Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Putting it simply, Weather Live is an excellent, nicely customizable app on the Kindle Fire or the Kindle Fire HD series. Have tried a few of them here, and this one really stands out. What makes this one stand out is not just its beauty on the screen, but that it uses AccuWeather to get its data, then presents it so well on the screen.

Once downloaded, you can set the formats for the temperature, wind speed, pressure and time. You can change the layout to all details, short-term forecast, long-term forecast, current state only or text only. You can set it for multiple locations (tip: use your zip code) and then switch between them with a horizontal swipe across the screen. And the dynamic backgrounds make it a pleasure to see as you're getting the overview of your own weather.

Have used AccuWeather for Android, and it's very good, with its weather maps and such. But as far as ease of use once it set up and configure for how you want to view your own climate conditions, Weather Live may be the perfect choice if you don't need or want the extras that AccuWeather offers.

Should note that the same developer makes My Alarm Clock, an app that stands alone in terms of having such a good looking and highly functional interface, and it works quite well. Both of these are highly recommended to all who are looking for efficient apps that work well on the Kindle Fire or the Kindle Fire HD series, and look good as well.

Updated 12/5/2012
22 comments|585 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2013
Ok guys here is the catch. If I buy an app, I sort of expect a real ad-free experience. The constant nagging to buy the next app, or rate the app every morning after the alarm goes off is a pretty good reason to just delete it, ignore all apps from you and give a rating like this.
11 comment|186 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2012
This is so simple to use and it gives you the info you want without having to go through multiple screens.. l also like the clean layout which makes it easy to read.
0Comment|373 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Ever since I got my Kindle Fire, I've been looking for a really good weather app. I've been dissatisfied with Weather Channel and Accuweather, since I can't get the radar maps to work well. "Weather Live" doesn't have maps, but the graphic display is easily the best that I've seen yet. I have friends and relatives around the country, and I like to check their weather, and Weather Live is very easy to set up other locations and go to them by swiping the screen.

Hopefully, the developers will eventually add weather maps, which would put this app above the other weather apps that I've seen.
on January 11, 2014
Not accurate in my area. Example, earlier this week we had a bit of snow and the app showed a slight overcast condition. Also the temperature is always off by 5 degrees Fahrenheit. App on my phone is dead on accurate and was free. The app is nice enough to look at but if it were factual that would be money well spent. As it stands, I no longer open it because, sadly, the Intel is incorrect.
on August 11, 2012
While not having the complete information of a site like The Weather Channel, it is a real nice quick check on the weather.
0Comment|316 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2013
Froze my Fire. Almost impossible to uninstall, asks constantly for reviews AND offers FREEBIES for 5-star ratings:a practice Amazon should disallow. I bought this in conjunction with the developer's Alarm Clock app (which would nags you constantly to
buy this add-on) and had to uninstall both. I nearly had to reset my Kindle.
on August 9, 2012
This is the BEST weather app I have ever used. It is so eye catching & slick. It's also customizable and shows a lot of professionally presented information. Absolutely one of my favorite apps ever!
on August 11, 2013
I cannot get my local weather-I get Wisconsin weather-I have tried everything! you should be able to get different cities!
on November 11, 2013
The graphics raved about by others comes at a cost. A very prominent part of the display is the local time. However, the time is not correctly displayed and to remedy this, you are required to buy an app "My Alarm Clock".