Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

on December 3, 2012
Very easy to use on my Kindle Fire. I kayak all over Washington coastal rivers and in Japan. you do not need to be onlinear to use it. It works perfect for planning launch times. I just cannot say enough about it. A great companion for my GPS. If you have a Kindle Fire and need to know tides or currents even in far off places the get this app. You will love it!
on September 7, 2013
Downloaded from Amazon app store and installed on Nexus 7 (newest one in fall of 2013) and it just gives a blank screen exit. Useless on this particular platform.
on February 13, 2016
02/14/2016
I am updating this post and restoring my rating to 5 starts. The issue noted below had nothing to do with the app. It was caused by an update to the Samsung Note 4 (and other phones) that changed the way the phone software deals with Amazon apps. It is necessary to UNINSTALL the Tides and Currents app and the Amazon app itself. Logon to Amazon on your computer and REMOVE the device (Your Account / Your Android Apps and Devices). Using the normal Amazon "store" app (this is not the app you just uninstalled which only focuses on their "apps.") which should still be on your phone - go to the menu and open "Underground Apps." Search for Tides and Currents and re-install. When you open this app, it will ask that you sign-on to your Amazon account. This is the key. Once you do this - all is OK and you'll be able to download Amazon apps with no problem.

ORIGINAL POST
Samsung Note 4. Ran fine for past year but since last Note 4 update around 2/10/16, says INTERNAL SERVICE ERROR then APP NOT OWNED .. I did purchase it and when reinstalling, Amazon correctly does not try to charge me again.
on February 3, 2014
Too difficult to find specific locations. Have to scroll through thousands of locations only to find Lincoln City or Siletz Bay not even listed. When I did finally find a useful area I couldn't add it to the favorites list. Like I'm going to scroll through that mess every time I want to look at the tide. You should at least be able to search by state or location. It's just easier to go to the web from my tablet, Google Oregon tides, and Bam. Oregon tides. Some of these apps are just too convoluted.
on December 11, 2012
This is a great app on my HTC Thunderbolt phone and supposedly works on my smaller Kindle but I'm disappointed that it isn't compatible with my new Kindle Fire HD 8.9.

Gave it 4 stars because it is a great app - make it work for the new Kindle and it's a five-star app.
on February 29, 2016
Good, useful App. I use it to estimate the tides n my area (Southeast Alaska) where we have between 6' and 21' tides. So far, it has been accurate, and has not let me down. It is fairly intuitive and easy to read. JBK
on May 16, 2013
I like this app. I appreciate the scrolling feature that lets you move back and forth in time. It took me a minute to reconcile the difference in UI between the smartphone and kindle versions but I have used this on my phone and now look forward to using it on my new Kindle too.
on April 27, 2013
this works really well when I go to the beach ... of course you could always just use (GASP) a paper tide tables that you can pick up most places for free... but hey its electronic so that is always good ...most of the time....
on August 25, 2015
I downloaded what thought would be an awesome and useful app. Unfortunately, after loading it wouldn't open. Then upon uninstall it caused my phone to restart which has never happened before. Very disappointing that an app has so many issues on so many devices. I loaded on a Samsung Note 3.
on April 29, 2015
Works well but when I turn the phone off and restart the "Fly To" function takes me to New Jersey....I'm in South Carolina!! After a couple more "Fly To" attempts I end up in SC.......hopefully a future update will fix this.......otherwise it works very well!!
Thanks!!