Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on December 5, 2012
My husband loved these knives. His military issued, spring loaded knife was stolen and i tried to purchase the next best (legal) thing. He said they open/close very smoothly and likes that they each have a different point on the blade. He loves the emergency seat belt/ glass breaker on the ends. He also likes how the black knife sits flush with his pocket, so while in uniform, it doesnt get caught on anything.
on December 17, 2012
The knifes are very well made. They are a little on the big side but I got them to keep in the car for the seat belt cutter/glass breaker in case of emergency so size isn't as much of an issue. Still fits in a pocket fairly comfortably when needed. The flashlight is somewhat cheaply made however.
on December 6, 2012
i bought these for about $23 on a deal. This is super the falshlight is super bright and the cost of on knife is about $23 so I mean two knoves and a flash light for that price is great. It comes in a tin box with hols all three items.
on November 25, 2012
I bought this to keep as a backup stocking stuffer, but when I received it I really want it to keep it for myself. The description of the product was pretty good, and the knives have a nice feel and weight to them. I decided to give these to my best friend since he is an outdoor guy and would enjoy them. They come packaged in plastic, but you can open it and use the great tin that they come in. I bought this as a lightning deal at 22.99 and wish I would have bought two. Definitely would recommend this as an inexpensive (expensive looking) gift.
on December 8, 2012
I bought this set for my wife and I's vehicles. I've always kept and emergency escape knife in all my vehicles, but hadn't gotten one for my currect vehicle. I bought it on a lightning deal for a good price. The knives are durable and good quality. They are constructed well and fit nicely in the glove box or center console. The flashlight is lacking and is pretty weak in terms of light output, but that's now why I bought the set. Overall a good product.
on November 2, 2012
I am so excited to receive these knives. I have been wanting a knife to carry in the console of my car that was designed to help me in the event of an misfortunate accident. These are great. They have the seat belt cutter if I cannot get it unhooked, and the glass breaker if the power windows don't work and I need to go through a window if the door is stuck. And to get one for each of my cars for such a good price makes it even better. I feel a lot safer for my family now. I am very happy with these knives. Oh, and the flashlight worked too.
0Comment7 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2012
I'm happy with this purchase- a solid knife to keep in each car for emergencies, and the flashlight is similar to a mini mag lite but it has a button to turn it on instead of the twist method, which I like. The metal box it comes in is also nice and should be useful for storing something or other. A good deal at $22 shipped for the lot.
on August 3, 2013
I ordered this product because I have had good experience with Smith and Wesson products in the past ranging from knives to firearms. I thought these would make a good replacement for my current carry knife because my state frowns on assisted openers.

Shipping was fast (though shipped through Prime) and the product arrived in a nice tin presentation box. Items included appeared to be as advertised, form fit in a felt/plastic tray. Taking the items out, I noticed several things immediately.

The flashlight, while bright and seemingly "heavy duty" was not an LED as advertised but rather a standard flashlight. Its also a little bigger than i expected making it more difficult to carry. Works fine in a flashlight pouch, but one is not included leading me to believe it was intended for the uncomfortable pocket carry. Overall it's a decent little light but doesn't take the place of a good Maglite.

The knives came looking exactly as advertised, made of good quality components with good weight and balance. It was a little concerning that they came open (knife extended) in the plastic presentation tray especially with how tightly fitted it was. Taking them out for a closer look, its apparent they need some work right out of the box. The knives ship VERY dull, and require sharpening and honing to keep an edge. Running them over a sharpener a few times will not keep these sharp. Also, the opening mechanisms are gritty and not completly finished. You can do what I did and open them up to scrub them down with a buffing oil, but spraying a little wd-40 and opening/closing ita few dozen times should work just as well. This brings me to the only real disappointment from this set. One of the screws on the handle of the white knife was cross threaded and jutting out making it very uncomfortable to hold. Anyone holding the knife at any point in time would have noticed this, making it a very easy qc fix. This makes me believe that human hands to not touch these at any point in manufacturing. Dissapointing as that may be, it was easy enough of a fix using a torx screwdriver (because your average person has a set of these lying around).

Overall, you get what you pay for. This set has the potential to be a great set if you want to put the work into it, but I cannot recommend it as it is. This does not meet the standard I have come to expect from this brand.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 25, 2012
The craftsmanship on these knives is horrible. They have rough edges on the body, the screws that hold the body together stick out and make it uncomfortable to hold. Also, the locking mech seems very cheap. The flashlight is ok. Not what I expect from the Smith & Wesson name.
44 comments13 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2012
Ordered this for my boyfriend for a birthday present. he loved it. I thought the quality was good for what I paid for it. the flashlight is pretty bright as well. Will keep this in mind for stocking stuffers!!