Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now STEM

on April 14, 2012
I love the format of the news feeds! it is so easy to read that I find myself checking the news every time I open up my Kindle Fire.
0Comment|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2012
This is a wonderful news app for Kindle Fire. I love that I can get a quick look at the headlines then read the articles that catch my interest. I really enjoy the news reader feature when my "older " eyes get weary. Thank you Newshog for a great app : )
on March 2, 2012
It is an awesome app for News. A very simple interface to go through the news in a super fast way. I really like the text-to-speech feature, it helps me listen to the news when I am not able to read news. to control the app features by shaking the phone makes it easier to handle. I can read the news in a amazingly fast speed. 5 star worth app.
Update: recently baught galaxy note.text to speech was not shutting down and had to turn off the phone. But the latest update has fixed the problem beautifully. Now it works smoothly on my galaxy note as well. Thank you newshog for making this update. This app looks awesome on galaxy note. I am sticking with my 5 star rating, it's worth it.
0Comment|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2012
I enjoyed this app quite a bit and used it for a couple of weeks, but since the 6.3 update came out for the KF, I've found this thing looping in the background, soaking up battery and wifi time. I downloaded a sysinfo app and was able to identify the Newshog app as the one that was draining the battery in a few hours while it was idle.

I'll be watching it closely. I did force close and restart it and it seems to be behaving now.
on April 4, 2012
I have tried several news readers over the years. This one may be the best. Or maybe it just matches the way my mind works. At any rate I think you will like it.
on January 5, 2013
At first I wasn't impressed with the looks of this app and deleted it. But I decided to give it a second chance when I read it had text to speech and also personalized topics. Interesting!
So another install and some tinkering around and I have to say that this is a pretty nifty tool. Sure I think some other apps look better but this one has some really cool features. If, like me, you aren't drawn to this app at first, give it a chance. I think you will change your mind about it!
on October 31, 2012
I had to uninstall because at 5:27pm every day it would start reading out loud on my Kindle Fire. There was nothing in the set up menu to enable or disable reading out loud.
I like the basic set up but hate the automatic reading. I want to read quietly to myself.
on July 19, 2012
I'm a news reader big time. If the app is junk I delete it. I'm still with this 1. There's a lot to read out there!
on August 14, 2014
News hog was an okay app, convenient and easy to customize. And it still is, but now cluttered up with popup (really pop over) ad pages that randomly appear, and must be closed. I have uninstalled and gone with a less obnoxious application.
on December 29, 2012
A good general purpose news app but it needs refinement. To many news items are repeated and the selection of articles is limited. There should also be sub- categories for each heading, such as US NEWS, International NEWS, etc.