Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on April 19, 2012
There is a reason that Tetris was so popular---it is addicting and fun and hard to stop playing. I was so glad to see this on the Kindle. I'm often waiting at various places (airports, doctor's offices, etc.) and it is great to take a break from reading a book and play a little Falling Blocks. I'm not that in to games, and as a casual player, I often find they take too much time to get to the point where I can enjoy playing---but I've really been having fun with this one.
11 comment23 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2012
This is Tetris with a few slight differences. I'm not happy with the game because the Kindle graphics are too slow for a game where pieces usually move quickly.

Think of a regular Tetris game but where you have to wait....when....rotating....a...block...or...auto-dropping...a...block...into...place. The game plays like the last sentence reads. So skip this game and get something else which is more 'thought' and less 'action'. Or buy an iPod Touch.
on April 18, 2012
Finally, a Tetris-like game for the Kindle! Falling Blocks is a lot of fun and I like the two different game options. Free Play is like regular Tetris and Puzzle Play is a challenging game where you have to clear the blocks using a limited amount of pieces. This is a great game and I highly recommend it to fans of puzzle games.
review image review image review image review image
on April 29, 2012
I love playing Tetris, so I thought I would love this game too. In fact, I do like this game quite a bit but it continues to lock up my Kindle ("freeze" it if you prefer) approximately every 3rd game/level. It's obnoxious and if it continues, I will remove it from my device.
on July 23, 2012
This game is okay but not great. There are some problems with the software. For example, sometimes a falling block will "freeze" in the middle of the kindle screen. Another problem is ghosting, where very faint blocks appear on the screen that are not part of the game being played. A third problem possibly more related to the kindle than the game is that as the game progresses to higher levels and the blocks are falling faster, the kindle's screen cannot keep up with the rate the blocks are falling. This limits how far a player can progress in the game.
on February 16, 2013
At first it works just fine, program boots up and is entertaining. But after multiple uses, it appears the program deteriorates and suffers delays in operation.
Save your money.
on May 12, 2012
I like this game. Tetris is one of my favorites. BUT when the game speeds up I have had more than one occassion where I can't get a falling block to move left. It is difficult to recover from this at a higher speed. If I didn't have this problem I would give it 5 stars. But when this occurs it wrecks your game and is quite frustrating. I will probably archive this game and just bring it out when I am really, really bored
on July 23, 2012
Here you have a classic Tetris experience for your Kindle. Different triminoes/tetraminoes are falling with increasing speed and you need to pack them on the bottom to clear as many lines as you can. Have played on Kindle Touch and it plays great! Would like to see more games like this designed for Kindles.

What I like:
1. There are two modes - free play (classic mode) and puzzle play (you have different patterns on the start and you need to get pieces under the goal line).
2. Controls on Kindle Touch are very good and app works fast and smooth.
3. Nice simple graphic.
4. There are scores - track you bast results.
5. App remembers my last played maze - I can continue solving after have closed and launched app again.

What I would like to see added:
1. More different modes - "puzzle play" is great!
2. Would like to have timer.
3. In Kindle Touch there could be more intuitive controls - swipe left/right/down/up to move left/move right/drop/rotate.
4. Credits to original Tetris creator Alexey Pajitnov.

Note: you can play app on Kindle, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle DX and Kindle (2nd Generation) devices.

In overall - very good Tetris version with good gameplay, but could be cheaper.
on July 9, 2012
The game is easy to play but rather difficult in black and white. Perhaps on one of the color Kindles it would be more exciting.
on June 14, 2012
I found this game very satisfying. The slow pace can be a bit annoying at first, but a the game gets going it is just the right speed. It is fun and addictive. Hand it to your kid while you are waiting, and it will certainly keep them busy. Just a note: this is not a game for advanced tetris players, so if you read the reviews of those who said it was boring, take into account that it is not as intense as regular tetris. Also, some sy that it froze up their kindle, it didn't for me but that may be different with others. Note to makers of game: you should make a settings page where you can change the pace, and the style of the blocks. Thanks hope this helps.