Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

100%
Format: Kindle EditionChange

on December 23, 2012
I am 57, and want to help my young students know the happiness they can derive from a vacant lot and a good imagination. As kids, my sister and I would go to the lot after a rainstorm and draw floor plans for our houses with a stick in the wet earth. I now have two books to help me convey the joy of this simple, yet creative, pastime. I am adding this fantastic book to the one I share now: "Roxaboxen."
on December 20, 2012
My son loves maps and he loves this book. The story is quite sweet also, although I don't think my son (5 yrs old) really appreciates that part yet. My only complaint is that it is (as are most of the kids books I've bought), poorly converted for iPad format. Still, he asks to read it all the time and even reenacts the idea in our own backyard and park.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2009
Kids need creativity. Creativity can begin with so little, a stick, mud, water equals a city, a world and friendship. This book sparks imagination! This is a much needed thing for kids anytime and especially today.
on December 13, 2013
My son"s name is Matt, he reads to his twin babies every night. What better book to get? it's a cute story.got one for his house & one for mine, when the twins come to visit.
on January 12, 2009
This is an excellent book for elementary as well as a discussion point for older students. Well written with excellent illustrations.