Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on May 17, 2012
The website is quite confusing on the products. The womens' & mens' are all in the same web site. I bought one for myself and another one for my husband and that's how I found out the difference. If there is a zipper near the Marmot logo, then it is a man. The woman jacket has only side pockets. The man's is more boxy look but the woman's has a shape to it.

I bought a woman's Team Red (it's a VERY bright red colour), size S. Measurements:
inner armpit to the bottom of the jacket :17"
inner left armpit to inner right armpit: 20"
inner armpit to the end of the sleeve: 21.5"

A man's black, size L. Measurements:
inner armpit to the bottom of the jacket length:18"
inner left armpit to inner right armpit: 24"
inner armpit to the end of the sleeve: 23"

I hope this helps.
11 comment|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2015
I had crazy high hopes for this rain jacket. I read almost every review and the ones that had low stars, I assumed they were sweating in the jacket. I figured there was no way water would be getting through this thing, especially brand new!! I wore it today at work (I am an arborist) and it did pretty awesome for about 45 mins. After 4 hours in a light rain I took the jacket off to get in the truck and realized that the inside was soaked. It was wet all along the shoulders and the waist. This was a very light rain, almost a heavy mist. I was wearing a fleece underneath it and did not feel the water through that. I know for a fact I did not sweat, and no way in hell I sweat through the fleece. This is a rain jacket. It has one purpose. It does not do what it is made for. Check my pics. Note: these pictures were taken after I arrived back to our shop, when I removed the jacket on the job site there was water everywhere a dark spot is. Enough water that I needed a towel to dry out the inside of my rain jacket.
review image review image
on March 18, 2015
I'm a huge Marmot fan, but this jacket was disappointing.
First impression: Wow, a lightweight rain jacket that fits comfortably and moves with zero restriction!
Impression after the first rain storm: Huh, a rain jacket that isn't waterproof...

Seriously, I have to assume that either 1) I got a defective jacket or 2) All these positive reviews are from people who have not used it in the rain.

When I tried this on in REI, I was blown away by how well it fit and moved. It was much more comfortable than any other Goretex jacket in the store. I took it home and waited for rain, just so I could walk around in it and not get soaked. I live in Oregon, so I didn't have to wait long... The first time I took it outside in a real downpour, I noticed the jacket sticking to my forearms like they were wet inside. I thought maybe I had gotten water up the sleeve somehow, but then it got worse. My arms were wet and then it started soaking though to my shoulders. when I got back inside, I took it off and sure enough, water had leaked through the seams in the arms and across my back leaving my shirt very wet. I would assume this was just a quality control issue, but it sounds like lots of other people have this problem too... Sent it back; I might try another one just to see if it works any better, but I will never have real confidence that the seams wont start to leak.

Test this jacket before you really need to rely on it to keep you dry! You may be end up very wet/cold/disappointed.
on November 8, 2012
I use this jacket to commute by bike to work, and I've had it for about a month. For biking specifically, it's really great - it has a slim fit so that it isn't blowing in the wind, it has nice long sleeves (I have long arms and so my wrists end up cold if I'm riding a bike), and the hood tucks nicely behind your head so that it doesn't catch the wind. The jacket is long enough that it isn't riding up your back when you're on a bike - though it doesn't have the extra long back like you find with bike-secific jackets (which I don't like). I wear a Marmot light jacket underneath, and then just a T-shirt, and I've been comfortable down to about 35-40 degrees so far.

Fit - I'm 6'2" 165 pounds, and the large fits me perfectly. This isn't a baggy bulky jacket. It has a minimal weight to it, but feels substantial enough to be more than just a rain coat. It's truly a wind-proof water proof shell (thanks to Hurricane Sandy, I know this for sure!). As an outer layer, I think this thing will get me through the winter.

I don't really have any negatives to say about it.
on June 4, 2012
This jacket is everything I hoped it would be. Lightweight, waterproof, and as simple as can be. As a hiker, kayaker, and living in one of the rainiest places on the planet I needed a jacket that i could always carry with me over mountains and through killer valley's, and this is it. Fits nice even for the small guy like myself. Great jacket, pac-lite fabric feels like it should last. Well done marmot!

This is an all around winner 4 season jacket. Perfect for summer storms and great when layered for winter. That is the main reason I purchased it. I wanted a good breathable jacket to block the wind and moisture from the winter storms while hiking and backpacking. Great price!
on May 15, 2015
I was a little scared to order this jacket after some of the claims that it was not waterproof. I wore it out sailing as a test and it rained on and off the whole time I was out there (plus spray from sailing) and this jacket kept me dry the 3 or 4 hours I was on the water. The medium fit me well and I have no complaints!
on February 15, 2013
It's definitely minimalist. If you need a gore-tex rain coat for the min price this is your solution. Make sure to buy one size up from usual as they run small, especially on the bottom.
on December 6, 2014
This genuine, waterproof GoreTex jacket is amazing. Thin, lightweight, waterproof, and breathable. It is comfortable and fitted as if it was mad for me... almost.

Although I can't say enough good things about this jacket, I have found one flaw that I just can't get by: the waist is small. I know it's supposed to fit "tightly" to ensure that it's waterproof, but it's almost TOO tight. The button and beginning teeth of the zipper (at the bottom) just BARELY fit around my waist, and I'm not a big guy.

I can't go up a size, since the size I bought almost looks too big as is... but that would be the only way to get a waist that fits better. The waist DOESN'T fit as it does in the picture. It's DEFINITELY smaller than the "body" of the jacket.

Other than that, I have no other complaints. This jacket have proved itself to be VERY waterproof, and is one of the most comfortable rain jackets I have ever worn. It's so thin and lightweight that I can pack it in my backpack and forget it's there until I need it.

I'd recommend it, but MUST point out the small waist.
on November 14, 2015
Pretty spendy, but you get what you pay for here. I use this for hiking, and it is a touch shell. I use a polypro or sweatshirt underneath and remain dry and warm. I have been pretty rough on it (walking through thick brush and climbing rocky cliffs along the beach) and have not experienced any tears. I am 5'7" 160lbs and the medium fits me perfectly (with or without a sweatshirt underneath).
on March 26, 2014
I needed a waterproof breathable shell that had pit zips, a hood that fit over a helmet, and could be layered underneath for winter and summer in the mountains. I started with a Rab Viper mainly because of color availability at the store where I was purchasing. That quickly proved to be a big mistake. I took it back and special ordered the Minimalist in the color I wanted. I love this jacket. Internal lining is substantial, blocks wind, pockets in the right places, ability to velcro the top when hanging on a hanger. I think the sizing is spot on (6'1", 185 lbs with a large). If I could change any one thing about it, I would add a bottom zipper for extra ventilation options but that is really minimal in the big scheme. I expect to wear this jacket out over the next 6 years of 4 season use.