Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on October 28, 2012
I have made the whoopie pies, the hamburger casserole, the pumpkin bread, and a few more items. They have all turned out delicious! This book has recipes that use ingredients that are found around most homes, as the Amish use what they have. You won't have to go buy any fancy spices and spend a fortune only to use a pinch and throw it away. If you are looking for budget friendly, traditional cooking, this is for you. Highly recommend this book. I got it from the local library and am thinking of buying a copy.
on February 8, 2013
WOW, I have thoroughly enjoyed this cookbook, and have shared it with my Amish friend. We've been using recipes from it, and have been so happy with the results! Upon receipt, it was like new, and it was received before I expected it. Great all around transaction and product!
on November 22, 2013
I read the preview of this book available via the "Look Inside" option and saw the positive reviews, it seemed ok, so I bought it. Really the only good thing about this book is the baking section and the little snippets of stories from the author's novels (which I have not read). The snippets reminded me of the Anne of Green Gables books and the recipes included in the preview were basic, old fashioned, and entirely from scratch. Once I read the full book, I was really dissappointed in how many of the recipes used processed foods. Her cheese dip uses American Cheese. The Crispy Chicken recipe uses Cornflakes. Her casseroles use Cream of Mushroom soup. And some of the recipes are just bad, she fries chicken in butter?? Butter will burn and smoke up your whole kitchen! Some aspects of this book remind me of something that would make a "first cookbook" kind of gift for a young adult, but with some of the cooking techniques in the book just outright wrong, I am not even so sure of that.

I really like the idea of the book, but the execution fell flat. When I buy a cookbook that says "from 3 generations of Amish" I expect things to be made from scratch, not from processed garbage.
on June 12, 2013
A GOOD VARIETY OF AMISH COOKING.MOST OF THE RECIPES ARE EASY TO MAKE IF YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AS WRITTEN.
on May 28, 2014
Cookbooks are extra special to me. I enjoy just reading through them. Marking the things I was to try. I enjoyed this cookbook because of the good ideas and also enjoyed the interesting comments through the book. Thank you, very good.
on January 1, 2014
Added this book to my mothers Christmas Present and she was overjoyed with it. She loves Linda Byler best out of the Amish Romance writers because she takes her time and writes a quality book or in this case cookbook.
on February 7, 2014
Great little cook book. Well written and the recipes remind me of home.
The only problem I had is it is not really "Kindle friendly".
Sometimes I miss the first line because it is even with the title.
on February 18, 2013
Love using the many recipes found in this book. Lots of recipes use ingredients already on hand. Tasty and delicious meals.
on May 26, 2013
I like all the old recipes like my mom and grandma made. I can now make them just like they did so long ago.
on November 5, 2014
I liked and will try several recipes in this Amish cookbook. I don't know if there was a problem when converting this book into the Kindle ebook version or not. The pages doesn't seem to be correctly formatted.

Good recipes...