Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

on November 30, 2012
I NEVER rate apps, BUT... In this case I feel the desire to. I am a soldier serving in Afgan, I served in Iraq as well and wish I would have had this for every tour!!! I am a very avid outdoors person and I miss my calm nature sounds from camping... THIS gives me a touch of that back. SANITY through sound I call it!!! I wish to thank the design and developement crew who created this, it is a very enjoyable app to escape into for a break from my "normal" world!!! Easy to use, great choices of sounds and works great on the Kindle Fire HD... Love the pictures included with the sounds too!!! Thanks guys (well and gals), This is my new best friend!!!
0Comment54 of 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2012
When I go to sleep at night I miss the sound of the rain battering against my window. We are in a drought here in my country and when I discovered this app had tropical rain sounds and light rain or heavy rain, I thought I have to get it.
It does not disappoint either as it has thousands of different sounds. Even found a soothing sound of children playing in a school playground. Our local school closed five years ago but there was always something calming with that sound. This app can revive all those memories of sounds you may remember as a kid. The one I played last night was the sound of crickets chirping away at night. It reminded me of when I went on a Kenya Safari. Very relaxing and very calming, a top app for those ambient sounds. Furthermore there are more than 2,000 to choose from. I haven't even begun to go through them all yet - and apparently new ones are added regularly.
0Comment35 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2012
This is one of the best sound machine apps and I own many of these apps.

This one offers over 2,000 sound choices and nice pictures to look at while your sound is playing.

One of my favorite parts of this is that they constantly offer new sounds that are sent in from customers. Like blizzards, city street sounds, there was even one from Hurricane Sandy...and you can try them before you download them. All are free too.

Every kind of sound from meditation to campfires and many you will not find anywhere else. Each category has several choices my real sound machine does not even offer this kind of variety!

Outstanding product much better than the others I have bought. I hope this company will start offering ambience videos someday!!!
on July 18, 2012
So many sounds to pick from. I have always liked soothing sounds and this app has a lot to choose. Good pictures too.
on February 21, 2013
I know I have that! But with the soothing sounds you can get for free on this app it works better than sleepy time tea. The vast amount of perfect sounds to help me sleep at night works without fail. It has a bunch of sounds, all I could think of and some I couldn't! They thought of it all!
on November 22, 2012
This app has been a great help with my sleep issues and headaches. I can select a sound that helps with a particular issue, set the lenght of time it is to play and have the sound fade out at the end. The range and quality of the sounds is wonderful. There are even instructions on how to improve sound quality if your hardware is having issues.

One suggestion, allow the user to turn off sounds on every screen rather than just the main screen.

I'm anxiusly awaiting all the functionality that is still in progress. good apps take time. Build us some phenomenal updates!
on March 8, 2013
I really like this app. It offers more sound choices than any other sound generator app I own (4 currently, and I have tried several more). It offers excellent customization, allowing more layers than any other app. It has an option for users to record and submit their own sounds - there are over 1,000 sounds in the "Recordings" file alone above and beyond what are offered in the app itself. Most of the sound files are of a suffcient length and variability that looping is hardly discernable. Ambiance is an excellent background sound generator.

So why am I docking Ambiance a quarter-star? While I do use ambient sounds while reading or occasionally as an activity timer, my main purpose is as a sleep aid. I found Ambiance's controls a little less intuitive than one or two of my other sound apps. That beind said, the Dev has a pretty nice website with support available, so that helps mitigate any difficulties with the learning curve. Ambiance also tends to use up my battery quicker than other similarly purposed apps, so if I don't have it plugged into the charger I only use it for shorter periods of time.

If you want a good sound generator application with a HUGE library of sounds to choose from, this is the app for that. Definitely worth the purchase price.
on March 7, 2013
I gave it a full five stars because I really can't imagine what else I'd like for it to do!

Not only does it give you a full range of popular water sounds...which I use to fall asleep by but it also gives you a myriad of 'color' sounds. For example..white noise..pink noise..etc. And on top of that, it gives you chants and 'om's and musical instruments. Then you're treated, just for fun, with scifi sounds. I'm not exagerating when I say that there are hundreds of sounds. You are able to leave the sound on while reading a book from your Kindle and then lay it aside while you fall asleep listening to your favorite sound. There is also an alarm clock feature, a 'favorites' feature and you are treated to a beautiful photo that represents the sound you've chosen. This app is well worth time and money. I use it every night.
on July 12, 2012
I liked the idea of this app so I purchased and downloaded to my Kindle Fire. However once the program is installed you must download each individual sound of your choice. There lies the problem. So far only one of the sounds have successfully downloaded to my Kindle. The download just keeps "working" and never finishes. If anyone has any helpful suggestions they would be appreciated. If not I will contact Amazon to credit me and delete from my Kindle.
on July 25, 2012
Awesome selection of sounds. Really unique sounds that I wouldn't think of otherwise. I use it for sleep, but it is also really good for background, noise-blocking white noise, which helps me focus when studying. Definitely worth it.