Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

on November 27, 2012
I bought the Gadget Guard Screen Protector for my iPhone 5 at the Verizon store and had them install it. The shield is somewhat clearer than the Zagg without the distortion/waviness/texturing you see on the Zagg from side angles. But this protector leaves a gap around the entire screen of more than 1/16 of an inch. Doesn't sound like much, but with a slim fit case like my Cygnett Urbanshield, it is very noticeable. Some other case with a larger front lip may cover the gap better. As it is, that exposed edge of the shield is now becoming a dust catcher. The Zagg shields I had for previous iPhones covered the entire glass and I simply preferred that.
on December 5, 2012
'Free replacement' guarantee is $4.95 shipping and handling - in other words, you have to buy it again, you just get it at wholesale the second time around.

It fit my iPhone 5 just fine, so fit isn't an issue. It's difficult to install and have it still look nice. Plain water doesn't work well. If you get this product, plan to use a little soap in the water and expect to mess it up at least once. If the place you got your iPhone will install it for you and give you a true free replacement, I'd try that and skip ordering it from anyplace online and risk throwing away another $5+ ... after all, you never know just how many times it might take you to get it right!

I have used their product on an iPhone 4 and it worked great. No scratches and any 'dents' smoothed out again. I had the retail store install it and they did give free replacements. They guy there did these all the time and he still had to be very careful and messed up the first one he put on for me.

So, 1 star for self-install, 4-5 stars for having someone else do it for you.
on June 16, 2015
Started peeling up around the edges almost right away. I lived with it until I smarted up and bought tech glass for just over $10. Now, that's a quality product! I try to be reasonable with reviews here. Don't waste your time with this.
on January 3, 2013
There are so many less expensive and better options. I bought the Gadget Guard for my new iPhone. It is impossible to install yourself. It comes with a worthless guarantee because they overcharge you for shipping a replacement -- it is nearly the same price to purchase a new screen protector. Do yourself a favor and buy from a different company. There are tons of them out there, and they are all better than this screen protector.
on October 27, 2012
I installed according to the instructions and was left with lots of air bubbles that did not, in fact, disappear within 48 hours (the instructions said they would). I sent a note to the company and they honored their replacement policy (for a $4 handling fee). So I tried again. Fewer air bubbles, but marks were left by the squeegee, and, after five days, the guard started peeling away at the edges. I threw it away and I'll take my chances without a guard.
on February 26, 2016
I dropped my phone from about 3 feet. Not only did the Gadget Guard shatter but my iPhone 6 screen shattered as well. Won't be cashing in on the "free" (you must pay $4.95 for shipping) replacement screen.
on October 13, 2012
The guard appears "clearer" than other brands I've used. Easily applied (if) when you watch the youtube instruction video. Tough, and good looking.
on October 5, 2012
Film has awesome clarity - it is virtually undetectable. I love it, and the lifetime guarantee is sweet! Thanks Gadget Guard!
on November 12, 2012
Didn't live up to my expectations. Didn't go on smoothly, so had to end up throwing it away. In addition it was way to thick and changed the feel of the phone. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.
on August 8, 2013
I'm assuming I bought a defective screen guard, because when I pulled the first tab off, all the adhesive came with it, leaving me very confused. To me, it's not worth getting a "free" replacement at $4 so I'll be buying a different brand.