Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

on April 19, 2012
There is a reason that Tetris was so popular---it is addicting and fun and hard to stop playing. I was so glad to see this on the Kindle. I'm often waiting at various places (airports, doctor's offices, etc.) and it is great to take a break from reading a book and play a little Falling Blocks. I'm not that in to games, and as a casual player, I often find they take too much time to get to the point where I can enjoy playing---but I've really been having fun with this one.
on May 26, 2012
This is Tetris with a few slight differences. I'm not happy with the game because the Kindle graphics are too slow for a game where pieces usually move quickly.

Think of a regular Tetris game but where you have to wait....when....rotating....a...block...or...auto-dropping...a...block...into...place. The game plays like the last sentence reads. So skip this game and get something else which is more 'thought' and less 'action'. Or buy an iPod Touch.
on April 18, 2012
Finally, a Tetris-like game for the Kindle! Falling Blocks is a lot of fun and I like the two different game options. Free Play is like regular Tetris and Puzzle Play is a challenging game where you have to clear the blocks using a limited amount of pieces. This is a great game and I highly recommend it to fans of puzzle games.
review image review image review image review image
on April 29, 2012
I love playing Tetris, so I thought I would love this game too. In fact, I do like this game quite a bit but it continues to lock up my Kindle ("freeze" it if you prefer) approximately every 3rd game/level. It's obnoxious and if it continues, I will remove it from my device.
on July 23, 2012
This game is okay but not great. There are some problems with the software. For example, sometimes a falling block will "freeze" in the middle of the kindle screen. Another problem is ghosting, where very faint blocks appear on the screen that are not part of the game being played. A third problem possibly more related to the kindle than the game is that as the game progresses to higher levels and the blocks are falling faster, the kindle's screen cannot keep up with the rate the blocks are falling. This limits how far a player can progress in the game.
on July 23, 2012
Here you have a classic Tetris experience for your Kindle. Different triminoes/tetraminoes are falling with increasing speed and you need to pack them on the bottom to clear as many lines as you can. Have played on Kindle Touch and it plays great! Would like to see more games like this designed for Kindles.

What I like:
1. There are two modes - free play (classic mode) and puzzle play (you have different patterns on the start and you need to get pieces under the goal line).
2. Controls on Kindle Touch are very good and app works fast and smooth.
3. Nice simple graphic.
4. There are scores - track you bast results.
5. App remembers my last played maze - I can continue solving after have closed and launched app again.

What I would like to see added:
1. More different modes - "puzzle play" is great!
2. Would like to have timer.
3. In Kindle Touch there could be more intuitive controls - swipe left/right/down/up to move left/move right/drop/rotate.
4. Credits to original Tetris creator Alexey Pajitnov.

Note: you can play app on Kindle, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle DX and Kindle (2nd Generation) devices.

In overall - very good Tetris version with good gameplay, but could be cheaper.
on July 16, 2012
I love playing Tetris, so when I saw Falling Blocks, I was excited to try it on my Kindle. Unfortunately, as other reviewers noted, the regular play version of this game is just too slow for an advanced player to find enjoyment. However, the "Puzzle Play" version, where blocks are already set up, and you have a pre-set number of blocks you have to use to get the level below a certain line, is intriguing, and fun, even for an advanced player. It doesn't seem slow in any way, and the challenges are engaging. A couple of other items, such as a bomb that destroys whole sections of blocks, and an anvil that lands in the first open space from the bottom even if blocks are in the way, make the play even more fun.

What earns this game only 3 stars for me, however, is that it made my Kindle freeze for the first (second, and third . . . ) time ever. I realize freezing is a problem many Kindle owners have dealt with, but mine has never frozen in the several years I've owned it. While playing this game, my Kindle froze and although I was able to resurrect it, when I did, my recorded scores on previous levels of play were erased. I had to go through all the puzzles again to get back to one I'd been working on when the Kindle froze. This happened two other times, which was really frustrating.
on October 2, 2013
I used to love Tetris, and this is pretty much the same as that. I like to keep a few games on my Kindle for those times I'm stuck waiting for someone and just don't feel like reading-- This is great for those times-- Especially when I'm feeling tired and don't want to have to think too hard!
on May 12, 2012
I like this game. Tetris is one of my favorites. BUT when the game speeds up I have had more than one occassion where I can't get a falling block to move left. It is difficult to recover from this at a higher speed. If I didn't have this problem I would give it 5 stars. But when this occurs it wrecks your game and is quite frustrating. I will probably archive this game and just bring it out when I am really, really bored
on February 20, 2014
The game through when I went into Games on my Kindle Fire. I'm fairly new at this Kindle stuff, and spent money on several games which did not come through. I finally noticed the app for Games, and got it that way. Being older and not inexperienced in all this electronic stuff gets expensive when you don't know what your doing.