Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on September 29, 2012
This is my 4th graphics card that I've personally owned ever since stepping into the desktop world of computers and self-upgrading.

- My Alienware x51 came with a GT 545 card...mediocre performance.

- Soon after I did some research (at the time) to see what was viable as an upgrade for a slim-tower gaming desktop (with only a 330W power supply)... then came the GTX 560 ti...unfortunately that card, as wonderful as it may have been, consumed more power than I would have liked AND ran too hot in the small case.

- Moving onto to a quick upgrade, i purchased the AMD Sapphire 7850 OC card...that fit perfect into the case and i could enjoy most games on High graphics...this was before the 660 ti SC came out.

- FINALLY the 660 ti SC came out and i had to have it. it came with the borderlands 2 game code and that was a steal by itself. i essentially got the card for about 240 dollars. this card fits PERFECTLY into my x51 and runs soooo cool it hardly ever spins up. power consumption is beautiful as my 330W power supply handles it well. I could not be more happier with this card for the price and performance. im pleased that all my games can run maxed out on extreme detail at 1080p resolution.

i highly recommend this card to anyone who is looking for a card...especially if you own an alienware x51.
1111 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2012
I am posting this review to advise Dell XPS 8500 owners that this card worked out of the box. I had to do some arranging of the USB cable to the front ports and SATA data cables to the disk drive and DVD drive. I am using the stock 460W power supply. The SATA cable to the DVD was to short so I moved the DVD drive to the lower bay which gave me just enough length to get around the 660 TI card. Temperature and power do not seem to be a problem.
77 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2012
EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti SUPERCLOCKED 2048MB GDDR5 DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI, DP, SLI Graphics Card (02G-P4-3662-KR) Graphics Cards 02G-P4-3662-KR

Note: Read the Part Numbers Carefully, the 02-P4-3662-KR is the faster and right now cheaper than the 02G-P4-3660-KR, at least from what I can tell.

I do a lot of video editing that stresses my video card, also some cad work, and some light games, not like a heavy gamer, but gives it a pretty good workout, the board I had was my performance choke point so I went looking for something faster that fit my 460W PC power supply. The GTX660Ti was the most board I could get without having to get a new power supply, nVidia / EVGA specs say you need a 450W supply, so mine was close but more on that later.

I ordered the board and a Y-Splitter for my only PCIe connector, so I had the two required for the 660Ti and waited for the mailman...

Overall Rating: 5

This just went about as good as it gets, it plugged right in and worked, and much of what I do feels like I got a new PC. The nVidia software/drivers went in without a hitch and I was enjoying my new video card in less than 20 minutes. Fired up it has exceeded all my expectations, it did exactly what I what I was looking for.

Hardware Installation: 5

As long as you have installed a card on a PC before, this is a breeze, even if you haven't it is really not hard. This does take two slots and is long but as long as it fits, pretty easy. You also need two PCIe power connections for the board, if you don't have 2 then you need to get adaptor power cables, it ships with Molex to PCIe splitters, my PC has no Molex connectors but the Y-Cable for PCIe is available here on Amazon for 8 bucks.

Software Installation: 5

This was the part I was worried about, I have had entire weekends taken over by video board upgrades and in this system with a Digital Tuner and a lot of multi-media software I went in expecting some issues. I had downloaded the latest driver install package from EVGA prior to installing (but do not install them before the board).

With the board installed and PC buttoned up, I started it up, and it comes up with the most basic VGA drivers, looks horrible, but the documentation tells you this will happen, and you then load their drivers, either from the CD shipped with the card or you can download them from EVGA.

The software loaded up very quickly, I was upgrading from a nVidia GT440, so it picked up all of my settings (nice touch) and after the drivers finished, it asked to restart. When it came back up, it was perfect, not a single desktop icon out of place even.

Performance: 5

The first thing I did was rerun Windows Experience, my prior score was 6.9 and jumped a full point to 7.9, the video had been my slowest score prior to this. I also ran some benchmarks, like Heaven Benchmark and the tools provided by nVidia, wow! this thing is fast. So much for theory, now it was time to do some editing.

A lot of editing I do is of recorded TV, specifically, recorded shows using Windows Media Center, prior to installing the new card I had timed the process on a 30 / 60 / 180 minute recorded programs. In each case the performance had improved over 25%, fired up a couple games and it was like playing them for the first time and while I am not a big gamer it is nice to know that I will be able hold my own for most things (well the video card will hold, I will just get shot up as usual)

Documentation: +5 and -5

First the +5 score, it is 2 pages of a little pamphlet and for something this complex that may seem a little light, well it isn't (with one exception noted below) it is very Jack Web (Just the facts ma'am):

Page 2: How to install the hardware, mostly pictures)

Page3: How to Hook up your monitor(s) and installed the software (the latter is covered in 3 sentences!)

The great news is that is all the documentation it required, I can't think of another thing that would have helped. I don't know how they get away with it but it is not littered with warnings about what the State of California thinks about it (I assume on that one they don't care:), don't install while swimming and all the things you typically see.

Now for the -5, which I did not really factor into the overall score, but one line on Page 1, System Power Supply, there was another specification I had not seen before, this was a requirement that your power supply +12 Rail have at least 24 Amps.
Well who the heck knows a detail like that, even a geek like me did not now (I assume box builders and heavy gamers know) and they give you no clue as to how you can determine if your supply meets the requirement.

