Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on August 1, 2012
I have always preferred bamboo cutting boards to their plastic counterpart... they do not dull my knives, and are frankly nicer to look at than stained plastic cutting boards.

The only issue I have found when purchasing bamboo cutting boards is that they can be pricey to get a substantial thickness... if the price is inexpensive, the board is probably paper-thin.

I decided to take a gamble and try this three-pack of bamboo cutting boards. I have seen others available on the site at or near the same price-point, but I loved the rounded edges of these boards, and their story of ethical responsibility to the environment and the people who craft them. I was very skeptical about how quality they could actually be because the price was so cheap!

I must say, when these arrived in the mail I was taken-aback by how much heavier the package was compared to what I was expecting; each board was substantially thicker than I expected.

These boards are extremely handsome and worthy of counter-top display if you are tight on drawer space, the corner hole for holding the board doubles nicely as a hole to hang the board up and out of the way too.

I am very pleased with my purchase and will definitely purchase Core Bamboo products again. I have started looking into other products they make and this 'spun' and 'crushed' bamboo line of kitchen products look beautiful. Quite honestly, I also really like having something unique that all my friends do not have!
22 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2012
When I purchased this set of bamboo cutting boards, I was primarily motivated by the price. When they came 2 days later, I couldn't believe how happy I was. I have purchased Core Bamboo products in the past and love them all but this deal is simply the best yet. This set would easily be worth more than double the price Amazon is charging for it.

The quality of the boards is just as good as you would expect of Core Bamboo. They are thick enough to handle being used but thin enough to easily store them when not in use.

The 3 sizes in the set are perfect for just about anything you want to cut and prep. I use the 8 x 6 for cutting apples or prepping cocktails. I use the 11 x 8.5 for cutting veggies and preparing sandwiches and the 13 x 9.5 for carving meats and poultry. I wash them with warm water and soap and they are holding up beautifully! I have owned bamboo cutting boards in the past from other companies and this set is by far the most superior of them all.

Regarding portability, they are the perfect thickness, making them extremely easy to store, whether you live in a big house, small apartment or college dorm.

All in all, this set is a great buy and I highly recommend it to anyone!
on November 24, 2012
I bought a set of these about a month and a half ago. They seemed pretty sturdy at first, and I didn't have any of the problems with then splintering that a few people had described. I noticed a couple weeks ago though that the largest one had warped a little bit, and it was starting to crack where the strips of bamboo were attached together. Today it broke in half while I was cutting some chicken up for dinner. The mid-sized one is starting to show the same cracks, so I'm guessing it's not going to last much longer either. So far the smallest one hasn't started cracking, but I'm sure it'll happen eventually. I definitely wouldn't waste my money on these. If you're going to get bamboo cutting boards, get something thicker and sturdier. Or buy a different material altogether.
33 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2013
These were delivered to me on 2/25/13. I was very excited when I got them, I love that they were easy to store and the different sizes made it easy to work in small spaces. But today is 3/17/13, and I picked up the middle board to use it this morning and it has a crack right down the center about 2/3 of the way. Obviously it's going to split right in half. These have only been hand-washed, and not even used that many times. This is by far the most disappointing purchase I have ever made on Amazon, and I am a very frequent shopper here. I may return them, but I do not want them replaced as I have no confidence in this product. This is truly a case of 'You get what you pay for', don't let the cheap price fool you into buying these because you'll just be throwing your money away.

Update: I did return these. Amazon made it VERY easy, and I chose the Farberware 3-Piece Wood Cutting Board Set as a replacement. Since the difference in price was less than a dollar, they just did an even swap for me. Nearly a month later, I love my new boards! They are wood, and have a drip groove around the edge, and after multiple uses they are holding up perfectly. I'm very pleased with how Amazon made this right for me with no hassle and a very easy return and replace policy.
VINE VOICEon October 16, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I don't have much to say about this product other than after washing them, the boards started to warp when they were drip-drying. That's generally not a good sign if you're looking for a cutting board with actual structural integrity. The large one is on the verge of splitting down the middle if any weight is put on it. I had to throw it out after one washing.

Save your money.
on March 22, 2013
These boards are useless. The large board broke in two after it was washed lightly after first use. Worthless . . . waste of money.
on January 14, 2013
Overall, it's a cutting board and works as you'd expect. Some thoughts:

- The largest board is too small for an average sized cook's knife. Look for something larger if you do a lot of cutting or work with larger items like a whole chicken. I wouldn't try cutting up anything bigger than a quarter chicken on the biggest board.

- The smallest board is great for cutting and serving cheese

- The boards are made of bamboo so it is harder to cut extremely quickly. This only really matters if you can cut very fast and have only used heavy hardwood boards in the past. Bamboo is a more environmentally friendly material than hardwood so at least my conscience is clear. ;-)

- The bamboo splinters a little too easily. Serrated knives like my bread knife seem to make it splinter more. This is just an annoyance and doesn't really matter for the most part.

- The low cost easily outweighs the minor flaws for me.

update 11/6/13:
After 10 months of abuse these are still serviceable but not in good condition. They are warping and cracking in multiple places, but this is due to my complete lack of concern for them. Normally I only hand wash my good cutting boards and oil them occasionally to prevent warping and cracking, but with these, I throw them in the dishwasher on the hottest setting. So if you hate taking "proper" care of cutting boards, these are a good choice. That said, they started warping and cracking before I started using the dishwasher (got worse after), so if you need something durable you might want to look elsewhere.
on October 31, 2015
These are not long lasting cutting boards. Within the first year, all 3 boards had warped and/or split. And I would always wash and promptly dry them, so they weren't sitting around wet or soaking in a sink or anything like that. These are the first cutting boards I have ever owned which warped, and that's probably because of how thin they are. While they were nice and lightweight and easy to store and use, I won't be buying such a thin cutting board ever again.
on September 20, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm not in love with these. While it may be a good value for 3 boards, they're thin, which is good for storage, but the lack of a gulley/grove around the edge to catch drips is a huge disappointment. These boards are great for cutting fruits and veggies, definitely not good for a thick juicy steak. Also had a large juicy tomato that eventually leaked/ran off the board onto the counter. The lack of any kind of friction on the bottom permits the board to slide around the counter top, and that is driving me nuts. I'm going to check the hardware section for something that could be applied to prevent sliding without taking away from the natural beauty of the boards.
on December 6, 2013
Because it's a bamboo product, I always hand-washed these boards instead of using dishwasher. However, three months later the larger two boards were split in half in the middle. As pretty as they were made in this way.... Now I just need to buy another set of cutting boards... completely wasted my money.