Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

VINE VOICEon October 17, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this for my almost four year old son who loves trains and transportation in general. He has a wooden Chuggington set but not the die cast version so this was our first.

Out of the box it was easy to set up. A few minutes of putting pieces together and we were ready to go. At first glance, I thought "Well, this isn't going to last long." To me, it seemed like a very limited toy; there was only so much you can do with it. However my son's eyes lit up and he's been playing with it for a week now and hasn't gotten tired of it. I think the part that really tickles him is making the cones fly off when the train rushes by. We also discovered that you can make the turntable spin if you turn it a certain way. It's not reliable but when it works, Wilson zooms down with a whoosh, spins the sign, the cones fly off, then lands on the turn table which spins around crazily. He loves it!

I figured when he gets tired of it, we can put the track into the different configurations but so far, he hasn't gotten bored. He plays with it everyday and for extended periods so I'm impressed. We've gotten more play than I thought we would so definite thumbs up here.

Edit 10/27/2012: After playing a couple weeks, we finally decided to take the track apart and try the other configurations. Bad move. The other two configurations were poorly designed with the train falling off or not building up enough speed. We tried to design our own configuration but the downhill segments only turn one direction which severely limited what you could do. Had to take off a star for that.
VINE VOICEon December 2, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My best friend's son is a brilliant 3 year old boy who loves trains. The minute he saw the box he was literally slack-jawed and almost shaking with excitement. As he watched (and tried to help) this giant train track being constructed, he could barely wait.

The original layout works the best and is the easiest to set up. Train track is sturdy and not prone to tipping or breaking. There are lots of sounds and lights to add interest, and the AA batteries are included in the package.

Everett is into speed, and this thing is fast! So fast that cones fly off the tracks and the turntable spins the train around. All he wanted to do was set that up over and over again.

I think this a toy that he can grow into, and as he learns to put things together and can create different tracks it will be even more fun.
VINE VOICEon September 27, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We bought the original Chuggington Die Cast set right after it was introduced. That was the one with the tab like track that was very difficult to put together, even for me. Much less the children. They never played with the old set because it was so hard to do.

I'm really happy about the new style of track. This one is sort of hexagon shaped and it goes together much easier. The ends have circles on the sides, which match up to the circles on the trestles, making the track sturdier. The trestles also snap together. Because of that, my 2 year old had a little trouble putting it together, but the 6 year old didn't. He saw me put it together once and was very soon making his own layouts and moving parts like he had been playing with it for a while. Neither of us had trouble connecting the parts. I did notice (thank you Tomy!) that the parts are labeled on the bottom with the same letters that the instructions show. That's a cool touch.

This initial set is a nice size. I like that it is expandable, thanks to the roundhouse style turntable. The first time we sent Wilson down I didn't realize that he would trigger the turntable to spin! He kinda flew off! You have to set the turntable to the correct side of it for it to trigger, I think. There are 3 places for additional track to be connected off the turntable, so this can easily become a much larger set, once more is released (hint hint Tomy...).

The sounds from the Storm Maker are a little loud, so we covered the speaker with a piece of scotch tape and it's much better. It was funny to see my 2 year old jump when it made a sound a few seconds after we were playing with it! (Like a "hey don't forget to play with me" chime or something.) For that reason, make sure you turn the Storm Maker off when you're done playing!

The description says it has "exciting lights" and I have not found those at all. I see nothing that lights up, unless I'm just really missing it. It does not say in the description that there is a rolling stock car that comes with Wilson, but there is.

There is also an included adapter to connect this new style of track to the old. That will be handy for making larger sets since we do have a bit of the old track! I really hope that there will be adapters for sale when track packs come out so we can make a loop connecting the whole set.

Just a tip for set up...the instructions say to put the bumper part at the top (back of the Storm Maker) but we found that if you use the track indicated for "track to floor" in that space, it's much easier to load the train into the top for launching. A few squished fingers discovered this since we were trying to put Wilson in from the side and the 2 year old wanted to pull the lever before we were ready!

I liked that it had the batteries included as well. It was ready to go, out of the box, as soon as we could get it set up!

I have uploaded a picture so you can see a pretty good representation of how big the set is when finished.
review image
on July 14, 2014
This is I think one of the best toys we have bought our 2 year old son, he LOVES it!!!! Such an awesome toy! Well with $37 I paid, don't get scammed into paying more walmart and target sell it for around the same price, definitely under $40! Wilson and his cart come with this track. We also purchased 5 other trains, definitely recommend buying this and other trains, it's sooooo much fun!!!! Even our daughter loves it! It does come apart somewhat when the kids try to move it(drag it really) but the pieces snap together so easily ....don't let that deter you from this. It really is an awesome buy! So exited that other tracks can connect to this, we are for sure buying more!!!!! It's also a really good size that this track is all you need if you have limited space.
on February 5, 2013
He's 2.5 and has not stopped talking about "chiggers" since he opened this on Christmas. He plays with this for at least an hour at a time each time. The only problem is he keeps wanting more and more Chuggingington trains.
on December 28, 2012
I have gone through many differant toy train sets and could not find one that didn't seem to be just junk! Thomas no detail on the cars and the track system never stayed together Geo Trax I had the same issue. I had a Chuggington set before Chuggingtons All Around Town set and though the Track system was better then the others it still didn't seem to hold up but the engines and cars are very nicely detailed and take alot of play. This year I was considering again another train system I looked at Lionel Little Lines or maybe Wooden Thomas set but again no details and the track systems seemed to be junk. My daughter kept seeing this advertised and kept asking for Santa to bring her this I caved through the dice and though it is only 12-28 The track system is much much better the engine has great details on it and the overall system of pulling the lever so Wilson flys down the track works pretty decent. My daughter loves it, It comes with a track converter if you have any of the older sets which is nice. I am not disappointed this time.
on January 6, 2015
I love these. They aren't easy to assemble - in fact, I usually have to build these for them, but they are really sturdy once you get them together and are really versatile. the trick is to loop the track back through itself, to put caps on the top to keep them from falling apart and to have a fairly firm surface.
I enjoy building these sets; I'm better at that then pushing the wooden trains around a sprawling track so its a fun way for us all to play together.
on November 22, 2014
Some things are just a hit or a miss with kids and unfortunately this was just a miss. My son was very excited to get this, it was on the top of his birthday list. I can't see anything majorly wrong with it, just really didn't seem to have staying power for our son. He likes Chuggington trains and he loves to put things together, but this got very little use. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was trying to set it up in the other configurations, didn't seem to work that great.
on January 9, 2014
I was searching and searching for a track that was "high and tight" for Hot Wheels and this was exactly it! It's easy to assemble (and re-assemble since my 2.5 year old keeps destroying it) and works with all regular Hot Wheels cars. We haven't had any cars get stuck on the track.
on August 2, 2013
We've only had this a couple of days and my five year old boy/girl twins just love it. I just ordered another set so we can add it to this one and make it taller. It's very sturdy and well designed....the trains don't get stuck and go down the tracks seamlessly. We've only used it in the original 2 feet tall configuration that is pictured on the box, but it certainly is very easy to take apart and build in different ways. My twins have also used it for their other different brand trains, Matchbox and Hotwheel cars, and marbles....they all go down seamlessly and fly around the corners. The storm noises are a nice touch too. I thought at five years old my children might be a little too old for this toy as it's for ages three and up, but they really love it and I can't see them losing interest in it any time soon. Another great Tomy product. Do yourself a favor though and buy on Amazon...this product is $59.99 at Toys R Us.