Most helpful positive review
10 of 11 people found the following review helpful
Overall great watch, but some things to look out for
on August 5, 2014
I'd like to break my review up into several sections so that the prospective buyer truly understands what they're getting:
1. Looks - The watch looks freaking amazing. Every person that sees it asks me about it, asks the story behind it, and the lay person (someone who is not a watch enthusiast) will think it's very expensive. To the keen watchmen eye, the watch looks great and even though it's no rolex, they can appreciate your taste for fine watches. Even the backing of the watch is worth showing (so I tend to take my watch off often to show the skeletal design in the back
2. Usability - the watch has some issues. As some other people noted, the hands are silver and thus they sometimes blend in with the background. It's easy to get used to it though.
3. Timekeeping - the watch WILL run faster or slower depending on the season/humidity/temperature. This is normal for most watches but I believe it's more pronounced this one. I often fix the time as the watch will go faster/slower by a few minutes every day. I usually set it in the morning on the bus out of habit and it keeps time for the day. It's a little annoying but it does what I need it to do: tell me time without having to glance at my phone every 5 minutes. So instead of wasting the time I look at my phone to check the time, I set my watch in the morning.
4. Winding - the watch does need to be wound. It has a self-winding mechanism but it doesn't replace a good ol' winding. I tend to wind the watch out of habit while I'm sitting at a meeting or just thinking so my watch is usually wound up well. If you forget your watch in your nightstand for a few days, your watch will be "dead" and you'll have to spend a minute or two winding it and setting the time.
5. Water - The watch says it's 50 meters water resistant, that doesn't mean you can dive 50 meters under water with it. It just means that if you get some water on it when it's raining or leave in a humid room, it won't die on you. Keep that in mind, the manual that comes with the watch explains this.
Overall, I really like the watch. The off-time is annoying and I'm thinking of going to a watchmaker to adjust the crystal inside. However, it's not much of a bother yet.