Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Color: WhiteChange

on October 22, 2012
I bought this because my dog figured out how to climb out of the cage. It fits perfectly. I have mine velcro'd not on very top, but on next part down. Nice tight fit. My dog can not climb out, can not get to it to chew it up. All the neg. reviews I think has to do with the fact that this cage and mesh top is not made for huge dogs. The muscular dogs can move the cage and most likely tall enough to chew it up. SMALL dogs only. If you have a small dog, you will love this addition. Price is 'right' as well.
0Comment59 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2015
This mesh cover is cheap and terribly made. I even purchased the cable ties as a reviewer had suggested and that didn't even stop my little Maltipoo from ripping it apart (see photos). I liked the "idea" of the pen because of it's size (very roomy) but my dog kept jumping out. Hence, the purchase of this cover. I just ordered an iCrate instead. Hopefully that will work out better for us!
review image review image
on June 16, 2012
This is a lifesaver for keeping pets inside if you have climbers. I was a hobby breeder and some of my moms would climb out, but wouldn't climb back in. So night time was always hard. I made them sleep in a crate until the pups were old enough to get through the night without food. If I put food in the pen for the puppies the other adults climbed in and ate it. The top stops all that. It fits great and is very sturdy and secure.
One more thing you need to offer is replacement rods. They swell at the bottom from getting wet when cleaning and males peeing on them. Some of the tops came off as well.
If you have a pet you need to confine this is so much better than a crate. They have room to play and choose where they want to sleep. I recommend the pen and the top for anyone bringing home a new puppy or who has a sick dog.
0Comment25 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2013
This is a nice addition to the Iris Usa Inc DIRCI604 Plastic Pet Pen, 36 by 36-Inch. It serves two important functions. It keeps your small pet safe from both climbing out and keeping overhead predators out when you elect to have your pet outside. It is very easy to install and is worth the investment.
on April 19, 2015
We're fostering a 4-pound puppy who figured out how to climb over the exercise pen immediately even when he had a cast on his front leg! So we thought the mesh roof might help keep him contained. But the hook-and-loop fasteners are pretty weak, and he loosened several immediately, signaling that he'd jump through an opening in the roof sooner or later. I have now augmented the fasteners with a dozen large binder clips, and I now feel like the pen and roof have a reasonable chance of keeping him contained...until he figures out how to go under the pen!
review image
11 comment23 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2015
I do not use the velcro to attacdh to the pen... rather I bought 3/8th - 36 in rebar
fed it through a piece of garden hose on each side... put the velcro around hose
and creates enough weight to keep the dog interfering with all the other owner reviews
review image
on April 17, 2012
The idea was to use this pen with the mesh roof to keep our 4 mos old West Highland White Terrier contained when we were out for more than an hour or so. He does fine in the crate, but ocassionally we must be away for 6+ hrs and it seems cruel to leave him in the crate for that long. To make a long story short, we tried this twice and both times he was able to escape! Luckily he didn't do any damage, but now we are back to the crate as our only option. Maybe it works well for smaller and less fiesty dogs? It is a nice product and easy to assemble.
66 comments17 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2012
I really love the mesh roof. The velcro straps make it easy to use and fits the exercise pen very good. I highly recomend this, expecially if you have a dog that can jump, this will keep them in the pen and safe.
on December 9, 2014
My 3 month old puppy easily climbed out of her playpen so I bought this cover to keep her safe. She still very quickly climbs up the sides, squeezes under the mesh roof, and flips herself over and out of the pen. It is secured correctly and as tightly as possible but gaps remain in the top. About $60 later I have a playpen and cheap mesh cover that are useless. If you have a very small and active dog this is a waste of money.
on December 16, 2014
This is completely useless. My puppy got out instantly, the velcro ties are a complete joke. I should have read the majority of the reviews. Completely dissatisfied with the product and would NEVER recommend.