Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on November 13, 2012
I have a 12.5 year old 95 pound Bouvier Des Flandres. Due to arthritis and a degenerating spine, he is unable to get up on his own. However, with the use of the Outward Hound Lift Harness, we are able to get him up to his feet and he is able to walk with support and stability around the house and outside to attend to business. If not for this product, my old guy would not be able to manage and we would not be able to mange him. Saved a few more months of living life for him. I wish it was a bit larger, however, as we have to pull tight to get the velcro attached.
11 comment38 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 23, 2013
This product runs very big. It will not support a dog less then 65 pounds.
Keep this in mind when ordering.
11 comment30 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hello! Thank you for your comment, it's helped me improve our description. I'm going to add a note that the maximum girth for this product is 33". That should be able to accommodate most dogs in the 60 + pound weight range, but large dog owners should measure before purchasing.
on July 28, 2012
I use this for my disc herniated Doberman. I use regular harness for her front legs and use this up lift harness for her back legs, so I can carry her in and out of the house few times a day to do her business. She is 58lbs. When I use it, it is all squeeze together become a narrow belt and dig into her belly. I have to put a heavy padding inside so it won't hurt her belly. I wish it is more heavy duty. I guess for the price, you really couldn't ask too much. Still, I am disappointed.
0Comment32 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2012
Product worked very well for my Rott/Shep Mix, (large dog). She was having problems getting up and down stairs to outside, used the product and had no problems (I myself am limited mobility). Would recommend, virtually painless for both man and best friend. :)
on December 3, 2012
This helped us lift our 11 year old German Shepherd who couldn't use her back legs. She lost so much weight that I had to add another row of velcro, but it fit and still worked great. I'd definitely recommend this product.
on July 9, 2013
My dog weighs 95 lbs and with leg problems can't get into the back of the SUV. This is very helpful to assist him getting around. Better than trying a towel. I needed a handle.
11 comment15 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2012
I have a med.sized Malinois mix with really bad hips. I was hoping this would be better than the towels I've been using to stabilize her back end, but the soft harness has no inner support, so it just slips to the thinnest part of her abdomen, which is her bladder--which is the same problem I was having with the towels. If she was chubby and flat from her chest across her belly, it would fit great. I'm keeping it because it dries faster than the towels when washed.
on July 29, 2012
This is a quality lift and had the circumstances been different I would have kept it. As it was, I needed it for a very thin Airedale with a broken front leg. It worked great going UP steps, but slipped off going DOWN steps because his back end is so thin. The size smaller wouldn't have fit his chest right. His size also was a bit too long for a male dog and irritated his 'dangly bits'... Would have been perfect for my female dog except was a size too small. I LOVE Kyjen products - they always seem to be first rate.
11 comment14 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2012
I truly couldn't do without this harness. My dog weighs 86 lbs and the harness is of great assistance to me and him in getting him into the car everyday.
on July 23, 2014
I only bought it because of the price since I didn't think it would work with my 14 year old, 90 pound German shepherd. But, it did! He took to it easily and I was able to lift him into my car by myself (female, senior) where before, I had to get a friend to help me. I bought a $100+ ramp for him before and he refused to use it. So, for the low, low price it's well worth it.