Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on February 15, 2014
Kids got bored with the game to fast even though it is at the appropriate age group. Need More interactions.
on April 30, 2013
My daughter loves this Dora app. Its age appropriate for her to learn and feel challenged without being too easy or too difficult. She loves typing her name at the beginning. This was worth the price but we wish there were some add ons or additional levels she could do.
on March 17, 2013
I love this app for my daughter. She loves it but is going to get bored of it because the whole game is based off of one level.
on May 6, 2012
I was so excited to finally find a Nickelodeon app for the Kindle fire. I've been keeping my eyes on this for several months hoping for some of the same great apps I've used on my iPhone in working with my kids.

I'd like to give this a higher rating but it has a very limited audience and I was disappointed to have paid $2.99 for it. Here is why: I bought this app thinking of my 3 year old who enjoys Dora. The app is after all titled "A B C" and he is learning his letters. This is not geared at all to this age group. This is really for kids who have already learned to identify letter sounds and their associated phonic sounds. If you buy this for a younger child they will be frustrated and you will spend all of your time supervising because they won't be able to play any of the games without your constant supervision. My five year old could play this app but not easily and he is a stellar reader for his age. My seven year old who is already reading chapter books was able to play.....but at this age is he really interested in Dora? NO!

The app starts out very cute. You have Dora and Boots approaching the grumpy old troll. He tells you to get past the troll bridge you need to earn some coins. You earn them by playing the first level of game - Rhyming Words. What you get is a picture in the center of something and a bunch of pictures in a circle around it rotating (similar to the way backpack is on the television show). The child can touch the pictures to hear the words. They are supposed to pick the word that rhymes with the word in the center. Rhyming is a more advanced concept for little ones, this is why I say the age must be right. The pictures aren't intuitive either so even as an adult I had to press some of the pictures to be certain. I mean, most kids aren't going to know a picture of "Rice". In addition, it's trickier because the answers are all moving and this is distracting.

The second level of play is exactly the same except instead of looking for a picture of a word that rhymes you are looking for a picture of a word that starts with the same sound. An example would be Mit (as in baseball Mit) with the matching word Mop. The 3rd level of play is again the same and you are looking for a letter that ends with the same sounds. The fourth final level is testing "inside sounds". The example the app provides is "pot" and "Frog". REALLY? They not only need to recognize that it's an "O" but also that it is an O making a slightly different sound that matches.

Ughhhh. What was Nickelodeon thinking making this the first Dora app that I've found for the kindle fire. Some of the others are so great and this was a great big disappointment. Can anyone tell me if I can have my money back!
1010 comments187 of 272 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2013
It repeats the same thing over each time. the game never moves on. my kids want the story to continue. Very boring app not worth paying for.
0Comment9 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2013
My 2 year old hacked the password on her Kindle fire and downloaded this along with about $100.00 worth of others. I locked her down and changed my password. She loves them though so I kept it for her. Plus it is her Kindle anyway so I'll have her feed the dogs for a few months and make her think she earned them.
on June 7, 2013
Kids can delve into Dora's world of exploration while they learn in an atmosphere of fun & games. Pictures are clear with variety of games to choose from. I also love the fact that parents can track each child's progress and monitor the contents of their study too. Excellente!
on June 8, 2013
It would have 5 stars if there were a few more games to play. I bought both volume 2 and 3 at the same time and together they keep him busy! He's gotten much better with rhyming and sounding out his letters for words!
on July 10, 2013
I love that it helps the kids learn. I hate that its limited to three different levels. Not very man y things to to on the app once you have mastered it. Great app though!
on April 3, 2013
compre volumen 1,2,3 son muy buenos los recomiendo mi nena juega y aprende especialmente la pronunsiacion de las palabras, es muy entretenido.