Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

• UNO
  • Customer Reviews

Price:$1.99

on June 17, 2012
The game shows on my kindle keyboard but once I click on the game to play it, a blank screen comes up with only the word UNO up in the left hand corner in the border area opposite where the battery charging icon is. I have tried restarting my kindle and resending the game to it, but it just won't even open. I love the game in general but getting it on my kindle has been a waste of money and now it is too late for a refund.
88 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2012
should have listened to the other reviewer. does not work on my kindle keyboard. will be requesting refund. who cares if it is on sale if it does not work.

Edited to add that Amazon's refund policy on active content is that there are no refunds. I asked them for a refund on this anyway. They want you to "troubleshoot" the problem. I've spent quite enough time troubleshooting the buggy Kindle and I'm not going to waste more time on it. This may well be my last Kindle purchase - maybe I'll try a Nook.

Edited to add that Amazon did give me a refund when I emailed them. And that, according to a comment to this review, Nooks are apparently even worse.

Oh, and - I found a comment on another review that says if you right-click it (Uno) and choose "open" from its menu (as opposed to opening it by mashing the middle button) it will work on a keyboard. I'm tempted to buy it again and try it, but I've become very leery of doing anything at all on my Kindle other than just reading/playing what's already there.
on September 13, 2012
There have been a lot of complaints about the game not loading on the Kindle Keyboard. Mine did the same thing but I figured it out. I have the Keyboard with wifi only. Once I opened the game with an active signal the game loaded just fine. I also did not need to stay in wifi range once the game loaded. I went back and checked again and needed to the same thing. Its a little anoying but I liked the game fine. The other players move very fast but I do not recommend doing the same. Only $2, I think it is worth it.
on May 30, 2012
Hello,
I have always loved the game ONO. When I saw it on the Kindle I quickly bought it and was a little angry because only one player can play aganst a computer. It is a sorry game on the Kindle. I played it a few times and it does not work anymore. This reason is why I gave it 2 stars but i would sugest you buy it if the price goes down. maybe it was only my kndle.
on July 4, 2012
If you have a Kindle Keyboard you might want to keep your .99 cents and wait for the next three versions/updates on Uno. The graphics lag out the Kindle Keyboard and the game frequently locks up and requires you to reboot your Kindle or back out to the main menu and restart in an attempt to break the freeze. There are only two play options a traditional play which will not allow you to choose ANY interesting play options or a forced schedule tournament where the computer chooses the rules and options each round. It is fun but because it can be slow and prone to locking up... not really worth it. Additionally the game designers set the option for the player to call UNO as a button on the screen choice rather than assigning kindle keyboard players a designated button. Because of this it requires two "clicks" or actions for you to call UNO during a game, meaning you lose your turn during "Jump-In" rules if you try to call UNO. Because the game is slow when all four players are active during tournament play you can frequently lose your chance to play a card just because the kindle is so slow and the computer players take over.
on May 23, 2012
I have always loved the game "Uno"! I was delighted to see it for Kindle and bought it right away. The game uses patterns instead of colors. The patterns are easy to see. The game plays quickly and smoothly. You have "Quick Play" mode, and "Tournament Mode". You can "Challenge" your opponent if they forget to call "Uno" before playing their 2nd to last card - they then draw 2 more cards. You can challenge an opponent who lays down a "Wild Draw 4" card and you think he has a card in his hand that matches the current pattern of the card on the discard pile. If you win that challenge, he draws 4 cards, if you lose that challenge you draw 6 cards! The game has all the regular cards - draw 2(20 pts), reverse(20 pts), skip(20 pts), wild card (50 pts), wild draw 4(50 pts), number cards 0 - 9 are scored at face value. There are couple of interesting new rules: The first is "UNO 7-0", anytime a Zero is played, ALL players give their cards to the next player. When a seven is played that player switches cards with the player of their choice. The second is "Jump-In", if you have exactly the same card (number & pattern) in your hand that is on the discard pile you can play it right away even if it isn't your turn! Game play then continues from the player who layed down matching card. You use your 5-way controller to select and play cards and the space bar if you want to challenge uno. You win "Tournament" mode by scoring 5,000 points. You win "Quick Play" mode by scoring 500 points. All in all I think the makers of this game did a good job.
on July 6, 2012
When I first downloaded this game it did not work. All it would do is show a blank screen with the word Uno in the left hand corner. But my daughter selected the HOME page on kindle then Right Clicked (from the 5 way controller) onto the Uno selection and chose OPEN. When it opened it worked. So it does work and it is a lot of fun!
on June 13, 2013
I have the Kindle touch 3g. The game can be slow at times, but all in all very good. Just like the name says its "Uno". When I was younger, I used to play this card game and had so much fun doing so. Now that I am older, it is harder to find other people to play with. With this game on the Kindle, I can play when ever I want. That is a big plus. It is a little hard to play sometimes. When you are trying to choose a certain card, you can mistakenly choose another card. 4 out of 5 for me. I rarely give a 5 star review so 4 stars is pretty good.
on June 9, 2012
This game is very much like the card game. It does have bugs. For instance the game does not consistently allow you to challenge another player who doesn't say UNO before discardng their last card. I really expected a fantastic game for the price, certainly one with no bugs. OK game. Not at all worth the price.
on July 8, 2012
I bought the game because I enjoy the real Uno card game and decided that at the discount 99 cent price, it was worth trying out the Kindle version, despite the average 3 star rating. I was very disappointed. The game is unresponsive and slow, and the background patterns in lieu of colors are difficult to differentiate. This game should not be priced at $4.99 regularly. I've purchased many Kindle games for much less - even free - that were considerably more entertaining.

See 1 answered question