Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$1.29

on July 13, 2012
Who would have guessed a song about an attention-gaining device, that was first produced in England in 1898, would be used as the basis for such an artfully inspired musical rendition of a how-to guide?

The first time I ever heard this song was while traveling through the state of Florida. Which makes sense since that's the state that produced this song. Though I do have to point out, someone should lose their job for failing to realize that they mistakenly placed a space between the O and R in their name. Seriously, if you can't even spell the name of your state, what business do you have in the line of designing cover artwork for a song?!

In case you haven't heard the song, this is a spoiler alert! The song tells you exactly how to blow a whistle! Which is obviously hard to do, considering a song had to be written about it. After hearing the lyrics numerous times, I am now thoroughly convinced that after the Markwort Nickel Plated Whistle and Black Lanyard Combo I just purchased using my Amazon Prime membership arrives on Monday morning, I will be able to skillfully and professionally blow it. Just put my lips together and bring the whistle real close and blow, just like blowing out candles on a birthday cake! Who would have thought it!? Though I do take exception to being referred to as "baby" throughout the song. My wife is the only person that calls me baby, and she couldn't care less if I knew how to blow a whistle or not. I can only assume that Florida wrote the lyrics that way to make it easy to remember for the talent they hired to perform it.

Anyways, if you're looking for instructions on how to blow a whistle, this is a good pick.
88 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 29, 2016
I would listen to this song on youtube and repeat it over and over again. I eventually put out the dollar or whatever it cost and purchased the track so I could just use my media player and play it. I can't even count how many times I've listened to it, until it became a song I didn't want to hear for awhile. Its still a good song, I would recommend this to anyone who likes this type of music.
on July 15, 2013
Despite the nasty nature of the lyrics, I can't help but love this song. Originally I didn't know that the lyrics were.....for lack of better non appropriate terms, nasty. Nasty, nasty. (I lived under a rock). But the song is still one I dance to.
on September 17, 2013
Just put your lips together and blow. Great addition to a summer playlist on the beach or headed down the road. Or you could be headed anywhere and this will be a good addition. It will definitely stay in your head.
on May 23, 2013
I mostly try not to pay attention to Flo Rida's lyrics, lol, because they are always on the adult side, but their music is fun. This song is no exception, and I think they are still keeping each offering fresh enough while defining a style of their own.
on November 28, 2012
Yeah, I get it, blow my whistle, that aside it's still a catchy and fun song. I've always enjoyed a good whistle song like Wind of Change by the Scorpions Wind Of Change, or Patience by Guns N' Roses Patience. give it a listen and you may find the beat quite catchy.
on December 6, 2012
Not my usual type of music, and not generally a big FloRida fan, but I enjoyed this song enough to buy it from Amazon. And it's been circulating on my playlist ever since. I think it's one of the better songs off his album.
on December 6, 2012
I just recenetly started listening to Flo Rida, I have heard his music on the radio but never really knew who the artist was that was sining. However I do not think this song is appropriate for anyone under the age of 18.
on January 20, 2013
Flo Rida's songs are almost always up beat and fun and that's why I like him. I'm not looking for meaning in a song i just want to jam along with a song. I care less about what the lyrics are and more about the feeling and beat it has.
on February 24, 2014
I don't normally even listen to this genre of music, however it appeared on my pandora stream and I listened to it and the whistled tune just put me in a good mood and its just so catchy that I had to purchase it :D well done Flo Rida and company