Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

VINE VOICEon May 24, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This basket is very attractively packaged; the sweets are well displayed and the basket is fairly nice, as this sort of thing goes. The bow is attractive enough to save, and the basket holds a good variety, from biscotti to candy. The frustration-free packaging was easy to open and protected the contents very well.

The contents made nice snacks paired with coffee, with flavors running from very good to just so-so. The Cashew Roca is delicious, as Roca-brand treats always are, to my taste. The chocolate chip cookies barely earn the name, as they are very sandy shortbread (a texture unlike any I expect when I think "chocolate chip cookies") with tiny, scarce chips too small even to taste chocolaty. The fudge is tasty, although there are only two small pieces.

Therein lies my chief complaint: All of the items are very over-packaged for the amount of food they actually contain, making the basket appear much more generous than it actually is. For example, the fudge box measures 3 x 4 inches (that's it on the right in the picture of the filled basket), containing two pieces of fudge that measure just over an inch square: 12 square inches of box for about 2 inches of fudge. The Roca box (on the left in the picture) is 6 x 3-1/2 inches, with three small pieces of Roca in it. The cookie box was about 24 square inches, containing 2 ounces of itsy-bitsy cookies (each is about the size of a quarter).

There is no dishonesty in advertising here, as the basket clearly lists contents of just 11.9 ounces. However, the appearance is one of a large, bountiful basket full of treats, but it actually doesn't contain very much once all the packaging is disposed of.

At the right price, I would suggest this as a nice, small gift with an interesting variety of treats -- emphasis being on small.
on May 22, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There are eight items in this basket all of them sweets. There's a nice blend of tastes both for chocolate lovers and non-chocolate devotees. Most of the individual packages contain two to eight pieces. The basket the items come in is cute with two small side handles, not of the type that's reusable except for very light items and for a decorative purpose, not for hard use. The color of the boxes range from white, to beige to pink. There was a gold bow tied around the cellophane covered basket with pink paper shreds on the bottom.

Here is a breakdown of the individual items you'll receive:

Beth's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Almost bite sized cookies that have a shortbread texture. There are VERY few chips in them but that was fine with me because the cookies were delicious. I love that style of texture and taste. The box contained about eight to ten cookies. I'm not sure if it was the packaging or the style of cookie itself but they were a bit pulverized.

4/5 stars

Brown and Haley's Cashew Roca

One of my favorites! There were three individually wrapped, larger than expected cookies. They were extremely fresh which meant they had a slight crunch but they were easily chewable without sticking to your teeth. The chocolate was soft and melty.

5/5 stars

Claeys' Chocolate Fudge

I'm not fond of fudge because it's so sweet. The package contained two individually wrapped pieces. For me this was just ok.

3/5 stars

Dolcetto's Chocolate Cookies

These are the rolled, Italian like, flakey tube cookies and the outside was chocolate as well as the inside. Very fresh and though they were all in one package the flaking damage was minimal. The fudge inside was soft and gooey. Nice blend of soft and crunchy.

4.5/5 stars

Torani Chocolate Milano Biscotti

You receive one large biscotti. The chocolate is in the biscuit itself as opposed to being a coating, it's almost a bitter taste though not unpleasant, and it has a few nuts mixed in. The consistency is a bit too crunchy to my taste.

2/5 stars

Primo Dolce Truffle Cookies

There are two large cookies individually wrapped and oh my Goodness they're good! Each wrapper contains two thick wafers sealed together with chocolate; chocolate also surrounds both of them. Along with the Cashew Roca this was my favorite in the basket.

5/5 stars

Angelina's Sweet Butter Cookies

You receive ten average sized cookies, 4 round, two oblong, two pretzel shaped and two donut shaped. They're good; a nice relief from chocolate (is there such a thing?).

3.5/5 stars

Biscoff Caramelized Belgian Cookies

You receive six individual wrapped small rectangle shaped cookies. Very nice taste with no cloying sweetness. I would think these would go well served with Earl Grey Tea or black coffee.