At this point I owe a big shout-out to the guys over at JonnyGuru (just add a .com to that name to go there), I explained my situation and was actually thinking of upgrading anyway, thinking 460 is a little tight for something that want 450.
Most important I did not want to fry my power supply and computer, the JonnyGuru guys worked with me to sort it all out, in the end my power supply was fine. So a happy ending to a rather "rushed" last minute requirement.

I can't really score it against them since it is only fair that you are warned, poorly engineered, low end power supplies might let you fry the supply and your PC, turns out HP put in a really well built supply, so even if it had overload it would have just turned itself off. I can also see why they do not bother trying to explain the requirement, it would take a few books and an electrical engineering background would help.

Warranty: 5

It comes with a 3 year warranty, so if unless you think you'll be in the same PC 3 years from now the extended warranties are not really needed. Make sure to register the heck out of it, they have what appears to be a very exacting RMA process, my hope is I will never have to find out. I did not buy it but I liked how EVGA had a pre-paid, in-flight exchange program, which means they ship to you while you are shipping the bad one back to them, I did not like the cost of the program or rules and I have my old card, so decided I can wait, but it would be a good option if you plan to sell or reuse your old card.

Registration Process: 4

This is the first time I have registered a product and needed to upload a copy of my invoice, they say it is not "required" but later send you an email detailing all of the evils that may befall you if you don't upload an invoice, like adding days to the RMA process and potentially limiting your warranty to the day your board left the factoryt and not the day you bought it.

So plenty of incentive to upload your invoice :)

My System:
HP Pavilion h8-1090t / Intel i7-990 3.47GHz 6-Core CPU / 24GB RAM / 300GB SSD(Boot/System) / 2TB 7200RPM SATA(Apps/Data) / 2TB 7200RPM eSATA(Back-Up) / 2TB 7200RPM USB3 (DVR Drive) / 240GB SSD USB3 (Video Editing drive) / Centon Quad-Digital Tuner / Mororola Cable Card / Blu-Ray ROM & Blu-Ray RW / 2x HP 23" monitors / Win7 64-bit Ultimate Edition SP1 / Windows Media Center w/Blu-Ray plug-in
review image review image review image review image
on December 24, 2012
I upgraded from an EVGA GTX 470 SC and this video card was a huge boost in performance. I have an i7-2600k and this card allows me to run BF3 at the highest (ULTRA) levels at 1680x1050 with almost no slowdown at all. I do see a small stutter here and there if I'm playing on a map with 64 others and there is a ton of in city destruction, explosions, etc. In iRacing, there are no issues. Just max out every item available and still never drop below 90 to 100 fps, even with 30 cars being drawn. For the money, this card would be hard to beat.
on December 27, 2012
I was using an EVGA Geforce GTS 250 and I figured it was time to upgrade. I'm running an I7 920 and I feel that I'm still pretty much up to par with todays computers. I changed my 6 gigs of ram to 12 gigs corsair. I'm using an ASUS p6t Deluxe vers. 2 board. After the upgrade, it was like I bought a whole new computer with little investment. The graphics were like night and day. I saw Arkham City run like I've never seen it before. The details were incredible without any lag at ultra high settings on a 1080p monitor. The fan is super quiet. It is definitely worth the upgrade without spending alot on higher cards. Working with office software, it makes rendering and graphic work sooo much faster. Documents "spit out" on screen. I hightly reccomend this graphics card.
on March 7, 2013
I have had this for 6 months and it runs cool and fast. No problems with BF3 on utlra or Borderlands 2 with everything on high. I will buy a second one when it comes time and SLI them. Highly Highly recommended over the 660. My temps are between 48-52 C before with my gtx 280 SLI i was hitting over 79 C
on January 15, 2016
I've had this card for a couple years now, and it runs everything I throw at it (Far Cry 3/4, Shadow of Mordor, Metal Gear Solid V, etc.) at either high or max detail settings. It even runs things like Just Cause 3 that claim the minimum supported card is higher spec than this one (GTX 670). After adding some RAM to my system, I was running JC3 on high detail settings and getting about 70fps most of the time. I don't see the point in shelling out big bucks for a GTX 980 when this card still runs like a champ and chews through everything I send its way. The fans can be pretty noticeable when the action starts heating up, but if your tower isn't right next to your head, it's not an issue.

The original one I bought went kaput after about a year, but EGVA was quick in sending me a replacement, and their service has always been top notch.
on November 5, 2014
Great graphics card! I bought this a year and a half ago and it is still running strong. Runs everything on very high or higher still but is getting to be a bit outdated for my demands. (Very High @ ~60 FPS on ARMA 3, Ultra @ ~45-60 on Planetside 2, haven't tried any newer games than that) Overall great value card!
on July 5, 2014
It's not a GTX-690Ti, but it definitely screams. Moreover it runs very quietly and doesn't generate a lot of heat (my computer is on the floor just beneath the A/C thermostat...and moving either just isn't an option). For the price, this board is a solid choice for folks into gamesmanship more than specsmanship.
on September 12, 2013
works perfect can run almost any game I've played on max pretty easy. most recent games I've played would be bio-shock infinite the newest tomb raider as of 2013.. I've also played on games like World of Warcraft which I get around 50-90 frames in a 25 man raid which would be the most extreme example maxed out. also on league of legends I cap it out at 60 frames maxed because who really needs more than 60 for league anyway..?
Oh I play on just a 1080p screen though if you are on a higher res monitor you're performance will go down probably like 10-20 frames maxed (just a guess)
would defiantly say this is the card to get though if you aren't willing to spend 500 on a card.