Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

67%
33%
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$7.99

on April 12, 2014
Being of Native descent, eagles are sacred to my Nation, and having worked with smaller raptors, I have some insight into what it takes to handle one... But this book gave me more than I bargained for! I laughed, and cried, and smiled the whole time. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves nature, or simply a good read!
on December 21, 1997
Kent Durden's "Gifts of an Eagle" was a rare find at the Public Library, and one of those books you want to own once you've read it. There is something about "Lady", the eagle that Kent and his father raised, that reveals a personality, a wild conciousness that was quite marvelous to witness "firsthand". Kent and his father got a liscense from the state of California to capture and raise this golden eagle, (something I doubt is even possible any more, which makes this a piece of history too.) For anyone who loves eagles, you will never get a more personal experience than this. Although out of print, this excellent book can still be found with a little digging.
on March 16, 2014
This book was such a pleasure to read. Totally entertaining and endearing. Lots of interesting facts told in the wittiest way with a good measure of suspense utilized to tell the tale. Do not hesitate to try this book. I have bought copies for all of my naturalist friends to rave reviews.
on January 4, 2013
Bought this book as a gift for my husband who is very interested in eagles. He devoured it in no time, sharing so many of the stories that he read about this bird and the father and son she touched with her life
on June 18, 2014
My dad gave me this book that he read as a kid when I was younger. I wanted to reread it while I was on the go so I purched the kindle version. The story overall is very entertaining. The writer, as he states, is not a writer so the story isnt as embelished or fancy as it could be. Reading this book is like listening to your grandpas stories. I really enjoy it still.
on June 11, 2015
I love this book! Who knew a book about eagles could be so highly entertaining? I bought the book for my classroom and, being the dutiful teacher, I read it first. I laughed, I smiled and I lived vicariously through the author's telling of his experiences. Gifts of an Eagle was a joy to read!
on July 6, 2015
Yes, it met my expectations. Nicely packaged. Book was as described. Thank you!

I was under the impression that I was reviewing my purchase experience - not the book. I've read the book before - years ago. I thoroughly enjoyed and wanted to have it in my library again. I've not read this one yet; I haven't had it long enough. I feel that I would need to refresh my memory in order to be completely honest.
on December 29, 2012
Read the book on Kindle but also have the actual book and DVD. A wonderful story of the relationship between man and eagle. The relationship was pretty much equal especially in the eagle's eyes. I'd recommend reading the book first and then watching the DVD since there is much more detail in the book.

I also soar in gliders and frequently have hawks, vultures and seagulls sharing and circling in the same thermal I would be flying in. I never cease to marvel at their beauty and total grace and ease in the air. Seeing an eagle close up is really something. This book just brings the eagle to life.

Note that the kindle version appears to place all the pictures at the end while in the book it appears after several different sections. In this case it is much easier to flip back and forth in the actual book. A very small nitpick to an overall great experience both kindle and actual book.

If you like this book you will also love "Wesley the Owl".

Highly recommended.

P.S. Another reviewer mentioned that the book is out of print. You can still get it along with the DVD here: [...]
on July 9, 2012
I just adored this wonderful little book. Not only was it full of keen wildlife observations but it was totally hilarious. Any animal lover will happily devour it.
on August 19, 2013
A quick interesting read. At times the narrative bogged down, but overall the book is interesting and certainly well intended. It has a happy ending.