotted, and it's pretty minor, is the lack of a search feature. The magnifying glass appears on the bottom toolbar but doesn't do anything.

If you install the app and like it, please send feedback to USA Today. On the bottom toolbar, there is a menu button. Touch it then touch the feedback button. I sent them a note saying thank you for this awesome app.
0Comment48 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 29, 2012
Used to work but now crashes every single time I use it. Too bad -- it was a great app when it worked. But there's no point in keeping an app that constantly fails.
0Comment49 of 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2011
Finally released for the Kindle Fire. I love it, but wish they would add the "viewers polls" like they have on the IPad version. Till then I am just giving it 4 stars. I love to read the USA today every day with my coffee.
0Comment32 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2012
This free app edition used to work well on my Kindle Fire but lately some of the sections just crash and close. I really enjoyed this app before but I can't tolerate a crash that makes it worthless.
0Comment42 of 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2012
For limited news to read on a 40 min train ride. The app crashes and I had to re-install it to open again. Good thing is, if you load it on wi-fi on kindle fire, it retains news and you can browse through all these news later even without the internet. That said, limited use but good to read news even if the connection is lost at a later time.