4/5 stars
on June 2, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Depending on who you're buying this for, it may not be such a big deal that there's more packaging than food in this basket. Where packaging is concerned, it is done well with a bow and all. The basket is very nice and can be re-used. Like the picture shows, most of the boxes are very pink!
But on to the contents. Here's what you get (8 boxes total):
- Dolcetto Chocolate Cookies. 3 of them, each looks like a cigar with chocolate inside. Nice and tasty.
- Claeys Kettle Fresh Chocolate Fudge. 2 individually wrapped pieces. Also very tasty.
- Brown & Haley Chashew Roca - 3 individually wrapped (small) pieces. Not too bad, sticks to the teeth though.
- Primo Dolce Chocolate Dipped Truffle Cookies. 2 individually wrapped (medium size) cookies. Nice and tasty.
- Angelina's Butter Cookies. A tray of different types of butter cookies (like the kind you get in a tin). Pretty good.
- Torani Chocolate Milano Biscotti. Just one of these. Has nuts in it and made with bitter sweet cholocate. Very filling and okay (not so tasty).
- Beth's Chocolate Chip Cookies. A packet filled with about a dozen small cookies. Nice. They crumble easily though.
- Biscoff Carmelized Belgian Cookies. About 5 individually wrapped cookies. It sounds better than it tastes, but still not too bad.

Overall this basket has very good presentation value (looks really nice). Most of the food items are good, but there's not as much as food as it looks like when you open it all up. It leaves you feeling a little bit gypped.
on December 22, 2012
I sent this to someone who is very sick. Didn't hear from her. I finally contacted her to find out if she received the basket; she did, but had NO IDEA WHO HAD SENT IT. There was NO NOTE showing WHO SENT THE BASKET, and the note that I wrote, expressing my thoughts was completely LEFT OUT. Therefore, WHAT'S THE POINT?

