Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

Price:$342.50 - $792.00

on September 8, 2012
My wife and I used this tent for the first time in Yosemite last week. It is definitely the best tent I have ever owned and I could really tell the difference in quality. The tent poles were much higher quality than I have ever seen and the design of the tent is ingenious. The cross section of the bars keeps the rain fly lifted off the tent, so the tent has wonderful ventilation. The vestibules are roomy and the materials are all top notch. Its easy to set up and easy to take down and return to the bag. I was fortunate and bought this tent on sale and saved about $75, but I still think the tent would be worth it at full price. My wife and I could not be more pleased with the tent!
on April 24, 2014
I slept in the tent for 1 week in Rio Dulce Izabal Guatemala Central America. It rained very hard, not one drop of water came into the tent. We had to wait until the day cooled down because the tent is a little warm. When I took the tent apart one of the pull straps that helps stretch one of the pole pockets for the rain fly did come unsewn but it still held on. I will sew it back up. No big deal, but this is why I did not give it 5 stars.
on December 1, 2015
Fantastic tent for 2 people and a dog. 4 person would be for people only and no gear but 2 people and a large dog with gear fits perfectly. Well built and engineered. Comes with a great rain flap and tarp and is very robust in its build. The canopy that stores items overhead it also super useful. A perfect 3 season tent for the above use and super easy to put together with one person on 3-5 minutes. Would highly recommend for camping and backpacking.
on September 8, 2014
This tent is too heavy to go on a long hike with unless you separate the tent between two or more people.
The tent is very easy to set up and take down and I like how most of the condensation goes out onto the rain fly and drips down onto the ground, but I still bring my military bivy sack to keep my sleeping bag from getting too damp from the condensation that didn't escape onto the rain fly.
I can put a chair in the middle of this tent and sit up straight and I'm 6' foot tall.
It's nice to have two doors to let cool air through and easily go out which ever door you want to.

The tent stakes I recommend are either the 7" X3 Anchor Stakes or the 9" X3 Anchor Stakes.

Here are the things I recommend for being comfortable in a tent.
I highly recommend the Crazy Creek HexaLite 2.0 PowerLounger or the Therm-A-Rest Trekker Lounge or the Big Agnes Helinox - Cot One. I also recommend having a Zebralight H600 model headlight and a SunJack CampLight USB Bulb with a PowerFilm USB+AA Solar Charger to plug the sunjack bulb into. Then I also recommend a large pee jug, so you don't have to get up and go outside to pee.

For sitting outside, I highly recommend the Walkstool Comfort 18" inch. and a taller sized Walkstool Comfort for the bigger people.

To chop wood for the fire, I recommend a hatchet or axe, a Zero Tolerance ZT0100 Military knife and a limb lopper to cut up tree limbs. Then the camp stove I recommend is the Solo Stove Titan & Solo Pot 1800.

It's also nice to bring along an aqua quest camo tarp and a hammaka hammock with an ENO bugnet.

Here's a great and easy way to fold up an aqua quest camo tarp. Look up on youtube, Folding a Hutchie or Tarp
on September 22, 2015
Hi, I just spent 12 days in the White Mountains of NH. The tent performed well, providing good ventilation on 80F days, keeping me dry in torrential thunderstorms. It's a good idea to keep it staked down in case it gets windy. It is a 3 season tent, so it provides little warmth on cool nights. It's easy to set up and take down, even for one person. I highly recommend this tent for 2 of 3 people.
on October 18, 2012
We are a family of seasoned BWCA veterans looking for a replacement of old 4 person tent. I brought this one home and assembled it in a basement. Great quality and design, light, simple enough installation, looks reliable and built well.
The issue is, however, that 4 person will fit in the tent, but it is smaller than needed to have any personal belongings inside or even to sleep comfortably. So, the tent is in fact good for 3 people. To fit 4 person with minimum personal staff the tent has to be one foot wider, as our old Jeep branded tent purchased in Sams for $50 was. Otherwise, great 3 person tent with amenities.
on November 20, 2015
I have been researching 4 person backpacking tents for a while and finally decided this was the best design and best deal available. I compared it to the REI Half Dome, North Face Talus, and the Alps Mountaineering Morada. In the end I decided to chose this over the Alps. They are both better quality than the REI or North Face. But in the end I went with the Marmot because it comes with the footprint and gear loft plus it's lighter, more breathable, and has bigger doors than the Morada. It also provides a more squared off design which gives you more interior room. They are both good tents at this price point and you can't go wrong with either of them. It's a shame Amazon doesn't have a decent relationship with Morada or a distributor so you can get a decent price here.
on October 18, 2015
I have been searching for about a year for a 4 person, 3-season tent. I have a 3-person Eureka Apex, but needed to go larger to use my cot, and they don't make one larger.

Anyhow, back to the Marmot. It was used this weekend on a scouting campout where temperatures went to 30 degrees overnight. I opted to let my boys be the "test drivers". The boys were happy with it, overall, other than my 6' son commenting that the tent itself is "short" and harder to get changed in. The second night, while they did Wilderness Survival, another scout used the tent and commented that he was warm.

There seemed to be a bit of condensation under the rainfly (not true in the Apex - each tent slept one person on the second night).

I didn't realize that there was no way to cover the teardrop window. I really thought the screened door would have a covering, or the window on the rainfly would have a way to be covered. I don't appreciate being the only female on site, and having a window that can't be covered is something I have to really consider keeping.
on July 4, 2015
Got the 4 person sleeps three great. Fits a queen air mattress perfect. Well made. Super easy to set up. Love it.
on November 19, 2015
Great tent. Easy setup. Spacious. Plenty of ventilation. Comes with everything you need. A great buy.