Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 27, 2012
The pictures and test drive for this app were misleading. The app contained only a fraction of the sounds shown in the pictures and test drive. Very disappointed.

Edit: Developer e-mailed right back when I mentioned my complaint about this app--supposedly there's an update coming in a week or so to correct the layout and sound loop problems.

As of 12/21 this app has been updated to include all of the sounds on the test drive (plus 12 new ones) and has corrected the looping problem.
0Comment|370 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2012
But this one can help me sleep when nothing else can. I can pick my mix of sounds, and there are plenty. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because when I try to use it with a headset, no sound. I did contact developers but they had not heard of this issue...

UPDATE: I installed this on my Fire HD 8.9 and it works perfectly headphones or not. I have changed my rating to five stars. They also added some more sounds. I love that I can mix up to 8, I think, since most only allow 3,4 or none. The six binaural work really well, I am sleeping or relaxing with them, love this!
on August 2, 2012
GREAT app...haven't tried out the binaural beats feature, but the selection and quality of the sounds and tunes is amazing. No interruptions from ads so far either, just a barely noticeable banner at the bottom of the screen. Highly recommended!
0Comment|244 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2012
UPDATE 12/21/12: The developer pushed an update to this app yesterday, and fixed the issue with the Kindle Fire HD (detailed below in my original review). I finally got to use the app last night while I slept, and it was great. The UI is clean and intuitive, and the ability to create your own "blends" of sounds is wonderful. There's a very nice assortment of sounds included, so chances are you'll find something that works for you. It took a while to get the kinks ironed out, but I finally feel like I can get my money's worth now.

----------
I purchased this app on the strength of the reviews, but now I find them a bit suspect. While the interface of the app is nice and it's easy to use, there are very short gaps or disruptions when some of the sounds loop. I noticed it on several, and they were unfortunately the sounds that I would be most likely to use to sleep. When those sounds loop, there's a brief pause in the sound -- a fraction of a second, while it repeats, but extremely noticeable and very distracting. I tried to ignore it, but my brain just started anticipating the gaps, making it impossible to fall asleep.

If they could fix those sounds, I'd give the app 5 stars in a heartbeat. Until then, it's completely worthless to me. I sent a message to their support email. We shall see if they're responsive.

Please note that I'm using this on a Kindle Fire HD (7"). The issue I'm describing may not exist on other devices. I did write to the developer's support email, and received a response saying that they were aware of the issue and working on a fix, which would be out in a week or two. That was a week ago, so we'll see. If they fix it, I'll be sure to update this review accordingly.

UPDATE: On November 6, "Simon" from Ipnos Soft said that they were aware of the problem and should release an update in 1-2 weeks. It's now been well over a month and there has been no update. I'm lowering the rating to one star.
11 comment|317 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2013
Overall: After searching for such a long time on both iTunes and Google Play, I ran into this app which is the best relaxation app around. Relax Melodies Premium is a very nice easy to use app that creates soothing ambiance whenever you need it. Provided are a choice of what seems like close to 100 melodies/ tracks which play over and over in a loop. You can choose which of these tracks to play together so that you create your own calming music.

Pros: The selection is quite impressive. For instance, you can put together the sound of the water on the beach with a thunder storm. Or, chimes can be played with the pleasant burble of a river. There is no limit to how many of the sounds you can play together so there are literally hundreds if not thousands of soundtracks to be made. And, because the sounds are so customizable, you can make one to fit your mood at any time!

Cons: Button selection is sometimes tedious as you need to push the square representing a sound exactly in the center. Also, this app does not have a lockscreen or slide down menu widget which means that you need to be in the app itself to start or stop the music.

Most Useful Features: The timer is handy because you can start the music, let it go and it will stop after a prescribed amount of time. This is very useful for me as I use the app when I put my daughter to sleep. The melody is so soothing that I will usually fall asleep too! Also, there is a ‘Favorites’ selection which is populated with melodies that the app developers provided as a template. This feature enables you to add your favorite combinations as you start to mix and match the sounds.

Enjoy!
on May 28, 2013
I bought this a month ago when my real sound machine stopped working and I don't regret it. It was $3 and a new machine would have been at least $20. Plus, this has so many more choices for sounds. I tweak mine a little every night. I do keep my Kindle Fire plugged in all night because it drains the battery otherwise. I wish I would have waited, but I don't mind. Worth every penny, but even better for free!
on May 28, 2013
My only problem with this app is that I love the combos so much that I play with the app instead of trying to sleep. But when I do drift off, it's to my own creative lullaby!
on March 15, 2016
This used to be a great app for relaxation. I even paid for the premium version but now it doesn't work at all from the Amazon store but the free version from the Google app store works fine.the paid version keeps saying that there may be no network connectivity but there obviously is of the free version works
on October 29, 2014
Although I have not tried every ambient/white noise generator available, I have tried 20 or more of them in my search for one that actually aids in sleep. So far, all of the Relax Melodies sound generators are the absolute best.

