Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now STEM

on November 27, 2012
UPDATE
Hugely disappointing experience with this watch. It stopped working altogether within 6-7 months of receiving it. I thought this could be OK, because it was under warranty. Well, huge disappointment again. Stuhrling's policy is such that they might repair it it at no cost, but only if (1) we pay the shipping both ways, and (2) they deem the defect to be the fault of the manufacturer. The shipping thing is the big issue -- I paid $80 for this watch, and they want me to pay a full $80 ($40 flat rate each way, from Canada) to ship it back to them!!! I asked if they would waive the fee, considering that it's the cost of the item over again, that I bought the product with a good-faith understanding of the warranty, and that it is in fact their defective merchandise, but they wouldn't, because they deemed the time period from the date of purchase too long to justify such a waiver, despite it being well within the warranty period. I could not justify paying this pretty outrageous fee, especially since I had no assurance that they would be honest in their assessment of whether the malfunction was their fault or mine, which would then also leave me with the bill to pay for the repairs, in addition to the shipping. So, I am left with a piece of garbage because I refuse to pay this ridiculous fee, and they are left with a customer who will never buy their products again.

So, if you you are considering buying this or any other Stuhrling product and the warranty figures into your decision, don't expect them to make good on it if something goes wrong, at least not without you paying through the nose for shipping they ought to be covering anyway. They don't appear to care about making it right when their products malfunction without taking their customers for a ride in the process. So much for pride of workmanship or customer service. The company seems totally unconcerned with these matters, in my experience.

***************************
I purchased this watch for my husband for Christmas. It is really neat looking. I like to see the mechanical parts at work. It also doesn't require a battery, which is awesome. However, it is HUGE. It looks very large on his wrist, so look at the size specifications before you decide. I'm sure that he will get use to it, but you may be turned off by the size.
on November 7, 2012
No complaints about this watch. It runs ok and looks nice. It was given to me as a gift. It should be pointed out though, that despite the claims of reverence for the Swiss watchmaking "tradition" in the description, nowhere does the promotional material actually state that the movement is made in Switzerland. That's because it's not. Despite the germanic-sounding name, the watch is made in China. But that's what makes it inexpensive, so fair enough.
on August 5, 2014
I'd like to break my review up into several sections so that the prospective buyer truly understands what they're getting:

1. Looks - The watch looks freaking amazing. Every person that sees it asks me about it, asks the story behind it, and the lay person (someone who is not a watch enthusiast) will think it's very expensive. To the keen watchmen eye, the watch looks great and even though it's no rolex, they can appreciate your taste for fine watches. Even the backing of the watch is worth showing (so I tend to take my watch off often to show the skeletal design in the back

2. Usability - the watch has some issues. As some other people noted, the hands are silver and thus they sometimes blend in with the background. It's easy to get used to it though.

3. Timekeeping - the watch WILL run faster or slower depending on the season/humidity/temperature. This is normal for most watches but I believe it's more pronounced this one. I often fix the time as the watch will go faster/slower by a few minutes every day. I usually set it in the morning on the bus out of habit and it keeps time for the day. It's a little annoying but it does what I need it to do: tell me time without having to glance at my phone every 5 minutes. So instead of wasting the time I look at my phone to check the time, I set my watch in the morning.

4. Winding - the watch does need to be wound. It has a self-winding mechanism but it doesn't replace a good ol' winding. I tend to wind the watch out of habit while I'm sitting at a meeting or just thinking so my watch is usually wound up well. If you forget your watch in your nightstand for a few days, your watch will be "dead" and you'll have to spend a minute or two winding it and setting the time.

5. Water - The watch says it's 50 meters water resistant, that doesn't mean you can dive 50 meters under water with it. It just means that if you get some water on it when it's raining or leave in a humid room, it won't die on you. Keep that in mind, the manual that comes with the watch explains this.

Overall, I really like the watch. The off-time is annoying and I'm thinking of going to a watchmaker to adjust the crystal inside. However, it's not much of a bother yet.
on March 12, 2013
It's appearance is nice but just after 3 months of usage (also I used it carefully) its mechanism was broke down. I need to set it every day. It cannot recharge itself by my hand motions.
Edit: 1 month after that it totaly broke down and didn't work. My money spoiled :(
(Please note that this watch is made in china)
on November 25, 2012
Watch looks and feels great but you can tell it is an $80 dollar watch and no where near the "list price". This watch stopped working and will only work when shaking or jolting it to free the stuck second hand. Will not buy any Stuhrling Products and advise against anyone else from doing the same.
on April 11, 2013
I bought this watch in Amazon an it only worked for a week. On top of that I live in Argentina, so now I dont know what to do with the watch. I wrote to the Timepiece Trading the company that sells these watches in Amazon and they tell me to return the watch. LOL I'm in Argentina!!! Who's gonna pay the shippment???
on October 7, 2014
this has been the best gift i have ever gotten for my husband! if you can wait till the cyber monday deals and get them on sale. i think i got mine at around $70 and literally the next day the price went up to $250 because of demand. he gets so many compliments on his watch and it really dresses up and outfit.
on November 7, 2015
I have never gotten so many compliments on my watch as I have with this timepiece. People can't stop looking at the skeleton design and swear that I must have paid a small fortune. I will say that after a year the automatic winder unscrewed and caused the watch to stop working, but not wanting to let my great looking watch die I bought watch tool and opened up the back piece, screwed the winder back on and got it working again. I should have given it less stars because of the defect but I kept it at 5 because of the way I feel when I'm wearing it.
on February 4, 2016
Nice watch, good sized case. I replaced the band with a Nylon Zulu strap to my taste. Something that did bother me a bit though is it says "retrograde second hand". It is not in fact a true retrograde movement, but just has a smaller hand on one side (still goes all 360 degrees around) that just points to closer set of second markers. One of my favorite Stührlings so far.
on April 4, 2015
I have had the watch only for a short period of time. It functions well. Hope it continues to do so. I only wear it for part of the day, but it hasn't stop running. Gains about one minute about every two days, which is acceptable for a mechanical watch. The watch is attractive. Better looking in person than in its picture. Both watch and band seem to be well made. But yet to see, if they pass the test of time. Pleas excuse the pun. The only question or issue I have is that when the crown is pulled out for time setting, the second continues to run, making it impossible to set to the exact time. Not so important for a mechanical watch. Instructions no help. All in all, I would recommend purchasing the watch and enjoying it, as I have.