When I called Amazon to complain about what happened, the customer service representive said: "What do you want us to do for you now? The items been sent already. It's too late to change anything." I'm very surprised at this attitude since Amazon usually has the best service around. Obviously their service is beginning to slip. I guess the rep doesn't realize that a huge part of sending a gift are the words and thoughts that go along with it. Maybe he never sent one before. Besides the fact that I was worried sick when I did not hear from this recipient once she received the basket.
on January 28, 2014
I gave this gift to my friend as a lil christmas gift.
It was actually really good.
I admit it was not the FINEST gift but for the cost and the products, it was pretty impressive.
My friend and I enjoyed some of the sweet treats together.
It tasted delicious and my friend really liked it, and she actually uses the basket in her kitchen now to hold her handmade breads.
(which I know she does not make by hand but buys them at the little artisan shop downtown... but that is between you, me and the basket)
Either way, cute basket full of yummy treats makes for a fun gift. :)
on May 27, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I love to put together gift baskets and goodie bags for special people. I also love to receive them! The "Delight and Enjoy" gift basket more than lives up to its name--I was smiling all over myself before I even removed the user-friendly plastic wrap. This presentation is truly the "total package". The color scheme is deep pink with black and gold accents--pretty, but not too frilly. I adore the oval basket with the wooden handles, and my first thought was "great bread basket". It's long enough and deep enough to make a generous serving basket. The big golden bow tied around the package added a touch of elegance, and it could be reused in many different ways. The deep pink shredded paper filler is very colorful and added enough cushiness to keep everything safely in place. This type of filler is also reusable and is much preferable to many other types of filler. On to the good stuff! "Delight and Enjoy" offers a variety of sweet treats, from creamy chocolate fudge to crispy little spice cookies. Claeys Kettle Fresh Chocolate Fudge is not overly-rich, and it is really melt-in-your mouth creamy. The Primo Dulce Truffle cookies are rich, but still light, and the chocolate coating lands on the tongue just right. Brown & Haley's Cashew Roca was crunchy butter toffe with a light coating of chocolate and chopped cashews. Beth's Heavenly Little Chocolate Chip Cookies are crispy cookie bites with a touch of chocolate and a really good flavor. The Dolcetto European Style Wafer Rolls are ultra-light, but still richly flavored. Angelina's Sweet Butter Cookies are simply buttery sweet and good. The Torani Chocolate Milano Biscotti is darkly rich and was perfect dipped in a cup of vanilla cappucino. Everything was scrumptious, but my favorite item was the Biscoff Caramelized Belgian Coookies--Yum! It's been a while since I had this type of cookie--lightly spiced, thin and flavorful. These cookies are individually wrapped and would be perfect portables. This is a wonderful gift basket for tea and coffee drinkers who love a good cookie plate along with their cuppa!
on May 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The packaging was so beautiful, all color coordinating, high color graphics, very artistically created and arranged. They were all designed with the feel of old world European elegance. (Perhaps the color palette and design motifs from the era of what we associate with Marie Antoinette.) All the cookies in the assortment were fantastically delicious. We gobbled through them all in two days. (most were petite size in packages with 2 servings each approx.) These were more what I would call European biscuit type cookies that you might find enjoyable with afternoon tea (ie. more like shortbread cookies, nibbly, not chewy, and not overly sweet - how refreshing!). These cookies were all very fresh, made with very high quality ingredients, and a true pleasure to enjoy. I would highly recommend this gift basket to anyone. The entire thing was delivered well wrapped and not one cookie was broken on the inside. The basket was made of very high quality and can be reused as a fruit basket or a bread basket etc. I can't say enough good things about this gift basket of cookies.
VINE VOICEon June 3, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It's a little hard to judge this item because I don't know what price this will be offered at, and with an item like this that does make a difference. It certainly is a nicely packaged item that makes a nice presentation, and I could easily see giving this to a wide variety of people I might not know well because who doesn't like a bit of sweets, especially for a special occasion? But there's not really a whole lot here, it's more of a "sampler" package, so I would give it as a gift for a maximum of 2 people, not for a family to share. As far as the sweets themselves, they were all right, but not great. I thought the fudge was a bit grainy, and the cookies were ok but there are certainly better quality sweets out there that I would give to people I know and care about more.

For presentation it's a 5, but for products about a 3 to 3.5. At this point, I think I would give this as a hostess gift or to a manager for a holiday or special occasion, but for true friends and family I would spend the extra bucks for higher quality products.
VINE VOICEon August 27, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
In general, I'm not a fan of gift baskets. They often contain sub-par items that are not of good quality, nor do they taste good. This basket from is a big exception, and it was really a very pleasant surprise. Every item in this basket was tasty, and thoroughly enjoyable. The pink color on most of the items makes me think it might be a more appropriate gift for a woman than a man, but the treats would appeal to anyone. The basket was lovely, and could be used long after the food is gone. I'm always watching my calorie intake, and all the food in this basket, individually, fit into my daily plan as a snack without too much adjustment.

In many cases, I wind up giving away or throwing out the food that comes in pre-made gift baskets that we might receive during the holidays. Many times I take one bite of food and throw it out because the poor quality is just not worth it. However, had I received this basket as a gift I would have been pleasantly surprised and I would have kept all the food. (And eaten it!)
on January 13, 2014
This was purchases as a gift. The receiver really loved it. I was told it was really pretty, well designed, and everything in it was fresh and good. Just for a caveat, it is small. I know one should read the dimensions more carefully, but still... I would have still ordered it I think, but I want others to know, it's a really nice basket, but small. Shipping and packaging were excellent. No damage. Items fresh. I was told the items were really delicious. Had the price been a bit lower, or the basket a bit bigger, I would have given this 5 stars. I am pleased, the receiver was pleased, and I absolutely order this item, or from this company again. I also enjoyed reading the history of this company. Basket is reusable, too, nice enough to keep.