Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on May 13, 2014
The bag appears to be everything that it was touted to be. I have to admit that when I read that it had two zippers I envisioned two FULL LENGTH zippers while what the bag has is one full length zipper and one zipper that is about 1/3 length to make it easier to enter the bag.

While I haven't had the opportunity to take the bag camping yet I have tried it out in the house and I was satisfied with the results. It's a mummy bag so I don't think I can call it roomy but it does allow me adequate sleeping room and I'm fairly big at 5'11" and 245 pounds. I bought this bag for hammock camping and I think I can use it in enough different configurations that it will be a good three season bag for hammock camping under New England conditions.

The bag does come with a compression sack and while I have to admit that getting the bag into the sack and compressed is a major undertaking when the bag is compressed it appears to form a cylinder that has roughly the equivalent volume of a basketball when one is finished.

While I haven't owned a sleeping bag for years this bag appears to be well made. I couldn't find any loose threads or sloppy sewing and the zippers all seem to work well although I think one would be wise to not try to zip this bag up carelessly.

It can be tightly closed up around the sleeper until only one's face is exposed or it can be opened up until only the boxed in foot is closed. I was amused to see that the bag even has a small "stash" pocket for eyeglasses or something similar. The bag also has small loops on the bottom so it can be hung when not in use.
on November 10, 2015
First off a 15* sleeping bag isnt going to keep you warm and comfortable down to 15*. I have owned this bag for a good 8 years and went on many tent less backpacking trips. Thsts right snow on the ground and no tent are conditions i have used it in. With head to toe 30 percent wool long johns you will be comfortable down to about 30. A hat and wool socks are a given.
the quality of the bag is just as good as my 25 year old north face cats meow. With that being said you cant take it out of the stuff sack and expect it to look like the picture. Put it in the dryer with a clean shoe or a few tennis balls. It will fluff the loft up and help keep you warmer.
on May 28, 2013
I'm not sure if i will use this on 15 degree weather. I bought it with the idea to use it during a 3 day hike on the Appalachian trail and under the understanding that it was not to get colder than 35 degrees. It work fine and it did its job. With an inexpensive product like this one, you have to be mindful of compression straps and zippers. Remember the real deal ones cost $300+
on October 14, 2013
Took this on an overnight backpacking trip. Camped near a lake at 4000 ft., or so. It was comfy and warm at 34 degrees, but you may need a liner to stay warm at the recommended temp rating of 15 degrees.
on October 23, 2015
Great 3-season bag for wet and damp environments. Sure I grab the down for really cold nights but if the temps are above 20, this cannot be beat for the price.
on January 17, 2015
God warm bag. High quality,
on December 10, 2012
There are some good things: Its definitely warm enough.. Camped in 20degrees and was very comfortable. Its fairly spacious compared to other mummy type bags and its no bulkier than other Synthetic below freezing bags for the price...

The horrible feature and reason for the low score is the zipper.
The first night, the zipper handle broke off and broke the plastic zipper track. Maybe I was cold and drunk, but a good quality zipper should not fail so easily.

Bottomline, if you like camping in freezing weather with a zipperless bag... this is a great choice
0Comment3 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2013
This sleeping bag has a real temperture rating, Most sleeping bags do not, Do your homework --this is a great bag.
on October 3, 2013
I went to the sierras and coldest temp was low 30s. I slept in a tent and I slept warm and cozy;
on September 4, 2014
Solid sleeping bag for the price.

See 1 answered question