Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on October 9, 2012
I was actually on Amazon taking a look at the Timex Weekender when my wife and I saw this watch on the daily deals site. Decided to go with the Stuhrling instead of the Timex because I'll be able to wear this with a greater variety of styles: goes great when you're dressed up or when you're casual. The Timex we felt would be a little too "hipster" to wear to certain events (though I guess if I were a real hipster I wouldn't care!). Also felt the Stuhrling was a fairly reliable brand (especially for the price: comes with a one or two year warranty)

A few things keeping me from giving this 5 stars: "Swiss Quartz" is a bit misleading. It makes it seem like this watch contains Swiss movement when actually a) it's not a mechanical watch at all (though that should be obvious) and b) it just means that the quartz itself came from there.

Also, the instructions warn the user not to try and adjust the date between the hours of 21:00 and 5:00 or risk damaging the watch. Really? Is this common among watches? Seemed a little comical to me...

Other than that we're pretty pleased with this watch. The face looks blue in certain angles, black at others. For the money it's a solid choice.
VINE VOICEon October 24, 2012
I was looking for an everyday watch at a reasonable price; however, I also wanted a good value and quality at the same time. I could have easily bought a cheap watch for around $10 or so, but the old saying says that you get what you pay for. With this watch from Stuhrling, I found a good-looking watch from a very reputable manufacturer at 83% off list price. In other words, I found exactly what I was after.

The watch keeps accurate time, and it is comfortable to wear. Sometimes metal bands can pull and grab the hair on my arm, but that is not the case with this one. There are two things to know about using the watch. First, the time is supposed to be set by winding counterclockwise. Second, the date should not be changed between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m. While these are in the included instructions, who would think that something as simple as a wristwatch needs directions?

One thing buyers should keep in mind is the length of the band. It uses a folding clasp, and most people will need to take the watch somewhere to have one or more links removed. Since you bought the watch from Amazon, it will cost you to have a repair shop remove the links. You still come out way ahead of the game given the deep discount.

Overall, though, I couldn't be more satisfied with my purchase. It is a great looking timepiece at a great price. I highly recommend it.
on July 6, 2014
Watch bracelet (band) link connecting bracelet to the"top" of the watch head became unhinged roughly 3 weeks after purchase... I rarely wear watches (normally to church and dress-up events), so the watch had been worn 5 times max... Decided to wear the watch to a friend's 40th birthday a week later and the bracelet link connecting bracelet to the"bottom" of the watch head became unhinged... When examining the damage, it appears that there may have been a thin application of glue or a film affixing the links to the head...

Glanced at the 2-year warranty for the watch in prepartion for sending the watch back to Stuhrling for repairs. Unfortunately, it appears that Stuhrling's warranty is very poor and restrictive, as it doesn't cover any part of the watch that you can see -- only the mechanical portions. Futhermore, Stuhrling will charge you $40 for shipping both ways even if the repair is covered under warranty... Based on what I paid for the watch via an Amazon Lightning Deal, I will likely throw the watch in the trash rather than trying to get it fixed, as it also had a very awkward fit...
on December 4, 2012
I wanted a dress watch that can fit under the cuff easily for office use. Originally I have selected a few Bulova models but the dials seemed either too big or too small for my 6" wrist. Finally I settled for this which also fits the bill but I started to regret it after further reading of online forum reviews regarding Stuhrling watches, especially the part where Stuhrling watches are marketed on home shopping channels like QVC. When the watch arrived, I must say the picture here looks better than the real thing. Still, it is a pretty looking watch and from different angles or under different light, the dial colour varies from green to blue to black.
on February 3, 2013
The time was very hard to read due to the lack of contrast of the hands with the dark face of the watch
on July 24, 2013
Watch quality is awesome for the price, better than a lot of watches out there that cost the same or more. For a watch at or under a hundred dollars with this quality is unheard of, beats any fossil or watch like it. Swiss quartz to mention too. The metal band is alittle cheap feeling, but still decent. For the price, this watch can't be beat.
on January 18, 2013
great looks ...wonderful design...look way nicer than the actual cost of the watch..I would refer this to any one who wants to have a fashionable and classy watch on the wrist in a reasonable price.
on February 17, 2013
I wear this everyday as a work watch. I should have chosen one that is easier to read and possibly during the night. But it is a good looking watch at a fair price. Shipping was on time
on February 13, 2013
nice and light... not so nice in dull light

contrast of dial is hard to read in any dull light... overall a nice lightweight watch for a great price
on March 2, 2014
This watch is the best one in my collection I seem tone wearing it the most. Easy to read, classy looking and it fits under my long sleeve shirts.