Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on October 10, 2005
"There is indeed, no single quality of the cat that man could not emulate to his advantage." Carl Van Vechten

This book will make you life, cry and wonder in amazement at the bravery, intelligence, independence and sensitivity of man's other best friend, the cat!

I spent an entire day alternately laughing, crying and cuddling my kitties while reading this book. I could not put this amazing book down. It is a must read for anyone that has ever been owned by one of thse amazing creatures!
on September 13, 2005
I settled in bed last night at about 9:30, intending to read one or two stories in this book before lights out. Flash forward to 12:30 AM and me propping my eyelids open with toothpicks as I promise myself "Just one more story."

This book is a gold mine for feline lovers. A well-established cat fanatic, I didn't think I could read anything that would make me love cats even more, yet this book did it. I was touched, moved, humored, and enamoured all over again with our furry feline friends.

A quick disclosure - I have 2 stories in the book. But since I don't make additional money if the book sells or not, I hope this review will be taken at face value. I would snatch this book off the shelves and give it to any cat lover, any day. I'm very pleased to be a part of such a fine collection.
on February 2, 2006
Being a cat lover - and the proud parent of 3 handicapped kitties - I gasped in delight when I came across CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE CAT LOVER'S SOUL. This anthology combines over 100 stories of love, friendship, mystery, rescues, and more, and each story - anywhere from 2-6 pages each - packs a lot of punch, and enough emotion to have even the most composed person shedding a few tears. If you are a cat lover, this is a can't miss book, that will spend numerous hours by your side. A wonderful anthology that should be shared with the special cat - or cats - in your life.

Erika Sorocco

Book Review Columnist for The Community Bugle Newspaper
on October 2, 2005
I love all of the "Chicken Soup" books..they are well-done...heartfelt...I take this book with me everywhere...for a little "soul candy"...I'll be in a restaurant on my lunch break, while tears stream down my face straight from my heart. If you're in need of a tug at your heart...grab this book, and hopefully, have a cat to snuggle with ( or 2 or 3) and enjoy!
on January 17, 2006
Keep a box of tissues handy when you read this book. This book will make you cry tears of happiness and unfortunately sadness. From the impishness of kittens to the regal mystery of adult cats, our feline companions never cease to captivate our hearts and imaginations. Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul celebrates our feline friends, and the people who love them, in all their varied splendor: their independence, their msystique, their playfulness, and, yes, even their disdain.
on October 5, 2005
I laughed, cried, sighed, and thrilled over this wonderful collection of short stories about those ubiquitous "fur persons."

And, as one of those lucky souls who was invited to be a reader/judge of the finalists for publication, I am delighted to see so many of my favorites included in this collection. Hopefully, they'll be more installments of Chicken Soup anthologies for the legions of feline enthusiasts. This book is definitely a must have for anyone who loves cats and good short stories.
on December 15, 2012
I originally purchased this book in paperback for my daughter, who loves to read stories about animals. She shared several of the stories with me, and I enjoyed them so much that I bought the Kindle edition so the whole family could read it any time they wanted. The stories are inspiring, heartwarming, and a testament to the bonds we share with our furry family members.
on February 3, 2013
I love the stories about cats and these are ones that made me laugh and cry. I cannot get enough of the Chicken Soup for the Soul and am so glad they are in Kindle! I will be collecting each and every one of these books for sure!
on January 11, 2009
I would recommend this book to anyone, especially those dastardly dog-lovers who think cats are aloof & inferior. I do have to issue a warning about the chapter titled 'Farewell, My Love' though - don't read it if you are feeling vulnerable! It is very, very, very, very, very sad. I think the other reviewers have significantly underrated the 'crying element' to this book. My husband came home to find me red-eyed, shaken & exhausted after spending an afternoon in this particular chicken soup! Luckily there is a lovely, warm chapter about rescue kitties right after it which helps to restore one's equilibrium somewhat. All in all, it made me love not just my own babies more but all cats!
on February 29, 2016
I absolutely adore this book. Being a huge cat lover, this book pulled at the heart strings some!! I was able to get through this book in less than a day, but it does not mean I still don't go back to it from time to time to read the amazing stories. Besides another series that I like a lot, this book is one of my all time favorites!!