This is available on both Android and iOS, both of which I have used and I don't recall there being any notable differences between them.

The user interface is pretty easy, yet allows for a lot of customization of sounds so users may use single sounds, pre-mixed combos, or make custom combos themselves. Each individual sound's volume is adjustable independently in order to create the perfect combination of sounds. Once a combo is made, it can be saved as a favorite and named accordingly for future use. Other features include an alarm and a timer that can be used to turn off the sounds after a predetermined amount of time as well as a feature to help choose a sound based on "mood" and links to a blog for sleep tips. Every function is pretty straight forward with no convoluted controls or messy menus buried within menus.

As for the sounds: there are enough to choose from that I think it would be rather easy for anyone to find sounds that are suitable for their personal taste. I can't really find a definite theme for the sounds offered in this particular app, but they include a variety of rain and water sounds, forest sounds including wind through trees, rustling leaves, bugs, frogs and sounds that combine these aspects such as rain on a tent. City sounds, humming, chants, space sounds, crowds and heartbeats are also amongst the variety of sounds to choose from, plus there are melodies and other musical tones including music box, bass notes, flutes and piano for those who prefer something more musical. There appear to be around 94 different individual sounds spread across a few pages (not all clumped into one, difficult to use page). Each sound is represented as a small "tile" with the name of the sound and a line drawing depicting a visual representation of that sound. 94 sounds may seem overwhelming, but I assure you that it shouldn't take much time browsing before most will feel comfortable with them.

In contrast to many similar sound generators, I found it hard to notice the seam in the loop of the sound. This, to me, is one of the most important aspects when choosing a sound generator since detectable loop seams tend to be a distraction that annoy and prevent relaxation. While testing the other sound generating apps, this was the most common problem I encountered. For those who don't know what I am referring to, here is a little detail: The sounds consist of a recording that lasts for a certain amount of time. Let's say 11 seconds, just as an example. Once that 11 second recording has finished, it immediately starts over and should form a continuous loop. When that loop doesn't line up correctly, there is either a small *tick* that indicates a break in the sound or a shift in tonality. Those with problems sleeping can usually pick up on the most minute details, just as I have. Relax Melodies is one of the only sound generators where this has NOT been an issue.

Even though I primarily use this app for sleeping, I also use it on airplanes to drown out noises while I read. A friend of mine who purchased it based on my recommendation uses it while meditating and during her massage therapy sessions. I'm sure it can be used for much more.

I am very pleased with this app and highly suggest it to anyone looking for a sound generator. Well worth the price.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon September 25, 2014
I am going to be really ENTHUSASTIC about this app. Seriously! Talk about serendipity... I had just noticed this app yesterday under another reviewer's profile and was deeply intrigued, thinking how much I wished it would become free again. And BLAMMO! Hah.

TECHNICAL DETAILS
First, the nitty gritty technical details. Not much really. It only requests Device State & ID in order to pause on phones with an incoming call, and it has ZERO code concerns. And unlike a similar relaxation app I purchased ages ago, RELAX MP runs OFFLINE.

Installed at 47.74 megabytes with an option to move it to my SD Card (KitKat 4.4.2). Here is one of the AWESOME bits: after selecting your sound mix, hit the Back-Key and the app EXITS CLEANLY YET CONTINUES TO PLAY with a app link in your Android Taskbar. This means it will let you continue on with any other Resource Hungry apps. This isn't limited by any number of mixes you may have going.

Of course, if you Home Screen button out, it does continue to actively run. But there isn't a point in doing so. Not at all.

EASE OF USE:
Can't get any simpler than this. Tap the sounds you want to mix, each one being separately adjustable in terms of volume at the top as well as a global volume at the bottom. The only small issue I had was that the individual sound adjustment for each only pops up after initially selecting the sound, then disappears after about 3 seconds. The only way to get the sound level slider again is to turn off then on the individual sound. A very minor thing, yet possibly important enough to highlight.

Four pages of cool, relaxing sounds! On the very first page (swipe all the way to the left), there is even a selection of what is known as "Brainscape" music, a somewhat new music frontier in the New Age field, that purports to increase specific levels of brain waves and thus inducing the associated state. There are already a large variety of methods of creating brainscape music, this app using a binaural beat. You do need to listen with headphones to hear the inclusion of these binaural beats over your current selection of sounds on the other three pages.

Add to all this a functional TIMER mode, and you get the best app I have experienced in this field. Hit the menu button on your device, and you get additional options, including a Timer and a Favorites listing, which saves all your sound selections AND their individual sound level mixes. Very nice touches.

SUM:
Just too cool for words. I have spent so much on various meditation CDs and relaxation apps, trying to find that perfect balance of rhythmic beat and serenity, only to now being able to customize my experience spot on. If you love New Age music, meditation, or just having a chill-out grok moment, then I can't recommend RELAX MP enough.