Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on May 14, 2012
It's amazing how just how much classical music one hears, whether from a movie or a commercial. Many pieces I recognize but don't know the name of. This app is really wonderful just to listen through and have the titles available. If you're a casual classical listener like me, this is really a great app to play in the background then click over to when I hear a tune I particularly like. Thank you for such a great app!
0Comment55 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2012
amazing, and less than a cent per piece. go nutcracker! plus, the pretty wood background. I am listening while I type!
0Comment30 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2012
This app is basically a single album classical music compilation with very poor sound quality. You can buy similar "essential" compilations in the Amazon music store, often for 99 cents, but always with better sound. I don't see that packaging as an app has any advantage in this case.
on November 29, 2012
This app does what it says it will do - you can identify various classical works that you may have heard elsewhere. But:

- Execution is poor as noted by other reviewers. The app will run multiple pieces at the same time if you're not careful. Controls are limited and quirky.

- Sound quality is appalling. It sounds as if all 100 magnificent pieces had been crammed into a one-minute, 131 meg download. Which is exactly what has happened with this app. The best you can say for the music is that it's recognizable.

Great concept - I wish it worked. But even the most talented developer can't suspend the laws of physics. If you're interested in classical music, give yourself a break and pop for a high-quality mp3 compilation by a name orchestra.

Postscript - I'd like to see the developers polish the interface and offer this app with a 1-gig music package, which is what it would take for good quality sound. Then we could talk about whether we like the selected arrangements.
on May 18, 2012
I have mixed feelings about this app. I love the concept, design, and usefulness of the application. The music selection is pretty good. The majority of the most noteable songs are here, although some key pieces like "Fanfare For The Common Man" and "1812 Overture" are missing. My main issue is with the sound quality. These songs have around 8 times the compression of average mp3 files, which are already compressed. This translates into really tinny sound, especially in classical music with it's very wide dynamic range. Despite the negatives, this app is a bargain for a buck. For those not real familiar with classic music, it's worth having just to be able to identify these songs one has heard all his or her life. I really wish this app had better sound and a few adjustments to the song selection, but overall I think it is well worth the dollar I paid.
on May 19, 2012
Music frequently plays multiple selections at the same time. Good selections, but the selection controls often don't respond and the kindle fire has to be turned off before the controls respond. This happens only when multiple songs are being played at the same time.
on May 17, 2012
Leaving aside my disappointment in the choice of classical essentials, the functionality of this app is lacking. No playlist or favorites.no sorting or blocking least favorites
on May 15, 2012
I like the concept of the app but the music sample rate is too small for the songs to sound right. I do like the ability to identify a song and find out the name of the music. All in all - you won't be terribly upset as long as you are prepared for some tinny sound.
on May 13, 2012
there is a pretty good selection of music here. the interface is straight forward and easy to use, though it does lack a bit in features. the rel issue with this app thoug is the quality of the music. none of its great quality, though some of it is acceptable for the average non-audiophile. unfortunantly most of it i s horrible. The performances are fine, but there is so much compression that it ruins it.
on September 26, 2012
Worst app I have ever paid for. It doesn't load properly, difficult to select music, poor sound quality, still trying to update even though I uninstalled app. Horrible. Music sounds like a bad burned CD from 10 years ago. Pixel-y, at least on Samsung galaxy ii.