Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

Price:$361.51 - $806.00

on September 8, 2012
My wife and I used this tent for the first time in Yosemite last week. It is definitely the best tent I have ever owned and I could really tell the difference in quality. The tent poles were much higher quality than I have ever seen and the design of the tent is ingenious. The cross section of the bars keeps the rain fly lifted off the tent, so the tent has wonderful ventilation. The vestibules are roomy and the materials are all top notch. Its easy to set up and easy to take down and return to the bag. I was fortunate and bought this tent on sale and saved about $75, but I still think the tent would be worth it at full price. My wife and I could not be more pleased with the tent!
on April 24, 2014
I slept in the tent for 1 week in Rio Dulce Izabal Guatemala Central America. It rained very hard, not one drop of water came into the tent. We had to wait until the day cooled down because the tent is a little warm. When I took the tent apart one of the pull straps that helps stretch one of the pole pockets for the rain fly did come unsewn but it still held on. I will sew it back up. No big deal, but this is why I did not give it 5 stars.
on December 1, 2015
Fantastic tent for 2 people and a dog. 4 person would be for people only and no gear but 2 people and a large dog with gear fits perfectly. Well built and engineered. Comes with a great rain flap and tarp and is very robust in its build. The canopy that stores items overhead it also super useful. A perfect 3 season tent for the above use and super easy to put together with one person on 3-5 minutes. Would highly recommend for camping and backpacking.
on September 8, 2014
This tent is too heavy to go on a long hike with unless you separate the tent between two or more people.
The tent is very easy to set up and take down and I like how most of the condensation goes out onto the rain fly and drips down onto the ground, but I still bring my military bivy sack to keep my sleeping bag from getting too damp from the condensation that didn't escape onto the rain fly.
I can put a chair in the middle of this tent and sit up straight and I'm 6' foot tall.
It's nice to have two doors to let cool air through and easily go out which ever door you want to.

The tent stakes I recommend are either the 7" X3 Anchor Stakes or the 9" X3 Anchor Stakes.

Here are the things I recommend for being comfortable in a tent.
I highly recommend the Crazy Creek HexaLite 2.0 PowerLounger or the Therm-A-Rest Trekker Lounge or the Big Agnes Helinox - Cot One. I also recommend having a Zebralight H600 model headlight and a SunJack CampLight USB Bulb with a PowerFilm USB+AA Solar Charger to plug the sunjack bulb into. Then I also recommend a large pee jug, so you don't have to get up and go outside to pee.

For sitting outside, I highly recommend the Walkstool Comfort 18" inch. and a taller sized Walkstool Comfort for the bigger people.

To chop wood for the fire, I recommend a hatchet or axe, a Zero Tolerance ZT0100 Military knife and a limb lopper to cut up tree limbs. Then the camp stove I recommend is the Solo Stove Titan & Solo Pot 1800.

It's also nice to bring along an aqua quest camo tarp and a hammaka hammock with an ENO bugnet.

Here's a great and easy way to fold up an aqua quest camo tarp. Look up on youtube, Folding a Hutchie or Tarp
on May 18, 2016
We bought this tent in 2012 (so it was the older version), for a camping trip through Europe. The tent was taken down and put back up at least every other day, for 3 months. Since we started our trip in September, you can imagine that it got quite cold while we were there.

This tent was amazing. It was there, with us through huge wind storms, rain storms, being pitched in what were basically mud pits, etc. A couple times, we woke up with a bit of a chill on our noses, and couldn’t unzip the tent until we chipped the ice off of the zipper. The tent was actually frozen solid and we couldn’t pack it up until it had thawed, in the afternoon. Yes, we know it is not meant for winter camping, but it did work!

We will always love this tent, since it’s been through so much with us, and still appears to be brand new. We were car camping, through 17 countries, so we didn’t have to carry it very far. That being said, it is extremely lightweight.

As far as room in concerned, we had a queen size air mattress in there, to sleep on (bad idea if you want to stay warm, by the way), and still had a ton of room on both sides.

Besides the car and a few friends’ houses, this WAS our home for 3 months. It’s an awesome little tent. I can’t fault it.

I still love this tent, and will keep using it for any camping we might do. I think that it has been such a huge part of our lives that when it finally dies, we will keep a piece of it for the memories.
on May 20, 2016
I have owned a LOT of tents (Eureka, Northface, Marmot, etc)...Backpacking, car camping, you name it I've got (or had) a tent for it. The Marmot Limestone 4 is a VERY nice tent - well constructed using quality materials. It is relatively easy to set up -although- as some reviewers have said be careful with the poles...Thankfully I've never bent/broken one but you can just -feel- that they are reaching their max-load when you're setting this thing up. The weight is quite satisfactory, very light (and compact) for a car camping tent and perhaps even light enough to strap onto your back for a -short- (!!!) hike to an off the road campsite. Where I have issues with this tent - and others of similar design is the ventilation. Quite simply, even with the rain fly "shagged" up to half mast this is one hot tent. Strap the rain fly down, close up the vestibule and it's a sweat box in anything north of 75 degrees. Even my daughter, who has one of the widest temperature "comfort zones" of anyone I know says this tent is uncomfortable during warmer weather. While I may occasionally use this tent in the early spring or late fall...I'll never consider it for a "go to" tent for a summer trip...For that reason I'm going 3 stars.
on September 22, 2015
Hi, I just spent 12 days in the White Mountains of NH. The tent performed well, providing good ventilation on 80F days, keeping me dry in torrential thunderstorms. It's a good idea to keep it staked down in case it gets windy. It is a 3 season tent, so it provides little warmth on cool nights. It's easy to set up and take down, even for one person. I highly recommend this tent for 2 of 3 people.
on October 18, 2012
We are a family of seasoned BWCA veterans looking for a replacement of old 4 person tent. I brought this one home and assembled it in a basement. Great quality and design, light, simple enough installation, looks reliable and built well.
The issue is, however, that 4 person will fit in the tent, but it is smaller than needed to have any personal belongings inside or even to sleep comfortably. So, the tent is in fact good for 3 people. To fit 4 person with minimum personal staff the tent has to be one foot wider, as our old Jeep branded tent purchased in Sams for $50 was. Otherwise, great 3 person tent with amenities.
on November 20, 2015
I have been researching 4 person backpacking tents for a while and finally decided this was the best design and best deal available. I compared it to the REI Half Dome, North Face Talus, and the Alps Mountaineering Morada. In the end I decided to chose this over the Alps. They are both better quality than the REI or North Face. But in the end I went with the Marmot because it comes with the footprint and gear loft plus it's lighter, more breathable, and has bigger doors than the Morada. It also provides a more squared off design which gives you more interior room. They are both good tents at this price point and you can't go wrong with either of them. It's a shame Amazon doesn't have a decent relationship with Morada or a distributor so you can get a decent price here.
on October 18, 2015
I have been searching for about a year for a 4 person, 3-season tent. I have a 3-person Eureka Apex, but needed to go larger to use my cot, and they don't make one larger.

Anyhow, back to the Marmot. It was used this weekend on a scouting campout where temperatures went to 30 degrees overnight. I opted to let my boys be the "test drivers". The boys were happy with it, overall, other than my 6' son commenting that the tent itself is "short" and harder to get changed in. The second night, while they did Wilderness Survival, another scout used the tent and commented that he was warm.

There seemed to be a bit of condensation under the rainfly (not true in the Apex - each tent slept one person on the second night).

I didn't realize that there was no way to cover the teardrop window. I really thought the screened door would have a covering, or the window on the rainfly would have a way to be covered. I don't appreciate being the only female on site, and having a window that can't be covered is something I have to really consider keeping.