Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Martha Stewart American Made Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now Tikes

I read a lot of the reviews, good and bad, before trying out this app. (Kindle Fire HD 8.9")

Unlike some reported, for me the app saved images and I had no trouble finding them afterward, and it does have some nice features.

The deal-breaker was too severe for me to consider using this app at all. Even with saving the image at its high resolution, it left the image corrupted by compression artifacts that did not exist in the original image.

So if you can imagine starting out with a perfectly sharp, clear picture, then winding up with a picture that has blurs and smears at every edge and color interface - that's what you get with this app. I had done my first test with a simple crop and save.

So to double check this, I loaded an image, did absolutely nothing to it, and then saved it with the "ultra high" resolution option.

I wound up with an image that was ruined by compression artifacts.

In today's world of high resolution images and big, big device memory, there is no excuse for that result from any image handling software, even one for a tablet or phone device.

I'll be dumping this software as soon as I submit this review.
on November 29, 2012
I loved this app - it worked very well and was pretty intuitive; however I've had an issue with the app for MONTHS and have not been able to get ONE response to my many emails to the developer.

PROBLEM - Images will no longer save, post

I can alter images all day long, however the images will no longer save ANYWHERE.
Until the recent update - CUSTOM save option would not even display, where I could see if it the images were being placed somewhere unknown(even though searching all files failed to find any)

When I try to save - its goes through processing as if it is...but nothing.

I wasn't certain if this was related to the Jellybean update it was around that time, but I've not seen this complaint in other reviews or something else. Trying to get any help/response from the developer is about as effective as trying to save something I've done in this app.

I saw what could have been a similar review today and a note that the "lite" app still saves - so I tried that...and low-and behold it does...however you don't have all of the features.

I don't know if the "save" screen should be the same and it is not in the PRO version - missing Email and share option.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2012
The application itself is beautiful and well equipt to contend with higher end mobile photo aplications.

The problem that I'm having is something that should be simple. I can't save my photos. I can share them to twitter or Facebook but they will not save to my gallery.

Please fix this and make it possible for me to share to other applications from this app itself.
on July 10, 2013
If you would like to save your pictures, don't waste your money---you can edit them till you're blue in the face but recently they completely stopped saving or sharing properly. I just noticed a few weeks ago but have no idea how long it's been going on (I didn't use the app for a few months). Customer support won't respond to inquiries, either.

The lite version saves..but unfortunately doesn't allow photo overlay, which is why I purchased this app instead of using the lite version anyway.

Now I'm stuck trying to find another app that does this and allows me to share. Just a friendly warning, if you're paying for it....don't.

Galaxy S4
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2013
This is a very nice photo app that will let you use your Kindle Fire HD camera more fully or edit photos on your original Fire. I picked up the free version first and liked it well enough that I bought the paid version back in December 2012 for $2.50. It's been upgraded considerably.

Some of the reviews, not the current ones, say you can't save photos you've edited; I'm not sure if it's something they've fixed since a prior version, but you can--it is somewhat confusing though, it could look like you can only save to FB. But there are two buttons, one that says Save with a right-pointing arrow, and one that says Facebook. Clicking on the Save button saves to your device.

When you first open it up, you'll see a black screen with a little picture icon in the lower left corner. Tap on that and choose Camera, Gallery or Facebook. If you choose Camera, you'll be able to take a picture and edit that in the app. Selecting FB just got me a spinner. Gallery opened up the pictures on the device (make sure "Device" is selected at the top if you don't see the pics you want).

If you pick Camera, and have other apps that use the camera, you'll be given the choice of Camera or the other app(s). Note that when you pick Camera, you'll be given options to adjust the settings on your camera. Tap on the woven looking icon surrounding the blue shutter button to adjust the white balance (AW), exposure (+/-), the scene mode (auto, action, night, sunset, party--I'm thinking this is shutter speed?) and a menu icon that lets you set the store location and the picture size--I recommend the defaults for these).

Edit options include autofix, crop, straighten, brightness, color, blemishes, red eye, focal point, tilt & shift, fish eye, sharpness, and rotate. There are filters, frames, and extras such as background fill, add an image layer, stickers, pointers, Attention (lets you place a shape around something), sketch, text, meme maker, colorize, speech (lets you add thought bubbles).

All in all, quite a good app. It also works on my Samsung Galaxy 2.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2012
After the update when I try to save the picture it does not save anywhere. Then application was good since the new update you can edit it but can't save it so what's the point. Please fix.

S3 user
on November 8, 2012
Purchased this app after using the free version, after the purchase have not been able to bring up an image from my gallery it keeps going round and round asking from where to pull the picture.
on June 22, 2012
I would call this app a work in progress if they want to make $5 a purchase. Compared to other similar apps like PicSay Pro and Camera Zoom FX, this app is still lacking in features. However, this app worked well on my acer a500 ICS tablet and the layout was good. The features are well labeled and shows previews, the layout seems well suited for someone without much technical knowledge, grandma could figure out this app and easy edit and upload pics of her grandkids for example. Bottom line, this app is great for beginners and casual users, but most will find the features limited for now, let's hope they have some major updates planned for the future.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2012
A quick, easy, and surprisingly full-featured mobile photo editor. I'll agree that the dev needs to work on compatibility; it's a great app, but when so many people can't even use it it's hard to argue against the negative reviews.

Moto Droid 4
on July 13, 2012
This app is 100000000% awesome!!!!!!! It works amazing on my Kindle Fire. I wish i could give it more stars.
For those of u that are wondering what this app does, it allows u to take any pic from ur library and make it look however u want it. U can change lighting and stuff like that...but also speech bubbles and headlines. U can do anything to a pic w/ this app!!!!