Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on April 14, 2012
I love the format of the news feeds! it is so easy to read that I find myself checking the news every time I open up my Kindle Fire.
0Comment116 of 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2012
It is an awesome app for News. A very simple interface to go through the news in a super fast way. I really like the text-to-speech feature, it helps me listen to the news when I am not able to read news. to control the app features by shaking the phone makes it easier to handle. I can read the news in a amazingly fast speed. 5 star worth app.
Update: recently baught galaxy note.text to speech was not shutting down and had to turn off the phone. But the latest update has fixed the problem beautifully. Now it works smoothly on my galaxy note as well. Thank you newshog for making this update. This app looks awesome on galaxy note. I am sticking with my 5 star rating, it's worth it.
0Comment113 of 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2012
This is a wonderful news app for Kindle Fire. I love that I can get a quick look at the headlines then read the articles that catch my interest. I really enjoy the news reader feature when my "older " eyes get weary. Thank you Newshog for a great app : )
on April 4, 2012
I have tried several news readers over the years. This one may be the best. Or maybe it just matches the way my mind works. At any rate I think you will like it.
on March 31, 2012
I enjoyed this app quite a bit and used it for a couple of weeks, but since the 6.3 update came out for the KF, I've found this thing looping in the background, soaking up battery and wifi time. I downloaded a sysinfo app and was able to identify the Newshog app as the one that was draining the battery in a few hours while it was idle.

I'll be watching it closely. I did force close and restart it and it seems to be behaving now.
11 comment19 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2013
At first I wasn't impressed with the looks of this app and deleted it. But I decided to give it a second chance when I read it had text to speech and also personalized topics. Interesting!
So another install and some tinkering around and I have to say that this is a pretty nifty tool. Sure I think some other apps look better but this one has some really cool features. If, like me, you aren't drawn to this app at first, give it a chance. I think you will change your mind about it!
on July 19, 2012
I'm a news reader big time. If the app is junk I delete it. I'm still with this 1. There's a lot to read out there!
0Comment72 of 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2012
I had to uninstall because at 5:27pm every day it would start reading out loud on my Kindle Fire. There was nothing in the set up menu to enable or disable reading out loud.
I like the basic set up but hate the automatic reading. I want to read quietly to myself.
11 comment19 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2012
Good source of major news items when you need it. Good variety of stories from a lot of different sites.
on December 29, 2012
A good general purpose news app but it needs refinement. To many news items are repeated and the selection of articles is limited. There should also be sub- categories for each heading, such as US NEWS, International NEWS, etc.