Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on December 23, 2012
We have been feeding Merrick Dry Dog Food to our Dogs for a couple of years now. The results are very positive, our Dogs are healthy, happy, and active. We made the switch to Merrick from one of the common main stream brands after I started researching the differences of ingredients and quality of ingredients in dry Dog Foods, I never realized until then how greatly different each brand is from one another and the amount of unnecessary and sometimes negative ingredients in some brands. Merrick has given us very good results and I really like that it is made in USA and all the ingredients are USA sourced, I feel I can trust our Dogs Heath to the Merrick brand. FYI, we have a fourteen year old Chow/German Shepard mix and he loves Merrick and We saw great improvements in his health after switching to Merrick.
on April 21, 2014
After trying numerous dog foods I've finally chosen to stick with this. It's one of the only 5 Star rated foods in it's price range on dogfoodadvisor.com for one. Usually I leave a long review but there's really not a whole lot to say about it honestly other then it has a good ingredient profile and my dog loves it.

A side note though, there's two different options of buying this via Amazon prime and I ordered from the other one before and the first time was a bag that looked old and dusty almost with tiny kibbles. After that I got another bag that had a hole in the side with a little bit bigger kibbles. And now I ordered from this one and the bag looked brand new and has yet again a different shaped/sized kibble.... Not sure if they've made that many changes or what but this one has a bigger kibble with a more boxy shape compared to the others. I found it odd that I've gotten 3 different shape/sizes in just a few months time. However, these bigger ones are better for my dog so no complaints just an odd thing I noticed.
on November 20, 2014
My dogs are crazy about Merrick dog food - I mix it half and half with Merrick Grain Free Real Chicken and Sweet Potato Dog Food. I was feeding my dogs Kirkland kibble from Costco before and my dogs were having several problems getting sick and barfing yellow stomach fluid. In addition, they were having allergy problems. Since making the switch to Merrick, I noticed my dogs coat improved and my dogs seem overall healthier and happier. No more signs of allergies either and it's usually chicken that they sometimes have allergies with.

The only Con is it is a bit pricy, but it is well worth it since my dogs are doing great on it. My only advice is to slowly make the switch and give your dogs time to adapt to the new dog food. It may take up to 2-3 weeks before they adapt and show signs that they like the food. Believe me, my dogs are very picky, so if they like this stuff, I know it's good. One of my dogs took about 3 weeks before he showed signs of really enjoying it. My other two dogs just gobbled it from the start--they really love this stuff. It's only if you have a picky eater or sensitive stomach that it may take a few weeks.
on March 30, 2014
Heard about this and decided to try it for my pyre. My dog will only start with the better dog foods then not want to eat them and I then have to go back to the cheaper unhealthy food. My dog really likes this. Just finished the first bag which lasted a long time -her coat has stopped shedding and she looks gorgeous -I can see a huge difference with the first bag. Her coat is all silky now too. Unfortunately tried the cat food but the cat won't eat it anymore. Works beautifully for the dog.
on December 29, 2014
Found Full Ingredients List on Merrick's home web page: Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Brown Rice, Peas, Barley, Sweet Potatoes, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Salmon Meal (source of Omega 3 fatty acids), Oats, Natural Chicken Flavor, Deboned Duck, Carrots, Apples, Flaxseed Oil, Blueberries, Organic Alfalfa, Salmon Oil, Salt, Minerals (Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Zinc Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Amino Acid Complex, Sodium Selenite), Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate), Choline Chloride, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product,
Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract.
on January 31, 2014
All of Merricks products are great, the size of the kibble is bigger so my large breed dog is happier with it. He seemed to be a picky eater until I tried this. It seems the smaller kibble of other Merrick products were just too small for him to enjoy eating. Merrick makes great products. Period. Read the labels, no junk in their food.
on June 6, 2014
good kibble, reasonably priced per pound. My Dogue de Bordeaux free feeds and eats no more than 5-6 cups per day. Luke is very active, has beautiful, healthy coat and he weighs just under 120 lbs at one year old. We tried the large breed Blue Buffalo and Avoderm but the large breed Merrick worked the best for his sensitive stomach.
on September 3, 2015
My Golden Retriever has been on Merrick salmon and sweet potato for some time, doing great. Saw the large breed and thought it would be better for him. Unfortunately can only give him a little mixed with his regular Merrick.... For some reason this food gives him diarrhea, but he's okay if it is mixed half and half
on March 4, 2013
This top rated dry dog food for large breeds with joint supplements comes in a nonrip bag and was packaged well for shipment. I add some freshly cooked lean meat and fiber veg to the kibble for my 100 lb shepherd who digests and egests it well, shows no allergic reactions, and has good coat sheen and energy.
on September 16, 2015
I will only feed my dog Merrick's dog food. I've done my research and this brand is the clear winner! I have switched flavors a few times but my golden seems to love this flavor the most. If you love your dog, you should feed him food that is healthy and that which benefits him.