Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 13, 2012
I have a 12.5 year old 95 pound Bouvier Des Flandres. Due to arthritis and a degenerating spine, he is unable to get up on his own. However, with the use of the Outward Hound Lift Harness, we are able to get him up to his feet and he is able to walk with support and stability around the house and outside to attend to business. If not for this product, my old guy would not be able to manage and we would not be able to mange him. Saved a few more months of living life for him. I wish it was a bit larger, however, as we have to pull tight to get the velcro attached.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 23, 2013
This product runs very big. It will not support a dog less then 65 pounds.
Keep this in mind when ordering.
on December 3, 2012
This helped us lift our 11 year old German Shepherd who couldn't use her back legs. She lost so much weight that I had to add another row of velcro, but it fit and still worked great. I'd definitely recommend this product.
on July 28, 2012
I use this for my disc herniated Doberman. I use regular harness for her front legs and use this up lift harness for her back legs, so I can carry her in and out of the house few times a day to do her business. She is 58lbs. When I use it, it is all squeeze together become a narrow belt and dig into her belly. I have to put a heavy padding inside so it won't hurt her belly. I wish it is more heavy duty. I guess for the price, you really couldn't ask too much. Still, I am disappointed.
on November 16, 2012
Product worked very well for my Rott/Shep Mix, (large dog). She was having problems getting up and down stairs to outside, used the product and had no problems (I myself am limited mobility). Would recommend, virtually painless for both man and best friend. :)
on July 9, 2013
My dog weighs 95 lbs and with leg problems can't get into the back of the SUV. This is very helpful to assist him getting around. Better than trying a towel. I needed a handle.
on September 28, 2012
I have a med.sized Malinois mix with really bad hips. I was hoping this would be better than the towels I've been using to stabilize her back end, but the soft harness has no inner support, so it just slips to the thinnest part of her abdomen, which is her bladder--which is the same problem I was having with the towels. If she was chubby and flat from her chest across her belly, it would fit great. I'm keeping it because it dries faster than the towels when washed.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 5, 2016
We have a Labrador Retriever that we rescued from the SPCA when he was 6 weeks old. He had been found laying in a ditch in the middle of winter. We think the reason he was tossed out is that he had suffered an injury to his left eye and was rendered blind in that eye. We are so fortunate to have found him because he is the best dog we have ever had. He's sweet and loving and obedient and just a wonderful addition to our family.

With the blindness in one eye comes a group of problems that I hadn't anticipated. One of these is the lack of depth perception making it difficult for him to jump into the car. He's a heavy boy, about 65-70 pounds. That's too much for me to be able to lift to get him into the car or up the stairs. When I saw this Outward Hound lift assist device, I knew I had to try it.

This product is fantastic! It has a really large velcro strip so I can simply slip it under his chest and it easily closes at the top. There is enough padding to the sling that it doesn't chafe or irritate his skin. I can lift him so easily that I'm just astounded. I just have to pull up on the handle and he raises his front feet to the floor of the car and with my guidance he is able to jump right in. Getting him into the car is so much easier. We are now working on going up stairs. I just have to give a gentle tug and he is able to climb the steps with confidence.

I absolutely recommend this PupBoost Lifting Aid to anyone with a medium to large dog. It has saved my back and my dog from pain and frustration.
review image review image review image
on July 29, 2012
This is a quality lift and had the circumstances been different I would have kept it. As it was, I needed it for a very thin Airedale with a broken front leg. It worked great going UP steps, but slipped off going DOWN steps because his back end is so thin. The size smaller wouldn't have fit his chest right. His size also was a bit too long for a male dog and irritated his 'dangly bits'... Would have been perfect for my female dog except was a size too small. I LOVE Kyjen products - they always seem to be first rate.
on July 3, 2015
This thing sucks. If your dog can't stand or sit up on their own, get used to trying (and failing) to slide this thing under their belly to help lift them. The same thing could be accomplished better and faster with a full size bath towel. Also, their bodies slide the opposite direction of you lifting them so you might as well not use it at all. The picture they use to advertise this is being used on a dog that doesn't need it. Very disappointed in this stupid product, and ashamed I fell for it in the first place. Much easier to get a simple harness that slips over the head and clips over the top of the spine. Stays put, way safer and works great for our elderly lab with neurological issues that make standing and walking difficult.