Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 8, 2012
This SSD is being used for a system drive in my desktop computer, and works well with Windows 7 and Windows 8. Boot time is definitely improved, and seems reliable so far.

I am retaining my hard drive for data, but the OS and all programs are running from this drive, and performing like a champ. I honestly don't know how the speed compares to other SSD devices, but the increase in performance from using the hard drive is noticeable.
on December 4, 2012
I got this drive as an Amazon Lighting Deal and used it to replace a WD Velociraptor spinning disc. There is no comparison in speed, this drive is incredibly fast. Boot time is more than 50% less. Plug and play...

Verbatim is not necessarily known for drives, and I was hesitant. But, it has the same SanForce controller used on many higher-end drives and has generally good reviews & 3 year warranty.
on January 12, 2013
I bought two to replace OS drives in two different computers. Both work as advertised.

I have bought over 20 SSDs in the past year to replace mechanical hard drives from various vendors; so far, these two drives worked as well or better than any of the others.
on February 15, 2013
Upon receiving this SSD, you can tell that it's cheap. The packaging and how the drive looks and feels are all just cheap. However, I'm not concerned at all with how a drive looks as long as it performs well. This drive is good but it lowered my dard drive score in WIE (in Win7 x64) from a 7.9 to a 7.5. I'm not sure what's up with that since this drive is supposed to be faster than my old drive, but oh well. I took off an star for the lowered performance. It doesn't come with a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter either, so I had to get one of those separately.
on November 6, 2013
Excellent drive! Windows XP Pro SP 3 was able to initialize, partition and format the drive just fine with the older mobo drive controller on my MSI KAG Neo 2 mobo installed, as is, from the factory with no BIOS flash upgrade or overclocking enabled. It does all of this with a plain vanilla-flavored MSI BIOS. It's been running fine now for over a year.

Research on this drive shows it has the professional grade buffers and drive writers used in their military grade and server grade SSDs. The price is reasonable and it makes a great C drive. All my data is on D anyway, so I don't need a ton of space. Really the only reason for 120Gigs is to give some breathing room for Windows virtual memory management and for temp folders created by various programs. Otherwise, Windows XP SP3 doesn't take much room at all, less than 30G. Even with Pinnacle's Studio 13 Platinum fully loaded with all the accessory plug-ins (a 10 disc set), I'm only using about 40% of the drive space. Considering that Pinnacle's Studio 13 is a pudgy program, I think I'm doing well. Edits on the video timeline in Studio 13 are going way faster a smoothly with this SSD under it.

Standard platter drives are a thing of the past when installing a new C drive because of the speed and reliability of SSDs. This drive allows Symantec's Endpoint Protection to run much more quickly than a standard HDD. A startup scan only takes about 15 minutes now instead of an hour.

One word of advice...all manufacturers of SSDs say not to defragment your SSDs, so DON'T, you could mess up the FAT and maybe even the partition. Older versions of Windows cannot manage defrag of newer SSDs, just like DOS can't really manage CHKDSK real well on big regular drives of today either. So just don't use it on the Verbatim, or any other SSD. It's not necessary, really. Just make sure you format using NTFS file structure to allow maximum file packing management in Windows. I have not tried this drive under a 64 bit architecture. My review here is based on 32 bit only.
on March 23, 2016
The 3 year warranty on this drive is almost exactly how long it lasts. Beware, set up a calendar reminder, and on a 2.5 year mark back this drive up and replace it. Mine died after 3.5 years of use and SSDs die a violent death unlike HDDs - they give no warning, no lost sectors, no read errors, - SSD just dies suddenly.
on June 10, 2013
Excitedly I imaged my hard drive to this flashy new SSD. It worked extremely well, for exactly 3 days. After that my machine wouldn't boot and all data on the device was lost.

Look, you might be attracted to the lower price of this drive but do yourself a favor and avoid it.
66 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2013
I'm running 2 of these in RAID-0 on my ASRock Z77 Professional board. I have zero complaints about the product. The build quality seems to be very good and the performance is good over-all. These installed and were set-up without a hitch. The PC is very fast and responsive while running these. Boot-up and shut-down times are excellent. After running various disk performance benchmarks, I'd say these are good, but not great performing. Obviously, some benchmarks favor certain SSD controllers more than others, so the one that favors the Sandforce makes these seem lightning fast, but the ones that show more "real world" performance show these as a bit more average (of performance oriented drives). With that said though, the price point was great and they seem like a solid drive. Again, I have no complaints as they run great.

I will upload screenshots of various disk benchmarks (so please see the user submitted photos).
review image review image
on January 17, 2013
I initially rated this drive high back in early 2013 however now with the prices dropping of SSD's I would suggest a different drive. The price of over $120 and not being the fastest on the market anymore would have me looking somewhere else. I switched to Kingston HyperX drives which for me work fine and run circles around this verbatim drives and I can usually get them on sale for $90-$100.
The pros of this drive is a very high rating for drop, vibration and stress tests. It is a pretty beefy drive being a metal case.
on June 11, 2013
Bought 1/31/13 ....drive died 6/9/13....tested all parts, replaced cable, changed connection....still dead.....now booting from old HDD with old OS until I can figure out how to get Win7 off of dead drive and install on new SDD from other mfg...........not much more to be said......worked great until it didn't.....conveniently died after the warranty expired...total loss....should have spent the extra $20.....bought Verbatum because of name recognition from the old PC days......going back to more expensive Intel.....

See 1 answered question